St Johnstone (H) Match Fred

killiekosmos

43 minutes ago, KTIDanny85 said:

Our problem isnt the team or players, its our fans. We have the foundation of a decent side.

I understand fans frustrations having built up over years of poor signings, poor performances, relegation fight one season to the next. Those who are so consumed with rage and anger, who find it acceptable to shout abuse at your own team need to have a look at yourselves. As far as I'm concerned it isnt rational how some people act and these people have deeper, personal issues outside of football, use football as an outlet.

I get the arguement you pay to watch the team so you are entitled to say what you want, however, how would any of us like it if someone gave us abuse at work? I used to work in call centres and experienced what horrible c**ts some people can be. It didnt motivate me one bit, just made me hate that environment.

I had to put up way some guy sitting behind me today, shouting abuse at Boyd and anyone who's pass went astray. It pisses me off. I didnt pay £350 again to listen to that. Folk are so self consumed they dont realise when ur speiling your negativity everyone around you has to put up with it.

Aye have a rant or moan but keep it in check ffs. Support the team, support each other as fans and lets look forward to a new era and fingers crossed a good season. Top 6! 

KTID

Word for word agree with every single part of that. Top post. 

2 hours ago, jesper said:

Booing after 25mins? That's absolutely outrageous, 25mins into the season with an overhauled squad, against a well established team. Come on. 

I heard first boo at 10 mins. Directed at broadfoot to be fair but I did think 'f**kin hell 10 mins into the season and on their cases already'. Was in the frank beattie today with my saints supporting sister and bro in law and the abuse is much worse than from the east stand. Even my brother in law commented after the game that we're a harsh bunch 

A bit unlucky not to get a point today against a streetwise  st Johnstone side,  they will be a steady top six team as per usual and considering the majority of their squad have played together successfully for years and we nearly took a point shows that we have the making of a competitive team , with strength in depth, big greer was a great addition Burke looked fairly lively  was impressed with Thomas and Erwin looks as if he will be handful, dissaponted about the result but optimistic going forward 

another home game another defeat...but took some positives from the game...Boyd put in a good shift and scored a great goaal...Erwin made a difference...Greer and Wilson were very good...Thomas made some fantastic runs...Jones latterly made an impact and taylor was good....saints are a good side and forced their way back into the game after Boyd and erwin could have put us in front...onward and upward??????????

4 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

I heard first boo at 10 mins. Directed at broadfoot to be fair but I did think 'f**kin hell 10 mins into the season and on their cases already'. Was in the frank beattie today with my saints supporting sister and bro in law and the abuse is much worse than from the east stand. Even my brother in law commented after the game that we're a harsh bunch 

It's the West Stand I sit in too, when I can make it. And yeah, the attitude in there is absolutely appalling. The East Stand do seem to be a bit more vocal in support of the players, rather than drive them into the ground berating them every 2mins.

I associate East Stand support with the away support as fans at away games are generally very good! 

We've signed guys like Erwin and Greer who either haven't had a pre-season or have been training on trial with other clubs. 

You may not like the "work in progress" expression but it's a fact. 

The season is a marathon not a sprint and moaning on Day 1 is poor. 

One day it's "Best squad in decades", next they're getting rubbished. 

It will take time to form partnerships and build a team.

Forget a Singing Section - maybe we need a Moaning Section. 

From a footballing perspective we certainly didn't deserve to lose today tho as others have said we weren't streetwise enough. We more than matched a consistent top 6 club & at times played some bright football,a big improvement on some of the dross we've endured recently. Greer was very comfortable on the ball & looks like he could be an excellent signing,Thomas looks capable of being 1 of the most exciting players we've seen in along while & I think Burke looks like he has the ability still but a bit short of fitness yet,could be a very good impact player if he comes on in the 2nd half. Erwin was excellent when he came on & is a huge presence but also very decent on the deck. I thot wee Friz got very little in the way of suppprt from Rory today but still done a decent job in a position that's certainly not his best but could possibly fare better with the experience of Dicker next to him tho I'd always prefer to see him playing further forward,where Burke was playing today. Lastly there's a load of people who sit in the east who really need to be more supportive of the team,as others have said we were less than 30 mins into a new league season & people are booing because players are keeping possession by going square or backwards when there was no other option! 

Trying to focus on the positives of the game today. Greer looked a class act in defence, assured and comfortable on the ball. Anytime Thomas got the ball he caused them problems, think he'll be a huge player this season. Erwin looks a player and really brought out the best in Boyd. If Boyd is gonna play, LM will have to rethink his 1 up top preference as we look much more of a threat with Erwin playing with him. 

On the flip side, I still don't see what Mckenzie brings to the team. Yes he works hard but doesn't contribute much and is a passenger most games. I thought Broadfoot looked shaky today as well. Poor at the first goal and then got turned far too easy on the halfway line which led to the attack they scored the winner from. 

We're a team with a lot of new signings so trying not to be too critical until we're up to speed and hopefully start to gel and see the results improve 

never want to see our team be violent,or go over the top but do need to have a strength at times to stand up to the opposition and close down attacks quickly, put in a few strong tackles........both goals today were down to some very soft defending on our part when players seemed loathe to tackle or even shut the opponent down 

It will never change. Go back many moons ago when TB signed, and other OF "cast offs" signed.  I sat and listened to absolute bile from individuals who 3 months later would have licked the same players backsides because of the performances they and the players around them (due to their experience) were putting in.

it will never change. Everyone is an expert. However as a club we are in the champions league every year as a club full of so called supporters  who spill obscenities as if it's the norm. It's embarrassing as a supporter to be part of this. 

I've not been at a lot of the league cup matches due to holidays but questions from today's game: 

Why was Ian Wilson at right back and not in midfield?

Frizzell - playing as a holding midfield player, why? 

It seemed obvious to me that Wilson should have been in front of the back four, in the midfield, as he was for much of last season. 

Generally, we deserved a draw, first half them, second half us but positives there, Greer excellent, MOM.

Started slow, wrong formation.  LM is still learning his in game management.  Got first sub right, changing formation to 442 brought us back in game.  Let's give him credit for that (albeit anyone at Dumbarton game would've hoped we'd have started that way).  

Second sub was probably wrong choice.  I assume we were shoring up for a point, but clearly didn't work.

Credit to Saints.  Their players know what they should be doing and each played their roles.  They just seemed to be better positioned when the ball broke.  Perhaps we were unlucky, but I suspect they were a bit better prepared with the settled team etc.

Still very positive for season, and was nice to see plenty clapping at the end.  They know we were unlucky today...  we'll get our share of luck another day!

Thought it was a good game against a good side...but the defeat had sod all to do with the fans???? When Boyd scored the cracker of a goal, we had two or three very decent chances and the crowd were right behind the team...when our wingers went passed a man they pulled them down...when their winger went passed us we let him go...I don't want us to be a bunch of hammer throwers but it hasn't done saints any harm...

1 hour ago, jesper said:

Word for word agree with every single part of that. Top post. 

Then you will also agree that if our team were performing better and not conceding sh***y goals of the kind we did today there would be no need for the type of comments from the fans that  are the reason for your post.I agree with some of your points but the product on the park has got to improve !

Thought we deserved a draw today need to score when on top lot of positive stuff apart from defending like pub team for 2nd goal. Pleased with signings and hoping for better season just concerned that the biggest problem with our team for 3 4 years our centre midfield has not been sorted. Dicker big miss but LM needs to sort this asap mckenzie frizz will never work. 

Realise LM seems against loan signings but a CM of better quality is what we need asap.

24 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Then you will also agree that if our team were performing better and not conceding sh***y goals of the kind we did today there would be no need for the type of comments from the fans that  are the reason for your post.I agree with some of your points but the product on the park has got to improve !

And you think 90 mins into a 36 game season is enough time to make a reasoned judgement on that? Come on. 

By all accounts, and from what I witnessed last weekend, McCulloch is learning how to change a game. Erwin seemed to do it today, Erwin/JJ did it last week. 

As I, and many others have said, yes the current first team might be making some mistakes but they're a new team and learning each other's ways with each game. I agree, we need to improve, but we need to give both McCulloch and the team more than 1 Premiership game to do that. St Johnstone are a well established side, built up over a few seasons now. By all accounts a couple of stupid mistakes costs today, so there's no reason why we can't build a team that would be capable of getting results regularly. But booing and hammering the squad and picking out individuals for slaughtering just isn't going to be conducive to that, that kind of "support" will have us beaten before kick off every week. 

Edited by jesper
Tidy up

First half was very poor, although I thought Burke, Thomas and Greer showed up well at times. David Wotherspoon must be one of the most under-rated footballers in Scotland, it was a joy to watch him (although I'm prepared to concede the oft discussed deficiencies in our midfield may have made it easy for him). Erwin changed everything for us when he came on- I like his pace, aggression and control. When he came on, I felt the whole place got a lift. The play got better and so did the atmosphere. The ending of the game was obviously disappointing. I heard a man in the pub afterward say that Lee McCulloch the player would have stopped O'Halloran first chance he got.  

5 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

Bit harsh, probably closer to 20 mins 

Really?  Are we that fickle as supporters that we are voicing ill founded opinions on minutes in a game? Judge the manager and his signings after an appropriate number of  games. If not I don't why you bother turning up. Your doing more harm than good.  

1 minute ago, DuncanEwart said:

First half was very poor, although I thought Burke, Thomas and Greer showed up well at times. David Wotherspoon must be one of the most under-rated footballers in Scotland, it was a joy to watch him (although I'm prepared to concede the oft discussed deficiencies in our midfield may have made it easy for him). Erwin changed everything for us when he came on- I like his pace, aggression and control. When he came on, I felt the whole place got a lift. The play got better and so did the atmosphere. The ending of the game was obviously disappointing. I heard a man in the pub afterward say that Lee McCulloch the player would have stopped O'Halloran first chance he got.  

We need a nasty bastard in our team. Too nicey nicey. 

Someone like Mckinnon of Hamilton .

Maybe Power can offer this if he gets himself fit.

8 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

Really?  Are we that fickle as supporters that we are voicing ill founded opinions on minutes in a game? Judge the manager and his signings after an appropriate number of  games. If not I don't why you bother turning up. Your doing more harm than good.  

Woooooosh 

Take yer tampon out and get a sense of humour. If you look back at my previous post I was critical of the west stand crowd and folk getting on the back of the team after 10 mins. 

For what it's worth, Im far more optimistic now than I was at the same stage last season 

Edited by All the Wine