Coulibaly

Cammy201

He should offer to go back to them (without his family) and forget about the wages he missed out on. You'd imagine they couldn't afford to take him back without creating havoc so would be in a position that they'd have to tell him to stay away and accept what anyone else was willing to pay for him. Either that they'd take him back and on entering Egypt or he'd get kidnapped and dismembered. Either way I suppose it would get the situation resolved. :P

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Merk said:

He’s been training with Hurlford United.

Hardly a ringing endorsement. This is a guy who is going to have lost at least half a year out of his playing career. Even if and,  is a huge if, he was available come at  the summer, it would take a big step to resign him, and is likely that Steve Clark will already have his eyes on players for the striking position. Couly was good for us and he brought the club a good pay day, but I really think it is time that we move on from going on about him coming back. 

Edited by Trojan76

12 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

Hardly a ringing endorsement. This is a guy who is going to have lost at least half a year out of his playing career. Even if and,  is a huge if, he was available come at  the summer, it would take a big step to resign him, and is likely that Steve Clark will already have his eyes on players for the striking position. Couly was good for us and he brought the club a good pay day, but I really think it is time that we move on from going on about him coming back. 

I don't think anyone has really been going on about him, have they?  I pulled back a thread in November that was last posted on in August ;)

However if he gets clearance from FIFA to sign for another club and is willing to join us on a modest wage then I think we would be daft not to take him.  He's training with Hurlford to try keep himself fit.  It may not be a ringing endorsement but it does show willing. 

Edited by Merk

6 minutes ago, killieboy said:

I take it with him training at Hurlford he isn’t allowed to train with a professional club while he’s got an ongoing case? 

Correct, can't train with other pro clubs as his Egyptian club still own his registration. On another note, I hear that his club have made the final of the African champions league cup, that correct?

13 minutes ago, pmonty3 said:

He really wants to play for Killie. Fair play to him for doing whatever he's able to to keep himself fit. I actually think he's exactly what we are missing in the final third at the minute. Defo a strange story the way it's unfolded but I'd like to see him back with us. 

Yes, when he had match sharpness and fitness, this will now be long way off, it will be like coming back after a serious injury, and p,entry players who have lost this time fail to reach the heights they once scaled

12 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

He isn't allowed to train with a professional side just now though, hence why he's at Hurlford.

We're crying out for somebody like him. He won't be match fit but he'll be fit. He'll certainly be fitter than our current strikers!

Edited by Squirrelhumper

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

It's horrible that a guy with that talent is being kept from playing football professionally. Hopefully they come to some sort of resolution soon.

He's being kept from playing by breaking a contract his choice imagine he broke a leg first game and the Egyptians said we're no paying you!think he saw pound signs and jumped without doing any checks on living over there

12 minutes ago, andydippy said:

Apart from the erwin bit!!

Was just going to say that, the lad hasn’t impressed me much. He ran around in a daze on Tuesday when he came on, his control was poor and didn’t get near enough Boyd for any link up. A lot of work needing done on him, but he looks fit, has plenty strength, and if we can build on the other areas he may well become a decent player.

1 hour ago, Jasg said:

He's being kept from playing by breaking a contract his choice imagine he broke a leg first game and the Egyptians said we're no paying you!think he saw pound signs and jumped without doing any checks on living over there

I'm aware of the situation. That's why I said I hope they come to a resolution rather than I hope the Egyptians f**k off.

2 hours ago, Jasg said:

They would have still paid him if your scenario had happened. Just because the club is based in Egypt and you know nothing about them, doesn't make them tin-pot. They are one of the biggest teams in Africa, 75,000 seater stadium.