Tories 0 - Unite 1

gdevoy

I see the Supreme Court has ruled it is illegal to charge a fee to bring a case for unfair dismissal. Apparently the Tories tried to bring this in by the back door without parliamentary scrutiny.

Still, only a minor setback in their quest to fully disempower the underprivileged many of whom vote for them. Makes no sense to me.   

Iirc the Supreme Court consists of justices appointed on the recommendation of the PM. They can be removed at any time. Wouldn't surprise me if it was abolished altogether, as part of the Great repeal bill, so parliament has complete sovereignty over all matters. Then it's just a matter of getting rid of elections and any pesky opposition and we'll be well on our way to the Tories version of a Great Britain. 

10 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Still, only a minor setback in their quest to fully disempower the underprivileged many of whom vote for them. Makes no sense to me.   

It should be a simple decision so why folk keep voting to cut their own throats is beyond me...

CCjOcamWAAEmsRX.jpg