Annan Match Thread

C4mmy31

5 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

To be fair he's scored the only 2 goals today and by all accounts cold have been more. 

Maybe the boost he needs to kickstart his season 

Boydie could've easily had a multipack of Boost, or a hat-rick as its known in the football world..

81bzoxdDOUL._SX466_.jpg

g

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Lee Clarke thought Miles Addisson was a player, FFS my mum has had two hip ops and she was more mobile.

Frizz plays fitba, luv the fact lee McCulloch is going with youth, of course maybe no funds.

On another note Ibrahimovic looking for a club. :D

Big Miles did a job, OK against Aberdeen he did a jobbie instead, but he was good for us in his first season. Don't think the plastic pitch helped his injuries. Clark also brought Jones,Coulibaly,Ajer, and Woodman to the club.

In the 2nd half of the Clyde game, we made it look like a Prem League team overpowering a lower league team, which was pleasing.

From the stats, that's the way it appeared to be today. Is that the way it looked?

Boyd scoring 2 against Annan hardly counts - is there any sign of a new, younger striker on the horizon?

Good win in a game I thought we strolled through. A couple of scares but always felt we had a couple of gears to step up. Would have been good to see us score a few more and get the goal difference up(does that count for anything or is it head to head).

Boyd took both his goals very well after good build up play from Thomas. The goal Boyd had disallowed in the second half was a cracking finish as well. 

Thomas looked really good again. You have to take into consideration the opponents and the stage of the season we are at but he impressed again today

Questions about who will partner Broadfoot. I wonder if we are rotating in the hope we get Ajer back

Still have concerns about the midfield. Frizzell was excellent again today and my man of the match. Having two beside him out of position is fine vs League 2 opponents but don't think it will work against Premiership opponents.

Against an opposition who didn't pressure us and let us have the ball (ie not Ayr) I thought there was an absolutely glaring lack of creativity today. Our defence must have had about 80% possession between them stroking it back and forth*. A team with a wee bit of quality could've ran riot. Yep Boydie scored two but let's get some perspective and context to those goals: if anyone doesnae think he's finished they're watching a different player to me.

Cannot stress the urgency with which we need a creative midfielder and a striker. I'm hoping the wheels are in motion.

*not being literal here before some dingus with a sense of humour bypass gies me the stats

29 minutes ago, Hugh Cuthill said:

In the 2nd half of the Clyde game, we made it look like a Prem League team overpowering a lower league team, which was pleasing.

From the stats, that's the way it appeared to be today. Is that the way it looked?

Boyd scoring 2 against Annan hardly counts - is there any sign of a new, younger striker on the horizon?

Oh yes it does a win is a win 

13 minutes ago, piffer said:

Good win in a game I thought we strolled through. A couple of scares but always felt we had a couple of gears to step up. Would have been good to see us score a few more and get the goal difference up(does that count for anything or is it head to head).

Boyd took both his goals very well after good build up play from Thomas. The goal Boyd had disallowed in the second half was a cracking finish as well. 

Thomas looked really good again. You have to take into consideration the opponents and the stage of the season we are at but he impressed again today

Questions about who will partner Broadfoot. I wonder if we are rotating in the hope we get Ajer back

Still have concerns about the midfield. Frizzell was excellent again today and my man of the match. Having two beside him out of position is fine vs League 2 opponents but don't think it will work against Premiership opponents.

Several factors need to be taken into consideration today - weather, pitch surface, tight park and motivation due to horrendous conditions.

i thought some of the one touch passing was good and the midfield display in the first half was excellent. 

We seemed to drop down a gear  in the second half. It was good to actually hear the experienced players like Boyd, Broadfoot and Burke talking others through the game, especially with the conditions.

The main concern is at the back. Too many mistakes, especially set pieces. There is a serious issue with making tackles in the final third. Hopefully when Dicker returns he will slot in with Broadfoot.

Young Iranian lad is a frustration. Where do you play him? He's certainly not an out and out striker. Too many touches. Boyd was screaming at him several times to release the ball earlier.

1 hour ago, KillkieBoab said:

Must be UP the road, surely?

Thats one of my pet hates too, some people just have no concept of (or no interest in) north and south!

just like the people who jump on a plane for their holidays, get out a few hours later somewhere sunny and warm stay there for a fortnight but couldnt come close to pointing out where on the globe they have been. I just cant understand it, almost any time i go somewhere new i have a burning desire to look at a map.....we are all different though!

anyway, back to the football, sounds a better couple of performances certainly having watched partick, hibs and ross county on the televised games it loos like there is some strong competition this year. We could certainly do with a chris erskine in our midfield!