TIK Are you In?

PrestersKtid

TIK Are you In?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Have you signed up to Trust in Killie yet? If not why not?

• Signed up (I'm In)
    • Not signed up because can't afford it.
    • Not signed up for another reason. Please comment

All first-team players and management staff at Motherwell have joined the Well Society, the supporters' group that runs the club.

The fans' body took over the majority shareholding at Fir Park last October.

Players and coaches have all signed up to help fund the Well Society with monthly contributions.

"I'm proud the players have taken this step as it shows what we're trying to build here has solid foundations," said manager Stephen Robinson.

"We have guys who are genuinely committed to each other as team-mates, but also to the club that does a lot for them too."

Club captain Carl McHugh added: "We are building a very strong bond as a squad, something the manager has worked hard to encourage.

"This is our place of work, but the players have a genuine affinity with this football club, it gets under your skin really quickly.

"Even the new lads who have just joined say there is a special feeling about Motherwell and that's why we have, as a squad, collectively agreed to join the 'Well Society and contribute each month.

"We want the link between the fans of the club and the players on the park to be strong. That comes from us giving 100% each and every week, but also with things like this, where we put something back because we care about this place. We are all honoured to be members."

The majority of the Well Society's income is generated from monthly contributions from members, with more than 1,000 fans signed up.

1000 fans signed up and the players joining in too, we must be doing something wrong.

We are definitely lagging, I think a lot of it is down to the apathy around the club in past 5 years. I try and like and retweet everything the trust puts out on social media but there aren't that many others it seems. The message isn't being spread enough by us the fans. Simple enough to do. 

With regards to the well players signing up , We've seen plenty of people on the "I'm in" videos, mcculloch, leven and Boyd for starters, Local MPs, Charlie Nicholas and others. 

But Are these guys actually "in"? As in signed up? I know the Charlie question was answered before and that a financial contribution might come. It still raises awareness to the cause but gives a better message to the potential subscribers if they were signed up too. Could someone in the know maybe shed some light. @baz @plunkit 

I truly believe in TIK and that we need people who know KFC to be running the club above the current Board.

after the past few weeks and after hearing stories about the internal running of the club, I have decided that I will be cancelling my subscription from this month.

i refuse to support the current board and the direction they are taking

they are taking us all, including TIK, for mugs.

8 minutes ago, Killiesub said:

I truly believe in TIK and that we need people who know KFC to be running the club above the current Board.

after the past few weeks and after hearing stories about the internal running of the club, I have decided that I will be cancelling my subscription from this month.

i refuse to support the current board and the direction they are taking

they are taking us all, including TIK, for mugs.

If you're concerned about the current board and the direction they are taking the club, then cancelling your TIK subscription may not be the most effective way of showing your displeasure.

The whole point of TIK is to get one of us on the board so that we, as fans, can have an influence on said board.

And I don't believe we are being taken for mugs.

Interesting that the board / management / players at other clubs are speaking out on support of the various initiatives that are going in at their clubs. It comes across as a very united approach. 

I haven't really heard anything from Bowie & Co about TiK or have I missed something?

Do they see it as something positive that will bring value and new ideas to the club or do they see it as an inconvenience and a group that may call them to account for their negligence and mismanagement? 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

I haven't really heard anything from Bowie & Co about TiK or have I missed something?

I've mentioned this before, BB has not openly come out and stated he supports TIK. Why should he, he has most to lose when he merely wants to pass the club to his sons

we are the most disjointed club in Scotland

everything BB puts in to the club for repairs, loans etc, he takes more ownership of the club with more and more loans to be paid back

we are now in a bigger mess than under MJ as we only had to get move one dictator

now we have three directors with no clue about running a football club with one, BB, becoming harder and harder to move out

On 9/10/2017 at 11:25 AM, BLTM said:

I've mentioned this before, BB has not openly come out and stated he supports TIK. Why should he, he has most to lose when he merely wants to pass the club to his sons

everything BB puts in to the club for repairs, loans etc, he takes more ownership of the club with more and more loans to be paid back

we are now in a bigger mess than under MJ as we only had to get move one dictator

now we have three directors with no clue about running a football club with one, BB, becoming harder and harder to move out

BB only takes more ownership if he converts his loans into shares which I'm not sure he can do willy nilly. The TIK initiative allows us to get a say in running of the club, it's been said over and over that board matters 1 person 1 vote. The trust wouldn't be trying an initiative like this if they weren't clued up. Former directors Jim Mann and Russell smith are both either signed up or involved with trust now. John Kiltie and our new secretary have been openly supportive of the venture, going to meetings and such. 

We the fanbase need to put up or shut up. Waiting for a Knight in shining armour isn't going to work long term.

Edited by PrestersKtid

1 hour ago, BLTM said:

It's absolutely depressing. We have a clueless manager, a s**tey plastic pitch and a director at the club I've no idea whether to trust or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:06 PM, PrestersKtid said:

We've seen plenty of people on the "I'm in" videos, mcculloch, leven and Boyd for starters, Local MPs, Charlie Nicholas and others. 

But Are these guys actually "in"? As in signed up? I know the Charlie question was answered before and that a financial contribution might come. It still raises awareness to the cause but gives a better message to the potential subscribers if they were signed up too. Could someone in the know maybe shed some light.

Having seen in an e-mail today the list of people who are actually "in", I'm disappointed that most of those who boasted in videos that they were "in" are nothing of the sort.

Bad enough that they should look in the camera and proclaim themselves to be "in" but I'm not sure what it says about the Trust who knew these people were telling a big fib.

People have spelt out how they are sacrificing to afford the direct debit - Sky packages, a Forest season ticket, for example - so it's a slap in the face to see some of these poster boys missing.

Are the Biffy Clyro boys represented by William and Charles Johnston? At least one of them claimed to be "in".

Disappointing. 

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

Having seen in an e-mail today the list of people who are actually "in", I'm disappointed that most of those who boasted in videos that they were "in" are nothing of the sort.

Bad enough that they should look in the camera and proclaim themselves to be "in" but I'm not sure what it says about the Trust who knew these people were telling a big fib.

People have spelt out how they are sacrificing to afford the direct debit - Sky packages, a Forest season ticket, for example - so it's a slap in the face to see some of these poster boys missing.

Are the Biffy Clyro boys represented by William and Charles Johnston? At least one of them claimed to be "in".

Disappointing. 

To be fair to those who took part in the promo videos when we first produced them "I'm In" meant that they supported the initiative, not necessarily that they were signed up and subscribing...it was a catchphrase for support, not a declaration signed in blood. Did anyone really think that Charlie Nicholas was going to pay us £25 a month? I wish he would! They were helping us promote the initiative, if that brought in more people then it was worth money to us just the same.

Charlie Nic apart, anyone else we filmed was either signed up or knew about it and was going to sign up...if they subsequently didn't then I don't really see what we could do about it. I'm disappointed in some of the people who haven't signed up as well, but I'm not going to have a go at them because I don't know their circumstances and it would be unfair to comment unless I did.

Please note that there are also people who contribute to TIK in monetary ways and other, that do not appear on the History Board example that you received today. They pay what they can, and do what they do, even though they know they don't qualify for rewards, of which the History Board is one.

1 minute ago, skygod said:

It would be surprising, but it's also surprising that someone thought he was a suitable person to promote the initiative!

Why? Famous person in advert shocker! Do you think that Harvey Keitel has Direct Line insurance or that Ryan Reynolds has a BT Smart Hub? It was an advertising campaign, the more famous people you can get promoting your wares the better, they should have tried for more and maybe it would have got more attention.

Why? Because Nicholas is closely associated with a rival football club and has no connection at all with Killie.

Anyway, I didn't bring up Nicholas. I'm more disappointed that Killie "celebrity" fans endorsing TiK appear not to be "in".

I suppose "I verbally support TiK" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Edited by skygod

I'l take the blame ...as it were...for Charlie.  I used my friendship with him to have TiK appear on Sky Sports News...the Sky Sports website and in his columns in Express and Star as well as get Scott Burns to do something on us for those papers. We got more coverage from Charlie's efforts than any other outlet except perhaps the Standard. We have had more mentions on the Sky Sports website than the Kilmarnock FC website !

Everytime I have asked him to promote TiK he has delivered the goods.

No.

I haven't signed up for various reasons, the primary one being that I have no real objection or concerns over how the club is currently being run. The decisions the Board have made to get the new manager in, amongst others, and any concerns I had over communications etc have been addressed.

In terms of playing my part with contributing to the funding of the club, I believe my season ticket and the merchandise I purchase for both myself and my family comprise a suitable percentage of my own disposable income to satisfy me that I'm "doing my bit". 

1 hour ago, jesper said:

I haven't signed up for various reasons, the primary one being that I have no real objection or concerns over how the club is currently being run. The decisions the Board have made to get the new manager in, amongst others, and any concerns I had over communications etc have been addressed.

That's great to hear, I think you'll find that the current board running the club have signed a legal contract to promote trust in killie because they want it to happen, so if you have that much faith in their leadership can we expect you to do as John Kiltie asked at the recent anniversary function and sign up as soon as you can? Getting the new manager in was a joint effort with the Trust so you're praise for a partnership you see no future in is a bit bizarre. I'll give you the improved communication bit.

1 hour ago, jesper said:

No.

In terms of playing my part with contributing to the funding of the club, I believe my season ticket and the merchandise I purchase for both myself and my family comprise a suitable percentage of my own disposable income to satisfy me that I'm "doing my bit". 

What is it you don't understand about all this pumpkin? Billy Bowie is clearly a fine chap, but so was Miles Brookson and look what happened to Gretna when he was no longer there. There is nothing to stop anyone buying out BB completely and selling off everything we have including the stadium. There is also nothing to stop anyone using us as a plaything and ploughing all the real money into another venture that they own. I thought all this spinless subservience disappeared with Johnston's acolytes and now we have fans who are willing to leave all the responsibility to someone else just because they have accumulated a bit of money. Moffat Jnr had a lot of money, yet he was the dimwit who got us into this stupid situation with the shareholding. Dundee have went bust how many times and yet the idiots keep selling their club off to the highest bidder? The current board are more than welcome to run the club but even they realise that things have to change and if we change them now slowly and surely then we can avoid the pitfalls that all the other clubs had befall them. I'm glad they are in charge too, but I'd rather they had the fans on board helping them rather than standing outside licking windows and hoping for the best.

2 hours ago, jesper said:

No.

What could they do with that initial extra £100k. What could they do with an extra £5, £10, £15 thousand a month. Where could they take the club? 

28 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

That's great to hear, I think you'll find that the current board running the club have signed a legal contract to promote trust in killie because they want it to happen, so if you have that much faith in their leadership can we expect you to do as John Kiltie asked at the recent anniversary function and sign up as soon as you can? Getting the new manager in was a joint effort with the Trust so you're praise for a partnership you see no future in is a bit bizarre. I'll give you the improved communication bit.

This is what I don't understand.

I posted a reasoned response to a thread and I get a response like this? To address some of your points:

"I think you'll find that the current board running the club have signed a legal contract to promote trust in Killie" - I never doubted there wasn't a contract, I simply posted my reasons for not investing.

"can we expect you to do as John Kiltie asked at the recent anniversary function and sign up as soon as you can?" - No, you seem to have missed my final paragraph where I state that I feel I already give the club an affordable percentage of my disposable income.

"Getting the new manager in was a joint effort with the Trust so you're praise for a partnership you see no future in is a bit bizarre." - Credit where credit is due, if it was indeed a joint effort wit TiK then that's a solid effort. However, where did I state I saw no future in it? You've just completely made that up.

Why is it that people who don't contribute to the TiK are getting a hard time for not doing so? Surely it's optional?

59 minutes ago, rb_506 said:

What is it you don't understand about all this pumpkin? Billy Bowie is clearly a fine chap, but so was Miles Brookson and look what happened to Gretna when he was no longer there. There is nothing to stop anyone buying out BB completely and selling off everything we have including the stadium. There is also nothing to stop anyone using us as a plaything and ploughing all the real money into another venture that they own. I thought all this spinless subservience disappeared with Johnston's acolytes and now we have fans who are willing to leave all the responsibility to someone else just because they have accumulated a bit of money. Moffat Jnr had a lot of money, yet he was the dimwit who got us into this stupid situation with the shareholding. Dundee have went bust how many times and yet the idiots keep selling their club off to the highest bidder? The current board are more than welcome to run the club but even they realise that things have to change and if we change them now slowly and surely then we can avoid the pitfalls that all the other clubs had befall them. I'm glad they are in charge too, but I'd rather they had the fans on board helping them rather than standing outside licking windows and hoping for the best.

I posted what I thought were quite valid reasons for not investing in TiK - as I said in another reply above, I thought participation was voluntary? I support the club in ways I can, financially and otherwise. 

If support of TiK is indeed voluntary, why are you choosing to assume that I "don't understand" the situation and then pontificating about "spineless subservience" and "acolytes" chat?

Moreover, what are you trying to achieve by calling me pumpkin? Do you think that just because I share a different viewpoint to you that I am wrong and that by calling me "pumpkin" you are belittling me and my views whilst trying to show that yours are superior? 

Edit:

Upon re-reading your post, in particular the last sentence, you seem to insinuate the people who don't invest in TiK are "window lickers" that seems somewhat divisory and needlessly insulting imho. 

Edited by jesper
Edited at foot of post

44 minutes ago, piffer said:

What could they do with that initial extra £100k. What could they do with an extra £5, £10, £15 thousand a month. Where could they take the club? 

Cheers piffer, this is the only one of three responses so far that doesn't assume I either don't understand or attempts to insult my view.

You're absolutely right - that £100k could have a huge impact; stadium repairs, player wages etc. I absolutely understand all of that - my point was simply that I contribute what I can afford, in the ways I choose to contribute it. I don't think that is wrong. I certainly believe that it's better than contributing nothing. 

Edited by jesper