Dom Thomas

C4mmy31

6 hours ago, Mogwai said:

A bit of competition with JJ, Burke, Graham and this lad all fighting for the place in the team sounds ideal. 

This would make sense as LM said at the AGM two weeks ago ideally he wants a squad of 22 players so he has a back up for every position in the team.

17 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

He's not a good player at this level, would be a very poor signing. 

Piffer made a very good point, he'd be another Chris Johnston, in fact I would rather have Chris Johnston. 

How do you know this?. Have you seen him play regularly ? 

Motherwell fans now arguing amongst each other on P&B about not giving their "talented youth", like Dom Thomas, a chance .....

"Towards the end of the season Kilmarnock were playing Greg Taylor, Iain Wilson, Greg Kiltie, Adam Frizzell and Dean Hawkshaw. 
We were playing Allan Campbell but only because McHugh was filling in at the back.
When we line up on the first day of the season the only recent youth product likely to start is a guy that made his debut in 2013-14.
As for Dom Thomas, he got approaching twice as many minutes on the field in a half season loan at QoS than he got at Motherwell spread out over four seasons, while absolute dross, you all know the names, come in season after season for another scraping around the bottom season of anti football.
Craig Clay got 31 league starts and 4 subs for us last season.  Dom Thomas got 4 sub appearances. 
When is it going to click why we are absolute garbage and zero entertainment value"........

"Dom Thomas has been really unfairly treated at Motherwell IMO. Despite his long list of accomplishments-doing a stepover against St Johnstone that one time in 2015 - he's had to sit on the bench and watch the procession of English lower league dross that is Marvin Johnson, Lionel Ainsworth and Elliot Frear start ahead of him"

Edited by C4mmy31
Grammar

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

"Dom Thomas has been really unfairly treated at Motherwell IMO. Despite his long list of accomplishments-doing a stepover against St Johnstone that one time in 2015 - he's had to sit on the bench and watch the procession of English lower league dross that is Marvin Johnson, Lionel Ainsworth and Elliot Frear start ahead of him"

This one has to be tongue in cheek. Two of the three players mentioned were very good player for Well and they were disappointed that they left. Have to confess I don't know too much about Frear.

Well fans don't seem too gutted about him leaving. Has there been anything more about interest all I can find is Championship interest on loan

10 minutes ago, piffer said:

This one has to be tongue in cheek. Two of the three players mentioned were very good player for Well and they were disappointed that they left. Have to confess I don't know too much about Frear.

Well fans don't seem too gutted about him leaving. Has there been anything more about interest all I can find is Championship interest on loan

Maybe this is why they are arguing lol, a lot well fans on P&B did give Johnston & Ainsworth pelters for being so inconsistant when they were there tbf....

I know a lot of Motherwell fans and they all think Thomas is a sand dancer who offers nothing. He looked good when he came in then got found out.

Similar to when we were linked with Telfer, I hope we avoid him as he would bring nothing. I'd rather we played our own young players like Will Graham than take someone else's who isn't as good. 

FWIW I really don't think this rumour is even remotely true. 

Motherwell youngster Dom Thomas could be on his way out of Fir Park. The 21-year-old looks set to put pen to paper on a deal for Kilmarnock.

One from our colleagues in Wishaw. Motherwell youngster Dom Thomas could be set to quit Fir Park in favour of Kilmarnock.

The 21-year-old winger spent last season on loan at Queen of the South and impressed under Gary Naysmith.

But could the Scotland Under 21 cap be about to move on to Lee McCulloch’s Killie?

On 10/07/2017 at 11:27 AM, Killieboykfc said:

I know a lot of Motherwell fans and they all think Thomas is a sand dancer who offers nothing. He looked good when he came in then got found out.

Similar to when we were linked with Telfer, I hope we avoid him as he would bring nothing. I'd rather we played our own young players like Will Graham than take someone else's who isn't as good. 

FWIW I really don't think this rumour is even remotely true. 

At least you've given him a chance if it is 

Edited by Killie lad

His stats with QoS aren't bad - 3 goals and 3 assists in 14 (3) matches.

Maybe that means that he's a Championship level player, or that he just needed a consistent run of games.

He's an U21 international too which is more than Chris Johnston, if he is the benchmark, managed.

The wee man has joined Dumbarton, by the way.   

It doesn't appear as if he has signed just yet.....

Motherwell forward Dom Thomas looks set to join Premiership rivals Kilmarnock, disappointing Falkirk, Dundee United and Queen of the South, who hoped to take the 21-year-old on loan. (Scotsman, print edition)

According to the Motherwell website they have cancelled the last year of Doms contract but "protected it's interests with a sizable sell on clause"

"Well boss Stephen Robinson said: “I wanted to have a look at Dom over the first few weeks of pre-season, but he expressed a desire to move on from the club"

“This deal allows the lad to try and advance his career but also protects Motherwell FC’s interests in the longer term, so it suits all parties.”

Edited by C4mmy31
Added quote