Clyde Match Day Fred

piffer

6 minutes ago, Trumpetree said:

Has he posted since half-time?

Those guys in the white coats were quick to act

Couldn't take my eyes off the game. I'm going to try this positivity thing from now on. (Also, didn't want to jinx us).

4-1-4-1 with Frizzell running the show. 

To be fair, though, nice we started playing to our strengths we destroyed them.

Burke, Thomas, McKenzie, Jones and Frizzell all creating. Even Taylor got into the box 2 or 3 times. Jones deserved a goal and he had the left back on toast. 

Shame about Power. Maybe just needs games to get up to speed, but he's got to be down the pecking order.

Anyway, that was a great recovery. Shows good character, and I'm delighted for Frizzell. A great home debut for Thomas, too!

Buuuuut....let's not get carried away now. They are several divisions below us.

Lee please take note we need a striker 

Result is what counts here 

had we not lost to Ayr on Friday and it had been Dumbarton for example, we would have been raging, disappointed etc but this result would have calmed a lot of nerves.

we scored 4 goals tonight and 2 from a new signing. 

Lets be happy and look forward to the next game 

still Lee get a striker sorted 

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81

9 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Lee please take note we need a striker 

Result is what counts here 

had we not lost to Ayr on Friday and it had been Dumbarton for example, we would have been raging, disappointed etc but this result would have calmed a lot of nerves.

we scored 4 goals tonight and 2 from a new signing. 

Lets be happy and look forward to the next game 

still Lee get a striker sorted 

Let's see what Saturday brings at Annan. Tight wee park, another team with a new manager and a certain Ryan Stevenson in their ranks !

First half was another joke. McKenzie scored a decent goal but that was about it. Defending was poor inside 25yards of gaol and cost us. Jones and Thomas were decent but there was no end product. Boyd was anonymous. Power a passenger. Frizzell was holding things together IMO. Complete lack of attacking movement and no passes on.

Second half a different story. We started passing the ball. Frizzell dropped back and won every battle. He was always available for the easy pass. McKenzie Burke and even Boyd started dragging defenders. The two wide players found an end product and we were able to put Clyde to the sword. Boyd played close to their box and was involved Ina few intricate moves we were unlucky not to score from.

All the goals were well worked and finished. 

Frizzell was the standout for me. McKenzie, Jones and Thomas played very well. Taylor did well second half but was shaky in the first.

Wilson was ok at RB but looked out of position. I feel we should do what Celtic did with Ajer. Pick his position and send him out on loan. Get him six months or a season playing every week to learn his role properly and get his confidence up. 

Thought it was a good learning game for Higgins. Although Clyde are in the bottom league Goodwillie still has a bit of savvy about him and it was a good contest between the two. 

Midield still looked very makeshift. Dicker is a big miss but we still need more in there. More striking options and a playmaker.

Final point I was disappointed we did go for more when they went to ten men. The red looked harsh from the East Stand. Perhaps payed the price for his teammates having kicks at Thomas, Rory, Jones and Taylor every chance they got. 

Started ok but another cock up from broadfoot gifted their goal. Goodwillie had Higgins number early on aswell.

Free kick was harsh I felt  but defending was shocking.

second half different game, frizzell ran the show, always looking for the ball and rarely wasting it. Burke coming on helped as he was more mobile than power. Thomas not as quick as jones but has a final product 2 very well taken goals. Looks a player

mckenzie much better today, took his goals well. Sometimes get left in midfield which leaves us short at back.

taylor is a class act, looks so high in confidence.

wilson better at rb, better composure, still a few mistakes but improved on Friday.

If jones had a final product he'd be nowhere near us, never seen pace like that. Unlucky to strike bar, that'd been a worldie.

Good show 2nd half. Boyd nowhere to be seen. Pointless him being there. Give Samizadeh or Will Graham a chance. Midfield is looking strong this season. Between Jones Frizzell McKenzie Burke and Thomas we have plenty of skill and power going forward. Once Kilties back in the mix it'll be even better. Power needs to lose weight and didnt impress. Defence was so-so, some bad mistakes but played better 2nd half. Again once Dicker and S. Boyd are back in the team it will be tricky to pick 2 centre backs. Wasnt sure about Taylor playing in front of the back four. Prefer him at LB personally. Style of play has improved with more direct attacking and runs down the wing. LM must realise the long ball tactic is dead in the water. Plenty of positives to take from that but still room for improvement.

Reading through this was tough, defending was horrible through out but even in the first half there were signs of the nice passing game there, it just wasn't clicking.

Boyd seemed more like a coach on the park than a player first half screaming and ordering the boys about, second half I didn't notice it as much, if only he jumped he could of scored a few himself.

Power was missing and Burke did have an impact when coming on although I didn't like him trying to tell Jones what to do every time he was looking to pass to him, when Jones was playing out his skin...leave him alone.

Frizzel was outstanding and looked the playmaker we missed on Friday, always available, beating players, making passes and getting efforts on goal.

Mackenzie gets a really hard time on here, sometime I can see why, most of the time though for me he does alot that goes unnoticed. The amount of runs he makes in a game must be more than any other player on the park, he shows for every throw in and is almost always involved with link up play around the box. Does alot of chasing back and pressing, not always successfully though. Deserved his goals tonight and should of got his hat trick and what would of been cracker when Boyd layed it off to him with a 1-2.

Thomas looks a great signing, a bit greedy at times but he gets by his man most times so we will let him off....and he shoots alot....finally a killie player that shoots on sight (coulibaly the exception)

Taylors link up and forward play with Jones frizzel Mackenzie was really good. They all look like pals passing it about when they get going. Looked very comfortable tonight, played very well.

Wilson for me doesn't fit in to our team, apart from being a lump of a boy, he loses his man when defending alot, has a terrible first touch, miss places alot of passes and just feel we must have someone better than him. He tries hard and I want him to do well....but I think we need someone else instead of him.

Reserve comment on centre backs after a few games but poor tonight.

10 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Still look a work in progress and missing quality in vital areas.. but least some better football seen

Very worried ATM about central defence and centre forward positions..

We do badly need a quality commanding CB, Higgins was easily skinned tonight and I'm far from convinced him or Broadfoot will get any better in time.

was hoping to see Wee Sammy tonight get a decent run but looks like Boyd is still first choice being Captain etc no matter how out of shape or ineffective he is.

Huge relief to see positive signs of improvement second half, Fritz reminds me so much of Ally Mitchell which is great and once we get JJ scoring goals and setting them up he will be a star for us.

We are obviously capable of scoring quality goals If we pay fitba and not boot it up the park, the manager still has big decisions to make up front.

Seriously considering the journey to Annan now.

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Imo, Burke ran the show 2nd half, we might have found ourselves the creative midfielder we were screaming out for 

Agreed, I thought he organised, found space, stretched the opposition and looked to open things up when he got hold of the ball. A different proposition to what we've been used to. Hoping he can settle into the team and keep fit.

Agree with the comments on Burke.

Jones/Thomas either side and he could play centrally in an advanced 'no. 10' role.

Power dropped once Dickers fit, Left Back is Taylor's, CB's gave me the total fear again tonight.

Jones has the potential to be a right exciting player for us.

Edited by ross1987

51 minutes ago, Crocket said:

Burke did have an impact when coming on although I didn't like him trying to tell Jones what to do every time he was looking to pass to him, when Jones was playing out his skin...leave him alone.

Couldn't make the game tonight - but much as Jones is my favourite player in that team, he needs someone to shout at him. He's inches away from being so much better if he had some composure and better decision making. Some experienced heads will be good for him I think. 

1 hour ago, Crocket said:

Burke did have an impact when coming on although I didn't like him trying to tell Jones what to do every time he was looking to pass to him, when Jones was playing out his skin...leave him alone.

Can't agree with this part of your post, twice Burke pointed for JJ to run ahead inside and both times he split two defenders with the ball for Jones to run onto.... the 2nd one Jones cut along the byeline and almost scored at the keepers near post.

Burke has an old head and knows how to open up a defence by playing the ball in behind to save Jones having to beat his man.