Hurlford Juniors

BoydsFace

23 hours ago, DuncD said:

Brora made it clear they did not particularly want to go up due to travel distances. Their nearest away game would have been over 2 hours. They have money and infrastructure to go up.

They certainly didn't throw the game just didn't have as strong q squad as they do now.

If they had refused then they shouldn't be gained entry to the senior SC. 

Fort William on the highland league have large distances to travel to away games. Wick is a nightmare to get to. 

On 12/08/2017 at 11:45 AM, Ycfc1922 said:

Fort William on the highland league have large distances to travel to away games. Wick is a nightmare to get to. 

They do but the vast majority of their players are inverness based.

Wick is a nightmare your right. Berriedale Braes don't help!

• 3 months later...
On 14/08/2017 at 3:56 PM, DuncD said:

They do but the vast majority of their players are inverness based.

Wick is a nightmare your right. Berriedale Braes don't help!

I thought Fort William was a community club that only played local players (they certainly used to be) which is why they were nearly always bottom of the Highland League.

3 hours ago, MrTumnus said:

I thought Fort William was a community club that only played local players (they certainly used to be) which is why they were nearly always bottom of the Highland League.

In years gone by possibly.

Last good few years they have only trained once a week in Fort William due to the cost of nearly whole squad travelling so the other night they train in Inverness. 

2 hours ago, azertyuiop said:

Have Darvel Juniors got a manager yet? Some mess they are in after a great promotion last season. The manager was sacked as they are aiming for back to back promotions in the Premier!! yes, Darvel are aiming for the premier within 2 seasons :S

Darvel have a manager and are ambitious .Four teams go up  atomaticaly and 5 and 6 are in a play off for the premier .Plenty of teams have had back to back promotions .Kilwining ,Girvan and Hurl£ord have done it recently.Two new players on the way to ,one with SPL experence (at Killie ) and the other has senior experence too .Some mess they are in -_-

Graeme Neil is the name of their new manager and interestingly the Darvel chairman approached him about taking the job rather than him applying (he was U-20s coach at Bonnyton, another ambitious outfit). I'm intrigued to see who the player with the Killie connection is. I hope Darvel get promoted again- they obviously realise they won't have a better chance than this season, with the number of places available. The more Ayrshire sides in the top division of the Juniors the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Watched darvel a few times this season and the games have been great entertainment. I don't see this move working out.......some players have already quit in protest at the manager sacking.

I hope it does work for the club as it's been at deaths door for 20 odd years. Sadly i fear John Gaul is doing a Brookes Mileson.

3 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

Graeme Neil is the name of their new manager and interestingly the Darvel chairman approached him about taking the job rather than him applying (he was U-20s coach at Bonnyton, another ambitious outfit). I'm intrigued to see who the player with the Killie connection is. I hope Darvel get promoted again- they obviously realise they won't have a better chance than this season, with the number of places available. The more Ayrshire sides in the top division of the Juniors the better, as far as I'm concerned.

He's a Galston boy (son of Bobby who had the hardware shop in Wallace St). Used to go to Killie games home and away but  after moving to Drongan he apparently developed a fondness for Deadco. Sure he's been involved in amateur football over the years (as was his dad) and believe he was manager of Luger(?).  Anyway his dad and brothers seem to be back regulars at RP since their dad sold his shop.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:20 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Wick Academy away in the Scottish Cup is the dream.

Went with Threave Rovers in 2001. 10 hours in the bus some dream. At that time it was the longest journey to play a Scottish cup tie.

Since then Wick had to travel to Kirkcudbright for a tie 6miles longer from Castle Douglas.

On 10/08/2017 at 8:25 AM, BoydsFace said:

Just reading on P+B that Hurlford are giving Kilmarnock season ticket holders entry to their League games for £3 if you show your season ticket at the gate. Great offer for weekends without a home game on. Think normal entry to the juniors is £6.

I'd rather pop up the road to the bowhouse ---- it would be more exciting