Hard man midfielder.

Keith Miller

Surely it must be hitting LM full in the face that this should have been a number one priority. ( along with a striker ).   We've had this problem for a few seasons now, and watching little guys get steamrollered in the midfield is becoming a wee bit tiresome.   Dicker will strengthen the team when he returns, but we need a quality ball winner to give us the " nasty " streak.   On another point which Skygod raised. -  remember Lee, the game starts at three o'clock, not four.  Ensure the team are sharpened up and ready to go at kick off. !!

1 hour ago, Keith Miller said:

Surely it must be hitting LM full in the face that this should have been a number one priority. ( along with a striker ).   We've had this problem for a few seasons now, and watching little guys get steamrollered in the midfield is becoming a wee bit tiresome.   Dicker will strengthen the team when he returns, but we need a quality ball winner to give us the " nasty " streak.   On another point which Skygod raised. -  remember Lee, the game starts at three o'clock, not four.  Ensure the team are sharpened up and ready to go at kick off. !!

Attack midfielder with hard man?

After the Ayr game, I said Power had no chance in the Premiership if League One players were running past him. 

That's a month he has had to get fit since McCulloch seems to have identified the issue and, presumably, addressed it. 

If he's no closer to match fitness, maybe he's just one of those guys who is incapable of achieving fitness. He wouldn't be the first - there's a long line of them back through Gary Harkins to Andy Ritchie and beyond. 

He's not played at any sort of level before so maybe he has been able to compensate for his lack of fitness. It certainly looked in Lincoln City videos I watched that he was capable of getting around the pitch. 

But if he's no fitter now than he was a month ago, there's something not right. 

16 minutes ago, skygod said:

After the Ayr game, I said Power had no chance in the Premiership if League One players were running past him. 

That's a month he has had to get fit since McCulloch seems to have identified the issue and, presumably, addressed it. 

If he's no closer to match fitness, maybe he's just one of those guys who is incapable of achieving fitness. He wouldn't be the first - there's a long line of them back through Gary Harkins to Andy Ritchie and beyond. 

He's not played at any sort of level before so maybe he has been able to compensate for his lack of fitness. It certainly looked in Lincoln City videos I watched that he was capable of getting around the pitch. 

But if he's no fitter now than he was a month ago, there's something not right. 

He stood out in the Cup games against Prem and other higher league opposition so should be able to get fit. Odd if not...

Disappointed Power isn't ready yet. I thought he looked ok against Livi but the Ayr game passed him by more than most. We have to question why he isn't fit. Is it the regime or a problem with the individual? His brief run outs after that have failed to impress although he looked in better shape on Saturday than he did in the early cup games.

I'd still like to see us sign another midfielder. I felt on Saturday we lacked someone to orchestrate things in there. Frizzell although I don't think he was as bad as some stated was guilty of getting dragged around the park because he was in there himself. Clingan was mentioned earlier. Someone of that ilk would be screaming at him to hold his line but also makes sure the attacking players are pulling their weight.  

A loan till january might be the answer. Gives Power a chance to try to get up to speed. If he isn't up to it by then move him on. Hope he does come good.

The other position I'd like to see signed is another right back. Either a young prospect like Waters or another loan. So we've got options there. Who is the U21 rightback?