Jordan Jones

kfc_superteam

He's KTID... even has a Killie tattoo that I haven' brought myself to get yet!

Give him a new contract on better wages for three years to protect us and allow us to get a fee reflecting his value. 

He shouldn't be looking to move unless he knows he's a regular at any side he moves to and after his time in England he might just fancy staying a little longer. 

He's now a regular, receiving praise and international recognition. Grass isn't always greener.

Keep your beady eyes aff him Brendan.....

Rodgers praised the finish by Jones, who followed up his own shot.

"Their goal comes after the boy Jones hits the post and he reacted quickest and had a nice little combination," said Rodgers. "It was probably the best attacking moment of the game.

"We threw everything into the game but just couldn't quite make the breakthrough."

He’s been different class, as mentioned above the composure for his goal was top notch, but not just that his determination and run to get back on the ball after his shot hit the post, rather than standing there with his head in his hands like some would, paid off. Thought that was our big chance gone when that rattled the post. Superb

I've only seen our goal so far but, if I was a scout, I would have been very impressed by the way that Jones ran at - and away from - the defence, took the shot on so quickly and accurately, didn't switch off after the shot hit the post, took up a good position to receive O'Donnell's pass, worked a great one-two with McKenzie and finished cooly. 

That was a seriously good "play", as the Americans would say, by Jones.

It looks like he is finally fulfilling the promise he had at Boro and is maturing into a good all-round player. I hope O'Neill gives him a cap in the play-off, if only as a substitute, as he has the confidence to be an unknown quantity to the Swiss.

Edited by skygod

6 hours ago, Mister Y said:

Just think how he will develop under Clarke and Dyer....if he's any sense he'll stay beyond January and if we can tie him up to a longer contract we could make some serious dosh in the future!

Gary Dicker's Q and A from last season would suggest that he doesn't have any sense. 

Kris Boyd is tipping Jordan Jones to be the catalyst for Kilmarnock’s renaissance under new manager Steve Clarke but admits the in-form Rugby Park attacker used to frustrate his team-mates.

Jones flattered to deceive when he first arrived from Middlesbrough last season as invariably he had no end product.

Now Boyd thinks the pacy winger has the talent to go far in the game and can help Killie climb the table, despite Tuesday’s 3-0 defeat by Hibs.

The veteran striker said: “When he came up here at first he had all the tricks and flicks, which probably a lot of academy kids in England have got.

“We were trying to play him in a wide role where he would take people on but there was no end product.

“I think Lee McCulloch started the process by talking to him on a daily basis and showing him what needs to be done and the gaffer has come in and done the same.

“But I think the biggest thing is that he’s started to listen to his team-mates.

“When you’ve got that talent, it sometimes annoys the life out of others when you do nothing with it.

“We can now see what he’s doing. He’s creating umpteen chances and over the last month he has been excellent.

“I think the penny has finally dropped about what he can do and what he can achieve in the game.

“He has been called up to the Northern Ireland squad so he could he could be on the verge of a World Cup team.

“So he has to keep his focus because we all like to see that talent and hopefully it will take him to a high level in the game.”

Killie are smarting after the 3-0 defeat by Hibs when they played well in spells but couldn’t score.

Unusually – following such a heavy defeat – they were cheered off by their supporters who clearly believe there is something happening under Clarke.

Boyd added: “We controlled the majority of the second half and if we had got a goal just after half-time it would probably have been a different game.

“The fans have had a bit of frustration the last few years and you can see why. When you’re paying money to watch a product on the pitch that hasn’t been good enough then I can understand why they have been frustrated.

“However, the numbers on a Champions League night were excellent and I think they saw the effort that we were putting in.

“Hopefully with the gaffer coming in it shows the board have got a vision and that they want to take the club forward.

“Now we look to Hearts at Murrayfield on Sunday and hopefully win three points.”

(The Scotsman)

From reading that it certainly looks like Boyd has more respect for this boss than the last. When mculloch was in charge it would have been 'Jig' and not 'gaffer'. Hopefully a positive change from him too. 

As for jones, this season was always going to be about adding the end product, be it final ball or goals and it looks like it's all coming together for him. 

1 hour ago, All the Wine said:

From reading that it certainly looks like Boyd has more respect for this boss than the last. When mculloch was in charge it would have been 'Jig' and not 'gaffer'. Hopefully a positive change from him too.  

This.

It was not Lee's fault he could not get the respect he needed, just a fact of life.

58 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

To be fair to Boyd he did all he could, hit it in direction keeper was moving away from, there really was nothing else he could have done, keeper luckily caught it with his trailing leg,

Yeah I don't blame Boyd for the miss. It was instinctive and 8/10 times that would have gone in. I thought Boyd worked really hard last match... hit post twice and forced two very smart saves from their keeper!

• 2 weeks later...