Kris Boyd on Sky

kfc_superteam

On 10/09/2017 at 6:18 PM, Stefanus said:

When he signed for us as a player, every Killie fan knew Tommy Burns' first love was Celtic. That was still the case when he took over as manager. He was proud to play for us and even prouder to manage us. Every time he was interviewed, journalists predictably looked for a Celtic angle. If he answered the question put to him directly, he invariably followed that by saying "I'm a Kilmarnock player/manager now" and changed the line of questioning. He always spoke warmly about the club, the fans and even the community. Although he came to us after a long career with Celtic, his entire focus during his time with us was Killie. Yes, the nature of his departure still rankles, but like many others, I forgave him that, for everything he brought to, and put into, our club. Commitment, focus, professionalism and dignity. 

None of these attributes could currently be applied to our erstwhile  Rangers correspondent.

Boyd's descent into parody is as sad as it is inevitable and it's high time the club exerted a little authority. Sitting near the bottom of the league, with our most prominent player ( in name) more discussed for his media persona and 'football' allegiance, than being an existing Kilmarnock player, makes our own club look weak, poorly managed and severely lacking in self respect. 

Well said mate you are so right great post.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

SLO emailed me back saying that he'd received a lot of complaints.

He met the club today and Boyd said he was unaware of the music that was being played and when he was pretending to play the piano it was classical music.

Seemingly the club has received an apology from Sky from it, which is fair enough.

I did reply in saying whilst that's fair enough an explanation, it doesn't detract from the fact this s**te happens every week. The other week it was Boyd welcoming Commons to "The most successful club in the world" etc whilst in the ibrox main stand.

Makes us look small time, when you see that and his Rangers column.

They must think we are REALLY stupid. He was sitting being filmed by Sky, pretending to play classical music on the piano. WHY? C'mon that's a joke explanation and frankly an insult to our collective intelligence. That's completely made up.

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

They must think we are REALLY stupid. He was sitting being filmed by Sky, pretending to play classical music on the piano. WHY? C'mon that's a joke explanation and frankly an insult to our collective intelligence. That's completely made up.

To put him over as a bit less of a 'neanderthal' footballer?

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He met the club today and Boyd said he was unaware of the music that was being played and when he was pretending to play the piano it was classical music.

Seemingly the club has received an apology from Sky from it, which is fair enough.

I did reply in saying whilst that's fair enough an explanation, it doesn't detract from the fact this s**te happens every week. The other week it was Boyd welcoming Commons to "The most successful club in the world" etc whilst in the ibrox main stand.

Makes us look small time, when you see that and his Rangers column.

I've since read material you've sent me which appears to back up the story. I'm really struggling to believe it, but there you go. I think they should issue a public statement if this is the case.

Sounds like an excuse was found .......and all probably hope that stops fans complaining..........

As stated this was not a one off event .....real test will be what if anything changes ..

..in terms of the Sky programme they will be wanting to maximise the Boyd v Commons old club rivalry a week on Friday for that game the next day 

2 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

This is turning into a very embarrassing circus. Time for Boyd to go.

As far as I'm concerned this is a sackable offence. utterly shocking. and when you factor in the connotations and 'remixes of the song that Rangers so blatantly sing. Boyds contract should be terminated with immediate effect. Following a public apology from him.

I wonder if the indignation would be so strong if he'd scored 8 goals already this season, we were near the top of the league and flying, and he was in the form that got him his first move 10 years ago? The fact he looks finished, is adding nothing up front to us and is already looking beyond the end of his playing days to forge an alternative career may have an effect on some peoples attitude towards him nowadays.

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

I wonder if the indignation would be so strong if he'd scored 8 goals already this season, we were near the top of the league and flying, and he was in the form that got him his first move 10 years ago? The fact he looks finished, is adding nothing up front to us and is already looking beyond the end of his playing days to forge an alternative career may have an effect on some peoples attitude towards him nowadays.

I would. He is making us look so amateur

5 hours ago, casual observer said:

The pros and cons are weighed in all of these decisions. If he was playing well, it would be a different argument as he would at least be seen to be making an effort on the park.

As things stand, he looks like he's not interested (at least judging by his physique) and this is just compounded by the ongoing Rangers love-in with the media.

7 hours ago, casual observer said:

Absolutely right!

But he hasn't and we're not. 

He is trying to serve two masters and is finding it hard to walk the fine line required. 

As I've said before, he has many years ahead of him as an ex-footballer to forge a second career.

For the sake of not waiting a year or two, he is wrecking his reputation. 

Edited by skygod

18 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

When and where will we actually see or hear this apology.

We are the ones who are offended and registering a complaint and to my mind an apology means absolutely nothing if no one sees it or hears it.

If Boyd insists he knew nothing about it and has effectively been stitched up, surely he should do the right thing and walk away from ha joke of a programme.

19 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ach well Bydie big man nae bother . Thanks 

19 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Seemingly the club has received an apology from Sky from it   ...........................

I was not even aware The Club was offended by or even aware of the item.

If they received an Apology why have they chosen not to share it with anyone until asked directly about said item?

Sometimes words just fail me at the absolute lack of empathy between the club and it's fan base. The gapping chasm that seems to lie between the values and vision of the club and that of folks on here.

37 minutes ago, killieblues said:

The thing is, Skygod, I don't think he is actually wrecking it because it's only us Killie fans that may/will take offence. Sad, but true.

I really meant that he was putting at risk his status as a Killie legend but was struggling for the right words! 

The end of his playing career is near and it would be a pity if, in histories of the club yet to be written, he is remembered as having ended it as an overweight travesty of his former self, who caused the Killie support repeated offence by his media activities. 

Edited by skygod