Coulibaly

Cammy201

I think it would be a no brainier 

we are talking about a player we signed on a free 

only scored absolute belters 

and sold for just shy of £1M 

if they can get the FIFA stuff sorted Souli would sign in a heartbeat and we would have a cracking player back on the books 

with our striker issues it would be a nice way to sort the problem out 

I am going to remain optimistic until the window is shut that McCulloch has this one up his sleeve somehow 

giphy.gif

I think we need to let this go now.

He won't be signing until his contract comes to an end with the club he's signed with.

Absolutely no way FIFA would allow him to move as it would open the floodgates for any player to leave a club and then decide he can't be arsed.

Contracts wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on.

The Bosman springs to mind. I think courts would take seriously any accusation he made and they might rule in the player's favour. I can't see it being sorted out anytime soon tho. It shouldn't really matter when the windows shuts because if he does win his case, he'd be a free agent and able to sign outside the windows, no?

There does seem to be a genuine relationship between him and the club, and it would be great to have him back. 

I wonder if this is why there's very little talk of us signing a striker, perhaps McCollock (I prefer this name to 'J*g') knows more about the situation and is confident it'll be sorted sooner rather than later. 

Edited by fmcc
Add

The only way I can see a quick solution is either we can come up with some sort of payment to secure his release, which is 99% unlikely or its proved his human rights were violated and his contract is terminated by FIFA, though I'm sure Al Alhy would appeal that decision dragging the whole sorry mess along even further down the line.

Alas I fear it will be when he's out of contract before we see him back in a Killie team.

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

I think we need to let this go now.

He won't be signing until his contract comes to an end with the club he's signed with.

Absolutely no way FIFA would allow him to move as it would open the floodgates for any player to leave a club and then decide he can't be arsed.

Contracts wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on.

Totally agree. It really is wishful thinking. If we want him bacj then the Egyptian mob are going want their money back. No way would FIFA allow a player to walk out of one club 6 months after signing for near on £1m to return to his original club with no ramifications.

There is no way i can see Couli signing for us unless we pay for him, and that kind of money just isn't going to happen at Killie

3 hours ago, fmcc said:

The Bosman springs to mind. I think courts would take seriously any accusation he made and they might rule in the player's favour. I can't see it being sorted out anytime soon tho. It shouldn't really matter when the windows shuts because if he does win his case, he'd be a free agent and able to sign outside the windows, no?

He won't win the case against Al-Ahly, he has already tied himself in knots lying about what happened. They have had players who have gotten home-sick and have asked for moves away and the club granted them it. Couly just upped sticks and left without saying a word. No way will FIFA allow him to get away with it

1 hour ago, fmcc said:

How do you know he lied?

Was speaking to an Al-Ahly fan who told me he has changed his story of what happened a few times in regards to the story about his religion being stifled and him being told not to cross himself. Other players, past and present have come out and said they were never told that, so he backtracked on it. Other ex-players have also told their story about how they didn't like the move to Egypt and asked for a transfer out of the club, which they obliged. If Couly had went to someone at the club and told them he wanted out there is a good chance they would have explored it

10 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Granted I am hearing it from arguably a biased source. But the reporting in the UK is one sided also

Someone should phone up the BBC World Football phone in on 5live.

The South African guy that does it sometimes with Tim Vickery is always on about Al-Ahly.

Are one of the biggest teams in Africa, they're often mentioned.

Is a great podcast, but is live from 2-4am on a Saturday morning on radio 5, so not exactly primetime! 

Edited by RAG

12 minutes ago, RAG said:

Someone should phone up the BBC World Football phone in on 5live.

The South African guy that does it sometimes with Tim Vickery is always on about Al-Ahly.

Are one of the biggest teams in Africa, they're often mentioned.

Is a great podcast, but is live from 2-4am on a Saturday morning on radio 5, so not exactly primetime! 

Sounds good!

Al Ahly have lodged a complaint with FIFA and we can only hope they are investigating and make a ruling before long.

There seems to be no dispute that they impounded his passport - he has dual Italian/ Cote d'Ivoire nationality, I believe, and left using the other passport - which a court of law is unlikely to view favourably for the club.

Even if FIFA rules against him, they may decide that he has "time spent" most of the suspension due. The financial penalties would be another matter.

Edited by skygod

Interesting he's dual nationality SKdog.

Remember we're in Europe and now, post Bosman, contractual situation is totally different within Europe to before 1993 or whenever it was.

Who knows how it works in terms of disputes in Africa and who knows if Coulibaly may be the new Bosman or have some similar test case outcome from this dispute affecting African football.

Is interesting point, but more is publicised less chance we'll have of re-signing him I fear!

Is one of biggest clubs in Africa we are talking about here - we're not even top 5 in Scotland.

Edited by RAG

2 minutes ago, RAG said:

Interesting he's dual nationality SKdog.

Remember we're in Europe and pre Bosman, contractual situation is totally different even in Europe to before pre 1993.

Who knows how it works in terms of disputes in Africa and who knows if Coulibaly may be the new Bosman or have some similar test case outcome from this dispute affecting African football.

Is interesting point, but more is publicised less chance we'll have of re-signing him I fear!

Is one of biggest clubs in Africa we are talking about here - we're not even top 5 in Scotland.

Jean-Marc Bosman was a no mark footballer and they ruled in his favour, human rights law is a situation where size doesn't matter.

Bosman didn't get to move to the club he wanted to and basically didn't play professionally again after starting the case - Wikipedia says he had 2 games in the 5 years that the case took to play out.

So if this situation is anything I like that, Coully won't be back at Killie.

51 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Jean-Marc Bosman was a no mark footballer and they ruled in his favour, human rights law is a situation where size doesn't matter.

You're right there but if SC was a free agent (at some future stage) we'd be a minnow against some big fish IMO.

He apparently stays in Killie - no doubt in our favour.

35 minutes ago, CraigM said:

Bosman didn't get to move to the club he wanted to and basically didn't play professionally again after starting the case - Wikipedia says he had 2 games in the 5 years that the case took to play out.

So if this situation is anything I like that, Coully won't be back at Killie.

The Bosman situation was complicated by it being a football then Belgian lega,l then EU, court of arbitration for Sport issue.

Skydog may correct me, but the Bosman ruling was basically a correction on many previous judgments by lower courts - leading to whole new transfer system in line with EU employment law..

I dunno where the ultimate arbiters of this are - could be FIFA may settle it more quickly?

Is def. less complicated than Bosman.

Edited by RAG

A lot has changed since that case and if there is any truth in Soulis claims then FIFA will have to be seen to taking the matter seriously 

I don't know how both parties will go about providing solid enough evidence to support their case.

im guessing a lot of it will be down to personal statements from all involved. 

The issue Souli will face is it will be his and his families word against the might of Al Ahly and their legal team. I dare say they will call on current players and staff to support them aswell which could work against him. 

With that said there must be some elements of truth in his claims even if he has exaggerated. 

If Al Ahly believe their case is a strong one and they are victim to lies then they will fight it all the way and could be long and drawn out. 

If they are aware of goings on between them and Souli that could land them in bother with FIFA they may want to settle the matter quickly with as little involvement in legal wrangles as possible. 

Its all speculation at the end of the day and we can only stand by wait and see how it develops. 

I can't help having this feeling that there is something in him coming back to Kilmarnock and setting up home here. 

If the club believed it was going to be too much trouble I'd imagine they would have distanced themselves from the whole thing. 

I know they haven't officially made any statements in regards to Souli but I still want to believe there is details in both Soulis and Killies favour that we don't know about and may lead to his return. 

*disclaimer - my opinion is based on the good old Kilmarnock blind optimism I have developed in 30 years of supporting Killie