Kris Boyd on Sky

kfc_superteam

3 hours ago, historyman said:

What is the context for the video? Why and when was it recorded? What is it being used for and where can it be seen? Does anyone know?  

To me it looks like the context is he's trying to wind-up ex(?)-Celtic midfielder Kris Commons. If Commons had half a brain he'd have made Boyd's comments look pretty stupid. 

35 minutes ago, Zorro said:

To me it looks like the context is he's trying to wind-up ex(?)-Celtic midfielder Kris Commons. If Commons had half a brain he'd have made Boyd's comments look pretty stupid. 

He did. Commons posted a video saying Boydie took him round the Ibrox trophy room but it only had two trophies. 

On 12/08/2017 at 3:13 AM, C4mmy31 said:

Don't you see what youve just done in your post?

You've defended Boyd for being a h** supporting player, then in your final sentence had a go at another player, I suspect your referring to Smith, for being ex h**s....

giphy (12).gif

yes he is never fit ever boyd earns his money ex hun or not. 

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Onlyonecolinmckee said:

Guaranteed the following happened 

1. Kris or his agent gives club list of dates sky has work for him in advance. 

2.Club approves said dates

3.club organises open day for a date Kris unavailable 

Not Kris's or clubs fault but you can't pick and choose when you work if you want work. and the club can't in all fairness work around everyones schedules. 

And as mentioned, Ive never once heard of anyone meet boyd in or out of the club not get a photo/signing/a chat 

this post is nitpicking to the highest degree

Open day was announced before the fixtures even came out, nevermind TV fixtures so that's some guarantee!

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, All the Wine said:

I don't see how folk can't see how that is an utter kick in the teeth for us. It's f**kin embarrassing for us that he goes on like that while under contract. They're a rival club ffs! Making us a laughing stock 

If he's so keen on the media career he should have jacked in playing at the end of the season. 

Yup, it's strange.;

Folk moan about Ayrshire being full of huns and how it's a drain on our support but happy to fawn over a senior player who still plays for us, who is from Ayrshire, a hun and happy to gloat about it at every given chance on national media.

Strange people.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Open day was announced before the fixtures even came out, nevermind TV fixtures so that's some guarantee!

Im pretty sure the teams playing is largely irrelevant to sky when they are scheduling they know the vast majority will be rangers or celtic away, they will have a date and a kick off time in there diary long before the fixtures come out. and as such schedule the people they have under contract to appear on these shows. they probably schedule a celtic and a rangers former player and cut the other accordingly. 

or are we saying that sky waits until scottish football fixtures are announced, then fits the fixtures in around its broadcasting and then once thats sorted goes out and chooses who the pundits will be. Are we also saying that Michael "king of contracts" Johnson allowed Kris complete freedom with his media work that he gets to choose when he does stuff? could he in theory say I'm doing TV not playing?. 

If kris was 3-4 stone lighter, had scored like he used to last year and all summer in the cup / start of league and had bags of movement and mobility, this post wouldn't exist, But he hasn't and he shouldn't be the focal point of our attack, and HE shouldnt be the focal point for attack on here for a matter that players at other clubs also take part in. 

Im a fan of what Boyd has done for us, I'm not a boyd defender thou, he is unfit, immobile and ineffective on the park. However I won't attack him for doing media work and talking about 1 of the 2 clubs that sadly media are only interested in. 

Fundamentally the issue for me is not Boyd but the club, and I WOULD support other fans and condone the club on this matter. Why do the club let him do media that polarise's the fan base? why have we signed a sectarian thug with the badge tattooed on his neck? Why when we appear to try and champion being a family club have we allowed our star play for many years to bang the drum on TV, Radio and print about one of the team thats responsible for our fan base being smaller, Or again a someone charged of sectarian offences. 

On 8/12/2017 at 6:02 AM, All the Wine said:

I don't see how folk can't see how that is an utter kick in the teeth for us. It's f**kin embarrassing for us that he goes on like that while under contract. They're a rival club ffs! Making us a laughing stock 

If he's so keen on the media career he should have jacked in playing at the end of the season. 

Exactly. I find it perplexing that people are falling over themselves trying to find reasons to defend him.

9 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I can't wait till his contract ends now. He has no respect for the club and it's obvious we should now be playing Erwin with a quick mobile player beside him. Hopefully Kiltie coming back sees the effective end of his time with us. 

Hopefully McCulloch, Boyd, Erwin and the rest were watching Simon Murray against sevco. He showed what a lone striker needs to be doing. His movement pulled their defence to bits.

42 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

Hopefully McCulloch, Boyd, Erwin and the rest were watching Simon Murray against sevco. He showed what a lone striker needs to be doing. His movement pulled their defence to bits.

Totally agree hibs have  got themselves a player who at least knows the basics of scoring when the chance presents itself unlike our two 'strikers'.

6 hours ago, BoydsFace said:

His comment when Commons walked in the room, and he knew it was being recorded, has meant that my intention to defend him on this thread has been changed. I won't attack him as I respect what he has done for the club but I certainly won't defend him.

It's certainly not some impromptu situation - it's a recorded TV programme which will be scripted. 

The views expressed by Boyd will not necessarily be his own (but almost certainly will be). 

This is a different level to that of current players (and I can't think of many who do it) turning up at a match to give their off-the-cuff opinions on the match. 

It is taking it into a magazine type format where Commons and Boyd are the show, like a Latter Day Saint and Greavesy (see what I did there?!).

It's moving Boyd from the punditry scene into the entertainment world. The Two Krisses, if you will - like The Two Ronnies without the talent. 

A problem arises only if his media work is affecting his playing performance (hard to say), or if he is saying things which compromise his relationship with Killie and the fans.  

It's difficult to see how a programme previewing the weekend's matches can't be uncomfortable for someone who is currently playing. Either they are honest ("I don't think Killie have a cat in hell's chance") or he gives some anodyne cliche.

How can he be impartial about a match in which he participating?

That's why some of us see a conflict between his dual careers. It's not just Boyd-bashing for the sake of it. 

The only letter I ever wrote to Killie was a complaint about McCoist and Durrant in the Rangers end for a match against Celtic. I can't remember the exact circumstances, but I thought it was unprofessional. I got a reply stating both players had been made aware of general discontent among the fans and it wouldn't happen again. In this day and age, probably none of us can be @rsed writing a letter but we could e mail the club to express our concerns. Whose e mail should we send it to? 

On 15/08/2017 at 8:09 AM, skygod said:

How can he be impartial about a match in which he participating?

To be fair to Boyd, he pitched his comments just right. 

In fact, he and Commons were both much better than when I saw them on week 1.

McCulloch, on the other hand, was unconvincing, saying the style of play and performances had been very good. 

Strange to see Boyd interviewing him. 

The young players are sent videos of matches and talk them through with LM and PL. 

Why just the young players?!!!

Results disappointing but not panicking. 

Not jobs for the boys (Broadfoot, Smith, Burke, Boyd) - knows what they can bring. 

Has been in touch with Alex McLeish, Billy Davies, Paul Jewell, John Spencer and others for advice, including outside the game. Not Neil Lennon, though!

Ajer probably our best player when he was there. 

Very softly spoken and didn't seem as confident as last season and during the close season.