ST sales

Trojan76

the championship has been pretty messed up last few season with rangers, hearts, hibs , dundee united all affecting the "normal" promotion system as these teams will always come out on top. After this season, things shoudl return to a status quo and like of Falkirk will come back up to SPL. I still believe we should be easily outselling Falkirk on ST sales though

2 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

I still believe we should be easily outselling Falkirk on ST sales though

The damage that a certain person did to our club will take 5-10yrs minimum to repair, it may never ever be 100% fixed, even if we have a successful couple of seasons some people will still be waiting on things returning to the norm as they see it in their eyes...... 

11 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

The damage that a certain person did to our club will take 5-10yrs minimum to repair, it may never ever be 100% fixed, even if we have a successful couple of seasons some people will still be waiting on things returning to the norm as they see it in their eyes...... 

I really hope it doesn't take that long to "repair" the lost st sales . As the last few years have proved there are very few teams in the SPFL that can plan for the next 5-10 years with any certainty. 

16 hours ago, DuncD said:

But they aren't playing 'winning football' if they aren't actually going up to the top division though are they? 

Id id be suprised this year if they didn't go up though. ICT are going to be poor going by their signing policy/offering trials policy. 

I think their objective is to get promoted not just to get to the play offs.

Falkirk have won 35 games in the last 2 seasons. We on the other hand have won 18 games in the last 2 seasons. 

So aye, they've played more winning football than Killie. 

3 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Falkirk have won 35 games in the last 2 seasons. We on the other hand have won 18 games in the last 2 seasons. 

Going by that logic Auchenleck should have more ST sales than Man utd!

19 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Then they're just looking for excuses and will be away at the first sign of trouble. Drama queens.

Could well be that people are not willing to shell out on a season ticket because of the dreadful home performances in recent years and will pick and choose their games to suit. It's up to Lee and the players now. Let them show that it is indeed a new era and the team is worthy of more support. I've got my ticket but I can see where others are coming from if they are reluctant to shell out on one.

7 minutes ago, Killie1970 said:

Could well be that people are not willing to shell out on a season ticket because of the dreadful home performances in recent years and will pick and choose their games to suit. It's up to Lee and the players now. Let them show that it is indeed a new era and the team is worthy of more support. I've got my ticket but I can see where others are coming from if they are reluctant to shell out on one.

It has indeed been a trying time with our home form. It would test the patience of a saint.

Edited by Mclean07

11 minutes ago, Killie1970 said:

So, on that basis we seem to have a lot of Gloryhunters, supporting Killie has never been about winning and playing like Talbot/Falkirk, if it takes 10 years for people to make up their minds to come back then I fear for us, i also think more will be dead than come back tbh.... excusesareus.com

1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

So, on that basis we seem to have a lot of Gloryhunters, supporting Killie has never been about winning and playing like Talbot/Falkirk, if it takes 10 years for people to make up their minds to come back then I fear for us, i also think more will be dead than come back tbh.... excusesareus.com

I don't think glory hunting comes into it. As we all know, too many people stopped attending because of the old regime. There could still be a lot of mistrust and people are genuinely waiting to see if there has, indeed, been the desired change. Some might not come back at all. The performances on the park must have put people off too. Not everyone can afford to throw away their hard earned, knowing that another defeat and garbage performance is almost a cert. But that's just my opinion. I'm very optimistic about the future of the club and hope upon hope that our fans will come back:hurrah: 

1 minute ago, Killie alan said:

There are a lot of fans who can't afford one also due to work commitments. I used to have one but don't work Monday to Friday so no point in me getting one.

That's also a good point. I've been in that situation myself and paid at the gate for games that I could attend.

2 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

Going by that logic Auchenleck should have more ST sales than Man utd!

Aye cause Auchenleck n Man United are similar sized clubs from the same country with a not too dissimilar fan base who play a league apart. 

Try n be realistic when you post instead of looking at everything through tinted blue glasses, we are where we are because of 5 season fighting off relegation. Falkirk have consistently punched above their weight in a league which would have ate us up had we been relegated and that's why they have sold a similar amount of season tickets as we have. 

16 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Surely we should be looking at the ayr game as a big opportunity to get a few more st sales. Pump them and get a marker put down early 

Exactly this. Go set the tone for the season, going to be a big noisy away support down there, get the players/management and fans all together again. This game has the potential to really kick start the new era for killie!!  

8 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

I Didn't say they played more winning football than Killie? 

They play in a lower league against a poorer level of opposition so not really a fair comparison. 

If Falkirk played that much winning football they'd be in top league and not bottling it in play offs or in semi finals :)

15 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Aye cause Auchenleck n Man United are similar sized clubs from the same country with a not too dissimilar fan base who play a league apart. 

Try n be realistic when you post instead of looking at everything through tinted blue glasses, we are where we are because of 5 season fighting off relegation. Falkirk have consistently punched above their weight in a league which would have ate us up had we been relegated and that's why they have sold a similar amount of season tickets as we have. 

so you don't think that we would have survived in the championship had we been relegated? Talk sense, out with the top 4 teams (and that's only thanks to bigger teams from spl being there , the rest are garbage. It is not blue tinted glasses to say that we should be a bigger team with a bigger fan base than Falkirk. Town size alone we are 50% larger a and have likes of Irvine and kilwinning on our doorsteps who we should be able to get fans from. It is not blue tinted at all to say we should be selling way more tickets than a smaller team in the league below us

1 hour ago, Trojan76 said:

so you don't think that we would have survived in the championship had we been relegated? Talk sense, out with the top 4 teams (and that's only thanks to bigger teams from spl being there , the rest are garbage. It is not blue tinted glasses to say that we should be a bigger team with a bigger fan base than Falkirk. Town size alone we are 50% larger a and have likes of Irvine and kilwinning on our doorsteps who we should be able to get fans from. It is not blue tinted at all to say we should be selling way more tickets than a smaller team in the league below us

Falkirk 100,840 Brightons, Carron, Carronshore, Falkirk, Grangemouth, Larbert, Laurieston, Maddiston, Polmont, Redding, Reddingmuirhead, Rumford, Stenhousemuir, Wallacestone and Westquarter Falkirk
7 Coatbridge and Airdrie 90,330 Airdrie, Bargeddie, Chapelhall and Coatbridge North Lanarkshire
8 Hamilton 82,310 Blantyre, Bothwell, Hamilton and Uddingston South Lanarkshire
9 East Kilbride 74,740 East Kilbride South Lanarkshire
10 Dunfermline 71,820 Crossgates, Dunfermline, Inverkeithing and Rosyth Fife
11 Greenock 69,450 Gourock, Greenock and Port Glasgow Inverclyde
12 Ayr 61,940 Ayr and Prestwick South Ayrshire
13 Livingston 60,030 Livingston and Mid Calder West Lothian
14 Cumbernauld 51,610 Cumbernauld North Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire
15 Kilmarnock 51,150 Kilmarnock, Hurlford, Crookedholm and Galston East Ayrshire

17 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

Poor example as East Ayrshire population is 122,200, even so Kilmarnock's pool is essentially Ayrshire. 360,000 odd. Ayr would take a section of course.

Thought Kilmaurs, Stewarton, Dunlop counted as Kilmarnock area aswell.

Edited by PrestersKtid

17 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

Kilmarnock pull their support from a much bigger catchment area than that though.

Plenty of fans who have season tickets and live in Irvine, Kilwinning, Troon, Saltcoats etc

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Kilmarnock pull their support from a much bigger catchment area than that though.

Plenty of fans who have season tickets and live in Irvine, Kilwinning, Troon, Saltcoats etc

Well said. Going by this mapping Falkirk covers near enough whole of Central Scotland while Killie only a couple small Villages. Surely Auchenleck, Cumnock etc should also be taking in to account if using these types of numbers