The Manager

boydiesback

1 hour ago, chubbs said:

The current system won't work because the midfield do not support the forwards quickly enough.

Sort the midfield out.

Spot on........was hoping for at least another quality midfielder brought in this summer....still time I suppose even on loan 

Options in midfield not been helped by the injury to Dicker and the fitness issues /sluggish start shown by Power  ..and then not having Kiltie who could provide that link to join up our play going forward ......as well as providing the right service to our wide men closer to goal 

I'm no tactical genius by any means, but from what I saw last weekend and hear of yesterday, Boyd is reenergised when Erwin comes on. Unless playing Celtic, I'd whip McKenzie and have a Boyd-Erwin front line. 

As others have said though, midfield needs sorted out... It has done for years though, it has been many a year since we had a Durrant (creative), Holt (workhorse) or Reilly (disruptor) or even just a strong tackler like Mahood. Ideally I'd like a creative player and a hard tackler in here... Maybe Burke will get match fit and bring the creative side, we just need the guts and someone to put a foot in!

I'm hopeful of a good season this year, but I think it's a work in progress, the best results I think will come next year once the best starting XI is found (hopefully by mid way through this season!)  and there's some cohesion and understanding there... If fans can just be patient to let Lee McC bring this all together! 

Edited by jesper
New words

32 minutes ago, jesper said:

As others have said though, midfield needs sorted out... It has done for years though, it has been many a year since we had a Durrant (creative), Holt (workhorse) or Reilly (disruptor) or even just a strong tackler like Mahood. I

So you didn't rate Bryson, Kelly, Slater or even Eremenko?

5 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Bryson is under contract until end of this season. He wants to return to Killie. That would be an amazing signing. I'd take Kelly back also!!

Kelly had the chance but didn't want to move back to Scotland and uproot his family. Craig will be back on Killie blue and white soon.

41 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

So you didn't rate Bryson, Kelly, Slater or even Eremenko?

Excellent players, fair point. 

Although, I do think you missed the point of my post. 

And as others have said, I'd take Kelly or Bryson back anytime. Bryson is from this way and i reckon there's a good chance he'll be back at RP before be gives it up (as I hope Naisy is too!) 

Edited by jesper
Added more

Watching his pre match interview I can't help but wonder what he's like behind the scenes.

We are playing a Hearts team without a manager who's fans think they are all over the place and have had some terrible results.

The message from McCulloch is that they are a top four side, things will be really difficult and we'll have to show hunger. Is too much to ask for a manager that can inspire a bit? He ends the interview asking for fans to get behind the team. A bit of encouragement from the manager might help!

He's actually made me less enthusiastic about I game I've been really looking forward to. The heads dropped after the first goal at Celtic?

That's your job mate. Partick's didn't against a much better Celtic side last night. 

Really hoping this is a Shiels before the cup final situation where he is really positive in the dressing room. 

32 minutes ago, Robin Magee said:

The manager, in his pre-match assessment ,was being very careful to avoid giving Hearts any "ammunition". This is entirely the right approach. The place to inspire our guys is in the dressing room, not the press!

I get that, but surely "Jordan Jones is looking great in training, we're excited to see what he can do. I think Lee Erwin is really getting up to fitness and the fans will take to him" - that sort of thing. It's just so negative. 

Kilmarnock boss Lee McCulloch: "I thought we were the better team. It was a sloppy goal to lose after five minutes but that was a bit of a wake-up call for us and after that I thought we were a lot better for the rest of the match.

"We were a little bit unlucky with Rory McKenzie's chance and another couple of half-chances to put crosses in, but I thought we sort of dominated and it is a little bit hard to take. But we need to dust ourselves down and go again.

"We spoke all week about starting the game well and then after five minutes it is backs to the wall. But Hearts are a definite top-four side in this league and to play the way we did for 85 minutes against them is where the positives come from, albeit we didn't get anything from the game.

"There might be a chance to get one more player in, maybe two, but we will wait and see."

I'm afraid from my point of view our manager is deluded, this season's Ritchie Foran.....

Edited by C4mmy31