Kris Boyd on Sky

kfc_superteam

I think it's a poor show indeed. All squad players should be there today and certainly not covering a Rangers game for Sky.

Says more to me that Boyd obviously thinks doing punditry for Sky is more important than his duties for the club that pays his wages! 

In fairness to him he spoke about Killie, yesterday's goal and result before anything else. He's also mentioned us another few times. The caption that pops up says Kris Boyd Kilmarnock as opposed to ex Rangers which makes a change.

I caught a bit of the Celtic game yesterday and Andy Walker aside Sky's coverage is far better than previous seasons. Hayley McQueen a real improvement on David Tanner.

It would be great if Boyd was at RP for the open day but the club have obviously agreed to let him feature for Sky this season. He's already put in a fair bit of time as have others out and about promoting ST's and the club as well as continuing his coaching.

I understand that he has a job with Sky and all that but for me it's very poor that he isn't at the Open Day today, when I was younger I used to absolutely love going and meeting the players and getting a picture or autograph off them and I would imagine that Kris Boyd will be up there as one of the ones that kids are more likely to want to meet specially given that he's the one that "scores the goals" and one that people talk about most. It might seem a small issue to people but I feel he should definitely be there given that we pay his wages and he plays for us every week.

I would also lay some of the blame at the club though for allowing it although there probably is a good chance that they would have no say in the matter also.

Are folk forgetting that in a career that isn't long, Boyd came back to us for his second spell when he could have gone elsewhere and made more money?

I've no problems with him doing a second job and setting himself up for a career after football. He has a family to provide for. 

Some people need to get a life and stop looking for every little thing to criticise our own players about. 

I've posted on here several times that through my work, I've taken groups of kids to rugby park about a dozen times. Boyd and the rest of the guys have always been brand new with the group. Yes there might be some kids disappointed today but in my experience he's always been great with the young fans. 

Guaranteed the following happened 

1. Kris or his agent gives club list of dates sky has work for him in advance. 

2.Club approves said dates

3.club organises open day for a date Kris unavailable 

Not Kris's or clubs fault but you can't pick and choose when you work if you want work. and the club can't in all fairness work around everyones schedules. 

And as mentioned, Ive never once heard of anyone meet boyd in or out of the club not get a photo/signing/a chat 

this post is nitpicking to the highest degree

This the same guy who was in a supermarket last week promoting season tickets for the club that we are moaning about? Or playing after his brother died because we had no strikers?

Jeezo!

Having said that, this is probably the first time I've seen a Boyd thread and partly agree with some comments. Open Day is a big deal for younger fans and Boomer being there would have been one of the attractions. 

Agreed that likely the dates were pre-determined but certainly a shame he couldn't manage. 

He's a human being who loves football. What's he supposed to do ? ''Sky sports , hi it's kris .. I don't want a wage anymore I would rather be with the killie fans than make money , the same fans that call me a fat waste of a wage even though I score goals (which is what I'm paid for)''

Maybe if we gave the guy some support rather than constantly looking for an excuse to bombard him with abuse. I would hate to be kris boyd breaking so many records and scoring so many goals. Especially the goals he scored in the season we stayed up beating hibs on the last day. We thank him by shouting abuse at the man . It's not news that he is getting older and he isn't as fit as he was but unfortunately if he is finished or not is not our call and as long as he is in a killie strip we should support him. the same goes for any killie player. It could be worse he could be injured every season and collect a wage like some ex huns. 

11 minutes ago, the dundonald duo said:

He's a human being who loves football. What's he supposed to do ? ''Sky sports , hi it's kris .. I don't want a wage anymore I would rather be with the killie fans than make money , the same fans that call me a fat waste of a wage even though I score goals (which is what I'm paid for)''

Maybe if we gave the guy some support rather than constantly looking for an excuse to bombard him with abuse. I would hate to be kris boyd breaking so many records and scoring so many goals. Especially the goals he scored in the season we stayed up beating hibs on the last day. We thank him by shouting abuse at the man . It's not news that he is getting older and he isn't as fit as he was but unfortunately if he is finished or not is not our call and as long as he is in a killie strip we should support him. the same goes for any killie player. It could be worse he could be injured every season and collect a wage like some ex huns. 

Don't you see what youve just done in your post?

You've defended Boyd for being a h** supporting player, then in your final sentence had a go at another player, I suspect your referring to Smith, for being ex h**s....

giphy (12).gif

Edited by C4mmy31

What is the context for the video? Why and when was it recorded? What is it being used for and where can it be seen? Does anyone know?  

In any case, I'm not sure how one championship title and one challenge cup qualifies the club as the most successful in the world.  

'Welcome to the club with the most deluded fans in the world' would have been a more accurate introduction. 

38 minutes ago, historyman said:

What is the context for the video? Why and when was it recorded? What is it being used for and where can it be seen? Does anyone know?  

In any case, I'm not sure how one championship title and one challenge cup qualifies the club as the most successful in the world.  

'Welcome to the club with the most deluded fans in the world' would have been a more accurate introduction. 

This