Jump to content
C4mmy31

Annan Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Ashamed to say we made it to Annan with 10 mins to spare but with nae jackets, nae umbrellas, nae cover and nae sign of the unbelievable monsoon easing up we didn't go to the game. First time I've ever done that - hope it's the last!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2017 at 8:44 PM, Tom061087 said:

Thats one of my pet hates too, some people just have no concept of (or no interest in) north and south!

just like the people who jump on a plane for their holidays, get out a few hours later somewhere sunny and warm stay there for a fortnight but couldnt come close to pointing out where on the globe they have been. I just cant understand it, almost any time i go somewhere new i have a burning desire to look at a map.....we are all different though!

anyway, back to the football, sounds a better couple of performances certainly having watched partick, hibs and ross county on the televised games it loos like there is some strong competition this year. We could certainly do with a chris erskine in our midfield!

 

We're not the only ones who ain't firing on all cylinders either....

McCann has ordered his players in tomorrow because they were terrible today against a team from the Highland league & Hamilton were supposedly turgid dug s***e against a poor QotS side. While St Johnstone stumbled to a 1-0 win in their friendly according to their fans on P&B.

Let's stop the knicker wetting for now at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont usually post on here but fed up reading the pish most of you talk!! If any 1 of the new signings had scored the 2 goals today they would be the next ronaldo!! So why noy give boyd the credit hes due, regardless of the opposition!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annan shop seemed to do a roaring trade in club umbrellas to Killie fans and a few trend setter were wearing bin bags from the pub to keep dry.

Boyd has been criticised and a lot of it is fair enough. Some of it is OTT. Today chances were laid on a plate for him. He converted two, forced the keeper into a couple of saves and had one disallowed. It was a lower league opposition but he put the chances away. 

I still believe we need a new striker and more options upfront. Today proved a bit of a point though. Give Boyd chances within 25yards and he's a threat. That's what we need to do to utilise him best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has their own opinion on Boyd. Personally I think that most on the forum expect far too much of him. It seems to be that he has to win every ball, run about like a mad man, making tackles, out jumping the opposition and scoring every time he is within 20 yards of goal. What was evident today is that within 10-15 yards of goal he still has the predator instinct. Of course he's not as agile. He's had problems with his weight since he was a juvenile. So why would this issue suddenly change? Get the ball in the box hard and fast and the law of averages says Boyd will poke it in. What else do we want? Today we fannied about too often on the wings instead of getting the ball in the 6 yard box.

Yes we need an athletic frontman, that's blatantly obvious. I would think LM is working on it. In the meantime give Boyd a break and treat him with the respect he deserves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Roxy118 said:

Dont usually post on here but fed up reading the pish most of you talk!! If any 1 of the new signings had scored the 2 goals today they would be the next ronaldo!! So why noy give boyd the credit hes due, regardless of the opposition!!

Hiya Kris, hiya pal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

Everyone has their own opinion on Boyd. Personally I think that most on the forum expect far too much of him. It seems to be that he has to win every ball, run about like a mad man, making tackles, out jumping the opposition and scoring every time he is within 20 yards of goal. What was evident today is that within 10-15 yards of goal he still has the predator instinct. Of course he's not as agile. He's had problems with his weight since he was a juvenile. So why would this issue suddenly change? Get the ball in the box hard and fast and the law of averages says Boyd will poke it in. What else do we want? Today we fannied about too often on the wings instead of getting the ball in the 6 yard box.

Yes we need an athletic frontman, that's blatantly obvious. I would think LM is working on it. In the meantime give Boyd a break and treat him with the respect he deserves.

Are you his agent ? The man is finished as a top flight player, today he found his level, end of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya tintin! What you saying? Fancy a pint?? Anyway, i stand by what im

saying! Ye canny even score 2 goals nowadays n its no even good enough for the fickle fans!! Jeezo! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some folk can't get the criticism of Boyd is not personal. It's based on a desire to see a more component striker and therefore improve the team. I don't think he's up to the level of performance required week in week out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Are you his agent ? The man is finished as a top flight player, today he found his level, end of.

Ending a sentence with this immediately marks the rest of sentence null and void for me. File it alongside the likes of "RANT OVER!"

It's very telling use of wording to try and set your opinion up as undebatable. 

3 minutes ago, Craigie11 said:

Boyd is finished at the level we need him at,it's not even up for debate. Thanks for the memories.

And just as I was typing the start of this post, this reply popped up.

It's definitely up for debate, actually.

I agree with what appears to be the majority view here that we absolutely require at least one more striker, someone preferably mobile, but Kris has always scored goals. If LM thinks that can continue, then he's got my trust for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Are you his agent ? The man is finished as a top flight player, today he found his level, end of.

I wish I was with the money Boyd has made over the years.

Sadly I'm a simple kilmarnock supporter with a common sense approach to what is expected of our more senior players. 

Good night and hopefully in the morning our club have signed a "top flight striker" to replace our current one who isn't fit for purpose. 

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Are you his agent ? The man is finished as a top flight player, today he found his level, end of.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all boils down to the auld saying, you can only piss with!the cock you've got!! Unfortunetly we havent got the money to replace it every year, so we will haveto make do with the tried n tested 1 we have! Give it some service, and it will produce some results!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Roxy118 said:

It all boils down to the auld saying, you can only piss with!the cock you've got!! Unfortunetly we havent got the money to replace it every year, so we will haveto make do with the tried n tested 1 we have! Give it some service, and it will produce some results!!!

He's scored two goals against Annan, chill out brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broadfoot & O'donnell partenership looks a little vulnerable to me. Early days yet of course however, just feel that they could be exploited for pace and even playing out made some poor decisions i felt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only but also, fair play to Annan Athletic for the way they (yet again) treated the Killie support so well.
More than welcome in the fitba club, stadium announcer asking the home fans to 'shuffle along' a couple of seats to accommodate more Killie Fans in the main stand when it was raining stair-rods and their willingness and tolerance to put us in the 'Home End', under cover.
Not trying to kid anyone, I worked in Annan for thirty plus years so am 'naturalised' and spent most of the day in the company of Annan supporters.
Just want to give Annan a wee tip of the hat that the 'matchday experience' was so different and nobody trying to be a jobsworth.

Btw ... for the rumour mill ... saw Monty having a good craic with Cammy Bell at half-time ... so that'll be Cammy signed then.
I jest but it was nice to see :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

He's scored two goals against Annan, chill out brother

Im perfectly chilled, brother! if you read my comments you will see that! Cheers darling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roxy118 said:

Hiya tintin! What you saying? Fancy a pint?? Anyway, i stand by what im

saying! Ye canny even score 2 goals nowadays n its no even good enough for the fickle fans!! Jeezo! 

Its not being fickle. Its making an assessment of a players condition and recent performances and coming to an educated decision that he is below premier league standard in his current form. He is overweight and static on the pitch. There are plenty of other strikers much older than him that could outrun and outperform him. He needs to put the pies down, lose two stone and have respect for the jersey. His weight is a total affront for a player on his wages. Two tap ins against annan anthletic doesnt change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×