Them v Killie fred 14/07/14

CB

He wasn't Frizzells man to mark. He came away from his man to move towards Geggan when he saw what was happening. Someone else was at fault but we'll not find out who as McCulloch didn't name and shame them (which was the right move from our manager). 

Anyone else think Declan Mcdade would walk into our team?

Just now, bizza_89 said:

He wasn't Frizzells man to mark. He came away from his man to move towards Geggan when he saw what was happening. Someone else was at fault but we'll not find out who as McCulloch didn't name and shame them (which was the right move from our manager). 

Anyone else think Declan Mcdade would walk into our team?

Probably because he was one of his new signings!

Once again the hopes and aspirations for a good season fall at the first hurdle. I am totally sick of important games where the fans turn up in numbers, provide a great atmosphere and the players give nothing back. 

Boydy, time to hang up the boots my friend before you struggle to get a shirt and shorts to fit you.

Utter dross no one gets pass marks. 

MacDonald was rooted to his line and distribution was rotten 

Back four a shambles.

midfield non existent 

jones wanted to go by too many

Boyd didn't win enough but isolated was not the culprit he is being made out to be 

Here's what I thought

McDonald - MOTM. If it wasn't for him the score would've been much worse,

Back 4- Not got too many complaints but would've played Taylor

Power & Wilson - pretty poor. Power was anonymous before getting subbed off. Wilson's had better games but he can't do the work of 2 men on his own

McKenzie - Not too sure about Rory. IMO he should be a squad player at best. 

Frizzel - Not his best night. I wouldn't blame him for the goal and don't think he done too much

Jones - One of our better players, instead of the long ball to Boyd we should've been aiming for JJ as our outball as every time he ran at the Ayr defence it was clear that he had them worried.

Boyd - What can I say that hasn't already been said? Just retire Kris. When you consider what he was like in his heyday and what he's like now, it's just embarrassing. Clearly hasn't been working hard enough over pre-season. Don't think he touched the ball second half.

Thomas - looks like being a decent signing, probably the best of the new guys but a bit of a worry when our best summer addition is a Motherwell reject

Samizadeh didn't have enough time to do anything

Yet again so far this "window" the issues with our midfield in a creative sense has not been addressed...... Was crying out tonight for a leader , a player who could command the ball and link up play.....

Otherwise we looked like a team unsure of how to play , no team pattern and with too many players looking lost or unfit.....past few weeks of pre season  based on tonight has not been effective 

boyd best finisher we have.

We have no other strikers

midfield we don't have a midfield. We have no creativity, and with boyd upfront we either pair him with another striker or we create chances for boyd who isn't very mobile.

defence apart from nt playing taylor then I don't see too much up with the defence.

Jig will sort it out but with his focus on cammy bell ? I'd be spending money on a midfielder who wants to win games of pro football

I'm in total shock that in 2017 our manager thinks this is the way forward, I mean what's going on with the route 1 fitba and the failure to put pressure on a team just relegated to 2 divisions below us. That is not acceptable tonight I didn't agree with Mculloch getting the job based on his style of play and he is certainly not changing my thoughts after that. Well done to all the fans who travelled by the way.. If only we had a team worthy of that support 

I'm going to put 80% of the blame on Boyd. He is clearly unfit and nowhere near the player he was. I don't think I seen him touch the ball with his feet once? He only put effort into half the headers he attempted and often the midfielders looked for a pass to him but he was more interested in drifting the other way hoping for a cross. Does he have an appearance clause in his contract? He was finished last season so what is he this season?

Thanks for previous service but you've no place anywhere near the first team

Very poor tonight. I know it's only the start of pre season but it was against our biggest rivals and if you can't get yourself motivated for that you shouldn't be wearing the stripes. You could have picked anyone from the support that would have gave more effort than half the team out there tonight. Early days for big Lee but his team let us supporters down big time tonight, all we ask for is a team we can be proud of and that show some commitment. Nothing tonight. Now I have to face these pr1cks at work tonight

Jones the only one to get pass marks for me. They resorted to kicking him at every opportunity. Couple of decent saves from Jamie Mac but his distribution is poor. Where's the goals coming from? Not Boydie or Rory. Do we have anyone that can take a free kick?