Them v Killie fred 14/07/14

CB

Macdonald  Jones and Thomas got pass marks, the rest were really poor, 

although I can't imagine any of them would enjoy playing "agricultural" football on such a perfect looking pitch.

We desperately need a striker, who can link up with the midfield, as the big welly up the park didn't work

Power was shambolic also, was so hyped up aswell by many who hadn't even seen him play. Only plus was Thomas. A motherwell f**king reject, that's what level we are at unfortunately. Me, like many, will have to go to work on monday in the south of ayrshire and take slagging off absolutely everything and I know very fine well they players do not give a f**k. No heart. No passion. No desire. Complete and utter embarrassment. We looked like the relegated team. I'm sorry, but we'd have been aswell playing out f**king development squad, atleast they would give their all. Boyd deserves no credit whatsoever, he should do the right thing and tell lee himself he is finished. He's been pish for years now. f**k.

2 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

Wow. How s**t were we? Here's my view.

Broadfoot looked decent.

Waters at the back did ok.

O'Donnell looked pretty good also.

Power was invisible. Brought nothing to the game.

Likewise for Wilson.

Jones and Thomas were both bright spots in a dreary, clueless team, but both need to work on their final ball....that said, Ronaldo and Neymar would struggle to find the precise ball that Boyd's needs.

McKenzie needs to decide what he is.

Boyd was immobile. As much as I love him as a player, he's now a 2nd half sub when the 1st team striker is misfiring.

Wee Frizzell looked like he had gone backwards from the last game of last season where he was immense, battering through tackles and spraying passes. He needs to get back to that.

Christ, I hope Jamie Mac stays.

If Lee thinks Samizadeh will be the answer to our goal drought, he's had a ride awakening. The lad has promise, but he was anonymous tonight. 

To be fair, he wasn't the only one.

The Killie fans at the club had better let the rest of them know how much this lost opportunity hurts. It's embarrassing and they'll need to seriously make up for tonight.

O Donnell was decent?

Seriously? 

Samizadeh was anonymous?

He was hardly on for any length of time.

Thank God I only watched that on T.V.

Absolutely dreadful to be outfought and outplayed by them.

Can't blame budgets as they had better players than us on a smaller budget ...... NO excuses!

We NEVER looked like scoring and are relegation certainties without a creative midfielder and two goal scoring forwards.

Apart from our (apparently) soon to be departing keeper no-one was better than abysmal.

Wouldn't want to single anyone out individually for stick but for our fat embarrassment of a legend I'll make an exception.

Have some pride Kris do the club and yourself a favour and retire now!!!!

Boyd is unfortunately not able to play the sort of game he is being asked to.

Jones and Thomas look as though they could be really good with match fitness behind them.

Watching the goal on telly I couldn't help but think Boyd could have been quicker off the front post to deal with the player and challenge him rather than standing staring at his run and then complaining when it went in.

I like Wilson but I think he is better as a ball winning defensive midfielder 

I think this side might benefit better from a 4-2-3-1 with dicker and Wilson sitting and having Jones, Thomas and Frizzle behind Cameron.

Edited by Dabunias
I'm sure Frizzel has friends but wrong word used

17 minutes ago, skygod said:

Nail on head! Why the hell is our smallest player (the smallest in the league?) marking someone six yards out in the middle of the goal?

Where were Broadfoot, Boyd x 2, O'Donnell et al? The keeper and the captain have to organise the defence.

This should be done by the management team in preparation for the match. Frizzell vs their centre half? Beyond belief. 

Just now, historyman said:

This should be done by the management team in preparation for the match. Frizzell vs their centre half? Beyond belief. 

McCulloch confirmed that players did have designated opponents to mark. One just didn't do it.

It's the keeper and the captain's jobs to organise it on the pitch, I think.

Otherwise, what's the point of having a captain if he only does the coin toss?

19 minutes ago, skygod said:

McCulloch - "Miles off it at the start of the game.

Silly goal from a set play.

Second half much better, didn't deserve to win, maybe worth a draw. xD

Player who was supposed to be marking Gegan didn't.

Wake-up call, reality check, blah blah blah...."

That's pretty much identical to his interview from the Motherwell / Ross County / Dundee games at the end of last season. 

Youre the manager - if we are constantly miles off it from the start then what the hell are you going to do about it?

A huge missed opportunity - we won't sell a single extra season ticket on the back of that pathetic performance. 

9 minutes ago, historyman said:

according to McCulloch the players are told who they are marking pre match. so this begs two questions

1. is this a good idea, trying to find who your meant to be marking in a ruckus when common sense would be to get tall players to use their initiative  to Mark tall players.

2. WHO PUT ADAM FRIZELL PRE MATCH ON THEIR BEST HEADER AND TALLEST CENTRE HALF? 

Too many changes in the line up, these guy never understood what this game meant to the fans. Three changes to your back four (and Boyd hadn't been playing regularly). Unconventional midfield which I assume was meant to be "fluid" with tactics of pass it to Jones (who was double teamed) or, if you get two touches or a one touch pass from a team mate you must kick it as hard as you can in a randomly forward direction, and a static "front line" means no one deserves credit. Just because you heard four thousand hearts break at half time and thought it was time to try against a team two divisions below you gives you no excuse. Pass marks only to Macdonald and Thomas. Nearly for Jones but too much taking a touch extra to try and draw a foul when a pass could've been made. Only my opinion but trying to be analytical and not reactionary 

34 minutes ago, Piersquared said:

Frizzell should have done better at the goal, it was dreadful defending but why the hell was he marking one of their main goal threats at a set-piece???

The fact is it doesn't matter what height he is. He could be 7 feet tall but if he can't man mark and track back he is useless.

Our first half tactics were to lump the ball to Boyd and the second half get it to Jones and hope he equalises. 

McDonald saved us from a 3-0 humping.

we had a ten minute spell at the start of the second half, we actually played some fitba but otherwise we deserved f**k all.

let's pray McCulloch sorts it out.

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

McCulloch confirmed that players did have designated opponents to mark. One just didn't do it.

It's the keeper and the captain's jobs to organise it on the pitch, I think.

Otherwise, what's the point of having a captain if he only does the coin toss?

Well, if McCulloch and Leven thought that Frizzell was the most suitable person to mark Geggan then they are both blind as well as stupid. God help us indeed. Who will he mark against Celtic - Boyata?

At corners Frizzell should be up on the half way line as our " out ball " , Keeps two opposition  defenders out of our box to mark him. He made a huge mistake in letting Geggan get goal side and not even putting in a challenge but what was he supposed to do , huge miss match in height.  Who delegated Frizzell to mark Geggan at corners ? Unreal ?

4 minutes ago, historyman said:

Will match fitness help them put in a decent ball? Their crosses into the box were crap all night and they won't find defenders in our league as easy to go past. 

I think, in time with more mobile striker, their final ball will improve. It's hard when you look up and see no movement in front of you. Knowing if you play a ball in behind that Boyd is getting nowhere near it. Their only option is to take it on themselves and wait for midfield support, by which time defenders are set and it's easier to get bodies in front of it.

I still think they were all particularly poor apart from MacDonald.