Curious and Slightly Concerned

Mister Y

4 hours ago, Bullitt said:

We've signed two former Scotland international players who have champions league experience, experience of Scottish and English football and who played in a UEFA cup final... and we're moaning!?

Doesn't stop the fans moaning about Boydy!

Burke has been linked with the club a few times, did we not nearly sign him last summer? With Broadfoot and Burke we have two very experienced playes, and if/when fit, two very good Scottish players. They will also be good for the younger players with their knowledge of playing the game and will help develop them. I couldn't care who someone has played with before as long as they do a job for us.

1 hour ago, azertyuiop said:

Doesn't stop the fans moaning about Boydy!

Think there's a difference. We've watched Boydy week after week and are wondering if he's truly done(I include myself in that feeling). However Broadfoot and Burke(who I don't believe is signed yet) are just here and are getting it already because they were at Rangers. 

I think Lee has made good signings so far and agree from what I saw yesterday (although admittedly through all the effin seagulls) that Broadfoot looked okay and as has been said was encouraging the other players I have a better feeling approaching this season compared to the last few and if you are moaning about who McCulloch has signed or is giving trials to after one friendly game then don't come along at the beginning just stay in and watch Jeff and the boys on soccer Saturday till you realise maybe he does now what he is doing!

2 seasons ago locke signed a bunch of Hearts rejects, may have had experience of the level but were crap.

Lee clark went opposite end of spectrum and signed a bunch of youngsters with next to no first team experience. 

out of those 2 seasons there have been exceptions, coulibaly, dicker, hendrie have been good.

Mcculloch has addressed some problem areas for us with a mixture of youth and experience. 

definitely need a striker though.

On 7/9/2017 at 10:32 AM, C4mmy31 said:

Some people on here are never happy no matter who we sign and it's not based on footballing ability. 

IMHO, I believe they post because they have a grievance based on the great West Coast divide and the particular side of the fence they sit on..... 

Look at this thread for example started by a guy who's only argument is based on the fact 3 players, the ones he named, started yesterday who have a triangled connection to our manager through a team he despises, he offered absolutely no reason why they shouldn't play for us other than 2 of them played for Rangers years ago and the 3rd he named is hilarious because his dad is an ex ranger of some 25yrs ago ffs......

No doubt I will be shot down in flames by some, but thats the feeling I get.

Consider yourself incinerated by my flamethrower.

Your post is ridiculous and has no foundation. Perhaps the saddest thing of all is that someone thought your post merited a greenie!

Re-read my post without your twisted specs and you will see clearly that my point is totally to do with the signing policy and nothing to do with Rangers,

1 minute ago, Mister Y said:

Consider yourself incinerated by my flamethrower.

Your post is ridiculous and has no foundation. Perhaps the saddest thing of all is that someone thought your post merited a greenie!

Re-read my post without your twisted specs and you will see clearly that my point is totally to do with the signing policy and nothing to do with Rangers,

Perhaps you can explain why you failed to mention O'Donnell, Higgins or Waters?

On 08/07/2017 at 11:53 PM, Mister Y said:

Broadfoot...Burke...Spencer....

Locke got pelters for this kind of signing policy, so what's different here?

Are we so desperate for a new wave of good feeling about the club that we are now prepared to accept this?

2 of these 3 are proven performers at a higher level than Killie operate. They might/have sign(ed) because we can afford them on our very limited budget and bring much needed experience to a team largely made up of under 23s. The third is a trialist who nobody I can remember has raved about, and hasn't kicked a ball in anger yet so no one has accepted the as yet non-signing as a positive.

Until competitive fixtures are played who knows for sure how good or otherwise the recruitment has been. On the face of it though, it's an improvement on rentasquad Clark, who scattergunned his way to survival, and clueless Locke. Who it should be said didn't sign players of the calibre of Broadfoot & Burke (assuming he does put pen to paper).

Is that a fair reply to your opening post?

I am quite positive about LM signings but at same time are we better than best team from last year. Is Odonnell better than hendrie is broadfoot better than Ayer and no question woodman level above Mcdonald.  Burke will hopefully give us more creativity but as we all agree the biggest issue for LM will be who we have as no. 9. Also was really hoping dicker would be back CM with power could be a good partnership.

28 minutes ago, Stokekillie said:

I am quite positive about LM signings but at same time are we better than best team from last year. Is Odonnell better than hendrie is broadfoot better than Ayer and no question woodman level above Mcdonald.  Burke will hopefully give us more creativity but as we all agree the biggest issue for LM will be who we have as no. 9. Also was really hoping dicker would be back CM with power could be a good partnership.

Good point .

LM explained though at KFCSA meeting he wanted more players who were permanently signed.

Unfortunately for Killie we can't afford the like of Ajer permanently and neither can we hang around waiting on clubs deciding whether or not they are letting players go out on loan.

Happy with his signings so far.

If we could get Ajer and Woodman back it would be great but our priority is at the opposite end of the pitch.

We need a striker badly.

25 minutes ago, Stokekillie said:

It looks like GMS is on his way to Aberdeen probably to be completed tomorrow,

I wonder if LM will make a move for Miles Storey once they sign him, not to mention Nicky Maynard they signed last week ? 

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It looks like GMS is on his way to Aberdeen probably to be completed tomorrow,

I wonder if LM will make a move for Miles Storey once they sign him, not to mention Nicky Maynard they signed last week ? 

I'm starting to worry we've put all our eggs in one basket with Storey. He's had by all accounts a very good preseason so far for Aberdeen. Even if they let him go whether that be permanent it's not guaranteed he'd come to us. There are a number of clubs interested in him. Killie, Partick, Motherwell and Dundee United have all been quoted as interested at some point in the last six months or so and are all on the look out for a striker at the moment. There's a good chance he could be offered to Well as part of any Moult deal and the others are potentially in a position to offer a larger percentage of his Dons wage.

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

I'm starting to worry we've put all our eggs in one basket with Storey. He's had by all accounts a very good preseason so far for Aberdeen. Even if they let him go whether that be permanent it's not guaranteed he'd come to us. There are a number of clubs interested in him. Killie, Partick, Motherwell and Dundee United have all been quoted as interested at some point in the last six months or so and are all on the look out for a striker at the moment. There's a good chance he could be offered to Well as part of any Moult deal and the others are potentially in a position to offer a larger percentage of his Dons wage.

That's a fair comment, I just wondered if LM would try at least now they will probably be prepared to let him go, I would imagine signing GMS would end Aberdeen's interest in Moult now thou.

5 hours ago, Stokekillie said:

While fans can have a positive or negative view based on players' previous careers the jury is out on all the signings until they prove themselves in competitive matches for Killie. We have had plenty of bigger name flops while unheralded signings like Montgomerie, Reilly and Holt turned out to be magnificent servants to the club. 

however, one of the key differences from this stage last season is that at least these guys are coming with the experience of first team football behind them and are not mostly development squad youngsters. 

McCulloch said that he hoped to bring in ten new players - is he at 6 so far?

4 hours ago, historyman said:

While fans can have a positive or negative view based on players' previous careers the jury is out on all the signings until they prove themselves in competitive matches for Killie. We have had plenty of bigger name flops while unheralded signings like Montgomerie, Reilly and Holt turned out to be magnificent servants to the club. 

however, one of the key differences from this stage last season is that at least these guys are coming with the experience of first team football behind them and are not mostly development squad youngsters. 

McCulloch said that he hoped to bring in ten new players - is he at 6 so far?

Agree with you here 

they all have to prove themselves in the coming season. I think the good point made here is that last season we were getting players with little to none first team experience. 

I hope the plan for the remaining signings include 2 strikers. 

12 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

At Agm we had signed 2 (power and Higgins) and had deals in place for another 5 so that puts us at 7. Assuming the 2 still to be announced are the bolton boy and burke?

Murder trying to remeber how to spell that Bolton boys name innit xD without checking I'll go for Samizedah 

i know it was mentioned on here he was signing but confusion if it was a permanent or loan move but nothing official from the club. I'm guessing it has something to do with FIFA clearance.