Kris Boyd on Sky

kfc_superteam

1 hour ago, skygod said:

That would be why Commons was mugging it up outside the window...

Good point though. If Boyd seriously meant it as a tribute to his brother, the director took the piss out of him. 

I genuinely never saw that. Too busy looking to see if he was actually playing, or just miming playing

1 hour ago, Stefanus said:

When he signed for us as a player, every Killie fan knew Tommy Burns' first love was Celtic. That was still the case when he took over as manager. He was proud to play for us and even prouder to manage us. Every time he was interviewed, journalists predictably looked for a Celtic angle. If he answered the question put to him directly, he invariably followed that by saying "I'm a Kilmarnock player/manager now" and changed the line of questioning. He always spoke warmly about the club, the fans and even the community. Although he came to us after a long career with Celtic, his entire focus during his time with us was Killie. Yes, the nature of his departure still rankles, but like many others, I forgave him that, for everything he brought to, and put into, our club. Commitment, focus, professionalism and dignity. 

None of these attributes could currently be applied to our erstwhile  Rangers correspondent.

Boyd's descent into parody is as sad as it is inevitable and it's high time the club exerted a little authority. Sitting near the bottom of the league, with our most prominent player ( in name) more discussed for his media persona and 'football' allegiance, than being an existing Kilmarnock player, makes our own club look weak, poorly managed and severely lacking in self respect. 

Superb post. 100% bang on.

1 hour ago, Stefanus said:

When he signed for us as a player, every Killie fan knew Tommy Burns' first love was Celtic. That was still the case when he took over as manager. He was proud to play for us and even prouder to manage us. Every time he was interviewed, journalists predictably looked for a Celtic angle. If he answered the question put to him directly, he invariably followed that by saying "I'm a Kilmarnock player/manager now" and changed the line of questioning. He always spoke warmly about the club, the fans and even the community. Although he came to us after a long career with Celtic, his entire focus during his time with us was Killie. Yes, the nature of his departure still rankles, but like many others, I forgave him that, for everything he brought to, and put into, our club. Commitment, focus, professionalism and dignity. 

None of these attributes could currently be applied to our erstwhile  Rangers correspondent.

Boyd's descent into parody is as sad as it is inevitable and it's high time the club exerted a little authority. Sitting near the bottom of the league, with our most prominent player ( in name) more discussed for his media persona and 'football' allegiance, than being an existing Kilmarnock player, makes our own club look weak, poorly managed and severely lacking in self respect. 

Perfectly put. However, as I said on another thread, I think the clubs lack of identity has allowed situations like this to fester. 

13 hours ago, Stefanus said:

Sums it up perfectly for me.

13 hours ago, Stefanus said:

That post is spot on. I was one who always backed Boydy and excepted he is looking for a career after playing. However he has crossed the line now and is trying to be as controversial as Sutton. 

He needs to show some respect for his current employer who resurrected your career. Also for his current manager who needs all the help he can get at the moment. 

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:59 AM, CB said:

Can I add a note of caution, please? Did anyone see the whole show, and the piano piece in context?

Given the start of the shot looks like a bunch of lillies, might it have been a tribute to his brother, who died a year ago, almost to the day the piece would have been shot?

https://youtu.be/zxMuFEY9VSg?t=6m45s

IF that's the case he has been absolute stitched up here.

I don't think it looks like a tribute to his brother, its just a general camera pan to Boyd on the piano, likely what has happened is someone has said to Boydie play us something on the piano and the only thing he has ever learned is Simply the best. If you'd asked me to play something the only thing i'd have managed was the braveheart theme.

17 hours ago, Stefanus said:

Just like K.S. he saw it as his professional duty to promote the club.

Contrast this with MJ, KB and JJ who all fell short of this IMO.

On 9/9/2017 at 0:08 PM, BoydsFace said:

Could you imagine someone getting away with this under Alex Ferguson, Walter Smith or, dare I say it, Jim Jeffries?  I don't think so.  Can't come across well to the other players in the squad as surely some see it the same way we do?

This. Any argument someone has in defense of Boyd here should ask themselves this question

On 10/09/2017 at 6:18 PM, Stefanus said:

Brilliant post.

If we don't have any self respect as a club, we might as well pack it in. 

"Kris, darling? How about we close the show with you pretending to play this piano? 

We can dub in some music later - maybe something solemn in tribute to your brother. A nice piece by Richard Clayderman!

The camera can pan past the lilies - it will all be in the best possible taste. 

How does that sound, darling?"

Personally, I'm not buying it. 

SLO emailed me back saying that he'd received a lot of complaints.

He met the club today and Boyd said he was unaware of the music that was being played and when he was pretending to play the piano it was classical music.

Seemingly the club has received an apology from Sky from it, which is fair enough.

I did reply in saying whilst that's fair enough an explanation, it doesn't detract from the fact this s**te happens every week. The other week it was Boyd welcoming Commons to "The most successful club in the world" etc whilst in the ibrox main stand.

Makes us look small time, when you see that and his Rangers column.