TIK Are you In?

PrestersKtid

TIK Are you In?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Have you signed up to Trust in Killie yet? If not why not?

• Signed up (I'm In)
    • Not signed up because can't afford it.
    • Not signed up for another reason. Please comment

1 minute ago, jesper said:

Cheers piffer, this is the only one of three responses so far that doesn't assume I either don't understand or attempts to insult my view.

You're absolutely right - that £100k could have a huge impact; stadium repairs, player wages etc. I absolutely understand all of that - my point was simply that I contribute what I can afford, in the ways I choose to contribute it. I don't think that is wrong. It's certainly better than contributing nothing. 

Fair enough. There’s no right or wrong way to contribute funds to the club. I like this idea with TiK because I don’t purchase as much merch as I used to. The addition of a fans rep on the board is also a bonus although I think the club could have offered this as a gesture of goodwill. Obviously it’s not for everyone. 

21 minutes ago, jesper said:

Cheers piffer, this is the only one of three responses so far that doesn't assume I either don't understand or attempts to insult my view.

You're absolutely right - that £100k could have a huge impact; stadium repairs, player wages etc. I absolutely understand all of that - my point was simply that I contribute what I can afford, in the ways I choose to contribute it. I don't think that is wrong. I certainly believe that it's better than contributing nothing. 

Someone's a bit touchy eh! I do agree that you've been treated a bit harsh though, a bit of decorum please guys. I think when you take all the waffle away though that the point is you are being a bit hypocritical saying that you are happy with the way the board are running the club, part of that is them asking fans to support TIK, but you're not happy with that, so how can you be happy with the way they are running the club?

Where have I ever said I'm not happy with TiK, or what they are effectively trying to achieve?

The TiK members/investors are absolutely free to do as they see fit - as are people who don't want to go that route. I've no issue with TiK at all. My issue is the berating and insults (window lickers etc) that non-investors seem to get from some TiK members. 

I haven't been hypocritical at all - I stand by the fact that I am happy with the way the Board are currently running the club and, as stated above,  have nothing against the work or laudable efforts of the TiK. I simply choose not to be involved in the scheme. 

Why should that fact give rise to insults and other name calling? It comes across as playground bully tactics in that if you don't agree with the their opinion, you'll be singled out for derision. And that's not a good look for any inclusive club or group. 

8 hours ago, TommyG said:

Someone's a bit touchy eh! I do agree that you've been treated a bit harsh though, a bit of decorum please guys. I think when you take all the waffle away though that the point is you are being a bit hypocritical saying that you are happy with the way the board are running the club, part of that is them asking fans to support TIK, but you're not happy with that, so how can you be happy with the way they are running the club?

He just is and it’s his opinion, not sure why people can’t accept that it’s not for everyone. Is your attitude and questioning his motives going to make him decide to sign up to the direct debit. Totally wrong way to go about things and TiK is starting to become very much an Uber-fan status amongst some as can be seen by the numerous “l’m In” posts to get a pat on the back from fellow fans. 

Edited by Gaz of the 20/20

8 hours ago, jesper said:

Upon re-reading your post

He's making a list, And checking it twice; Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice. Jesper is coming to town! Couldn't find enough to get offended by the first time so double check it again, sorry mate but that's highly amusing you must see that yourself.

I don't really know why you're getting it sore here but its just a couple of folk arguing with you and now you and Gaz are trying to make out that there is some major rift between contributors and non-contributing fans. These guys don't talk for anyone from the TIK campaign so think wisely before you start making broad sweeping accusations yourself. Don't confuse banter on a football forum as anything other than that and stop taking stuff off the internet so seriously.

41 minutes ago, boaby said:

I don't really know why you're getting it sore here but its just a couple of folk arguing with you and now you and Gaz are trying to make out that there is some major rift between contributors and non-contributing fans. These guys don't talk for anyone from the TIK campaign so think wisely before you start making broad sweeping accusations yourself. 

I am a contributor so not like I'm feeling victimised, I just think peoples opinions should be accepted if they don't want to invest in TiK. There is obviously scope for much more people to be a part of it, through advertising, and raising lump sums through nights such as sportmans dinners, race nights etc but asking someone their reasons for not contributing, getting the reasons and then arguing with them about their reasons isn't going to make people change their mind.

Firstly i think the idea is good and will benefit in the long term getting a person on the board and well done to the trust for going about it with a good total so far . 

I don’t contribute to TIK , mainly because I am 24 years old and have other things going on in at the moment which I prioritise. Selfishly or not . I still pay into rugby park and follow killie and have some merchandise .

I also feel the board has addressed majority of the concerning issues recently and I’m happy with the clubs current state of affairs therefore I am less interested to join the campaign which I think a lot of others now are similar .

I am glad people are putting their money in and I’m sure there are lots of others who could easily do it and make it a lot easier for the campaign .

I don’t agree the way to go about achieving this though is by publicly shaming people who are unwilling or can’t financially contribute. Although you will get people who are desperate for approval and will feel pressured or obligated to maybe do so .

I think the campaign is lacking a leader who is engaging with fans and making it extremely clear what type of deals can be done regarding direct debits or one off sums .

Admirable work done by Trust . I think there are many people who are capable who aren’t paying in or are uninterested due to recent turn around in board issues . 

Good luck trying to get people involved .

57 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

I am a contributor so not like I'm feeling victimised, I just think peoples opinions should be accepted if they don't want to invest in TiK. There is obviously scope for much more people to be a part of it, through advertising, and raising lump sums through nights such as sportmans dinners, race nights etc but asking someone their reasons for not contributing, getting the reasons and then arguing with them about their reasons isn't going to make people change their mind.

Agree with this. 

That said (and i'm by no means talking about jesper here as he seems a decent lad) but when there is a fan on the board, you can guarantee those who are most critical of their selection will be those who have contributed fcuk all! 

47 minutes ago, Caldow said:

I think the issue is people who genuinely can’t afford it or have reservations are being lumped in with the tight-arses. 

This isn't the issue for me, people are entitled to do what they want with their own money, regardless of how much or how little they have. Yes, it would good for the initiative if these folks rolling in spare cash were to invest, but if they don't want to then that's their choice. 

The issue is the belittling of people who choose not to invest. The name calling and the other "banter", as it has been called, that gets thrown their way simply for not falling in-line with the people who choose to invest is counterintuitive and could put people off more than convince them to invest. 

Mob mentality is no way for supporters of an initiative to go about garnering further support, as Gaz said, arguing with people over their option not to invest isn't going to change their minds. 

It's also important that people not "in" are allowed their voices to be heard too... They may give reasons for not investing that can be addressed and allow the TiK board to address these, and secure theirs (and others) backing as a result - shouting them down, name-calling or other "banter" is not going to be productive in that. 

I hope the TiK does well, I've no reason not to. But it's a choice at the end of the day and people should be able to make that choice without being made to feel like a "lesser fan". 

Edited by jesper

Just for the avoidance of any doubt - nobody from the Trust Board or TiK are sledging people who do not sign up.

I posted this on another thread a few weeks back..slightly edited so you don't lose the will to live reading it..

Since TiK launched it has always been made clear that if people wanted to contribute but couldn't then nobody would be anything other than accepting of that position. People can donate as little or as much as they want / can. The rewards have to attach themselves to certain levels of donation though. People have always appreciated that.

As far as division is concerned - I sorry to say that i think this is born out of frustrations of those who see TiK as a worthwhile initiative which can deliver change being confronted with what they see as apathy towards it. By that I mean people who - let's face it - moan about the way the club is run, could afford to contribute, but cannot or don't want to see TiK as a starting point for constructive change. I have asked people to tell me their objections and i would do my best to overcome these on a 1-2-1 basis. Quite a few have, and quite a few have subsequently donated. I have, however, taken a bit of abuse from one or two people. Fair enough - that's their prerogative. TiK is about the future of the club - even the board see that. If it's not for you then fine. I would be frustrated about that, but I'm not going to have a dislike of you because of it. I'll never beat you with a stick . I will use the stick to bang the drum and make no apology for that.

Folks - TiK is about change, not just at Killie but also in Scottish football. We can be seen to lead the way here rather than the insular, apathetic support which the media seems to take pleasure in portraying us as. If it is a financial step too far then that's fine. if you believe in it regardless of donating or not please promote it in a positive manner. If you are against it and i cannot persuade you otherwise then fine. But try to appreciate it is not an 'uber fan' competition - it is a group of people who want change and who are driving forward to achieve that. 

Edited by plunkit

52 minutes ago, plunkit said:

Just for the avoidance of any doubt - nobody from the Trust Board or TiK are sledging people who do not sign up.

It's good that you have stated that, I was careful in my wordings to ensure I said members rather than figureheads/Board etc. 

However - and I appreciate it's a fine line between securing membership funds and keeping current members happy - instead of disclaiming liability, I would have expected a TiK Board member to condemn the name-calling and other "window lickers" comments that have been made.

As members of the TiK, these posters may not be seen as figureheads of the initiative, but they are still Trust members who represent the TiK and these kinds of statements are derisory and should not be accepted as "banter", fans' forum or not. 

Edited by jesper

1 hour ago, jesper said:

It's also important that people not "in" are allowed their voices to be heard too... They may give reasons for not investing that can be addressed and allow the TiK board to address these, and secure theirs (and others) backing as a result - shouting them down, name-calling or other "banter" is not going to be productive in that. 

They can have their voices for sure but shouldn't have any say over who gets elected to the board as the fans rep.

Would be different if it was a club elected fans rep but for the TIK it should, IMO but the folk who have funded the shares that get a say.

Same way non shareholders would get a say at a club AGM.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

33 minutes ago, plunkit said:

@jesper my comment above clearly states the position. You can see I am against the uber fan thing. There is no place for a slanging match here. TiK is for you or it's not. 

Agreed. And this is all I've been saying since my original post. 

However, distancing yourself from derisory comments is not the same as condemning them, and you have not done the latter. 

As I said previously, I have nothing against TiK, I just don't appreciate the mob mentality of some and trying to belittle the opinions/reason of those who don't want to invest. 

Best of luck to you and your quest to raise the £100k, I do hope you achieve your goal. 

Edited by jesper

13 minutes ago, jesper said:

However, distancing yourself from derisory comments is not the same as condemning them, and you have not done the latter. 

As I said previously, I have nothing against TiK, I just don't appreciate the mob mentality of some and trying to belittle the opinions/reason of those who don't want to invest. 

Best of luck to you and your quest to raise the £100k, I do hope you achieve your goal. 

Your obviously a wee sensitive soul who can dish it out by claiming TiK was a "clique" yet when you receive a responce to your comment, suddenly feel derided & belittled.

Get over yourself......

21 minutes ago, jesper said:

I don't think Plunkit can condemn folk for their opinion purely based on the fact they pay TIK £15-25 a month?

They entitled to their opinion after all, same way you are entitled to yours. Doesn't mean Plunkit has to agree with them (or you). He's best just stating his opinion as he has done.

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't think Plunkit can condemn folk for their opinion purely based on the fact they pay TIK £15-25 a month?

They entitled to their opinion after all, same way you are entitled to yours. Doesn't mean Plunkit has to agree with them (or you). He's best just stating his opinion as he has done.

There's a difference between opinion and name calling, to be fair. 

13 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Your obviously a wee sensitive soul who can dish it out by claiming TiK was a "clique" yet when you receive a responce to your comment, suddenly feel derided & belittled.

Get over yourself......

Case and point, sadly. Bully boy tactics from one of said clique.