TIK Are you In?

PrestersKtid

TIK Are you In?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Have you signed up to Trust in Killie yet? If not why not?

• Signed up (I'm In)
    • Not signed up because can't afford it.
    • Not signed up for another reason. Please comment

1 hour ago, Brianstorm said:

Publishing that photo is a disgrace for this reason. 

That comment from me was semi tongue in cheek. At the end of the day I signed up because I believe in the cause, not because of the message. The message just helped to motivate me.

Incidentally, me signing up motivated a friend to do so also. Therefore, if this is a trend, I would suggest the ends justify the means.

22 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

That comment from me was semi tongue in cheek. At the end of the day I signed up because I believe in the cause, not because of the message. The message just helped to motivate me.

Incidentally, me signing up motivated a friend to do so also. Therefore, if this is a trend, I would suggest the ends justify the means.

Brian is purely looking for a reaction but it’s easier just to ignore and not feed the troll.

I don't think for a minute that this was a deliberate attempt to shame anyone into it but the reaction by quite a few has been pretty distasteful. Naming and shaming of numerous players, employees and high profile fans is out of order. Phrases like "let down" and "disappointed" being rolled out help nobody.

While some may be shamed into joining I would suggest it has reinforced negative impressions that will put off even more people that were on the fence.

Im happily joining up payday, probably should have done it sooner. SquirrelH has gave me the guidelines. But fifteen pounds a month is alot of cash. Genuinely alot of cash. Lets not throw stones at fans, that are without doubt better than me but cant give the money. We are gonna get there. Well on our way

2 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

Feels like a dirty tactic to me. Weeks of posts about how people aren't sharing it enough on twitter, about how numbers aren't high enough, about how there's dissapointment from the organisers around who hasn't joined of their friends/family etc......... then a poster literally naming everyone who has contributed is posted out there to the killie community? Why? 

Was there a conversation in a a pub - I know how we can get more people paying, let's whack out a poster in public and literally put the name of each individual who has paid on it, even if they didn't agree to it or know anything about it, that'll shame everyone whose not on it to join, well some anyway, others will realise they are being publicly outed (one of our friends literally had told nobody he's contributed to this until the world was told on this poster, not that they're really bothered, but is that really appropriate? Some people might be)

Feels a bit like a let's shame as many killie fans as possible amongst their mates who aren't contributing for being not as killie as those who are on the picture. 

Let's just hope folk aren't signing up today who always wanted to but really can't afford it because every penny is a prisoner, but this poster has embarrassed them into doing so. 

To me that poster is shaming folk into joining the group and it's a poor way to go about way to go about your business, but as you say, people are signing up so if you get the money, that's what it's all about so fair enough. 

From the outset it was stated that there would be a board displayed in or around Rugby Park listing those who had signed up for one of the monthly options. The poster is a mock up of what will be displayed. Nothing more. There was a very similar thing when Fifty for the Future was about. 

9 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

Let's just hope folk aren't signing up today who always wanted to but really can't afford it because every penny is a prisoner, but this poster has embarrassed them into doing so. 

Or maybe they’ve realised that they’ve just been lazy or a tight-arse. 

What a shamefully embarrassing read....first thing to note it was clearly stated in the beginning that a board with the names of the contributors would be created and placed somewhere at the stadium....

If you did not want your name on the board you could have stated such,

TIK in all their requests for financial support have clearly stated only support financially if you can afford it....

Does having your name on a seat as a season ticket holder or your name on a brick make you an Uber fan and divisive and rubbing other fans faces in it?

My personal opinion is that if a fan can only afford to attend RP or support, TIK but not both that they attend RP....

Surely Fans of all clubs see the benefit of them owning the majority of shares in their club.....

Time for the fans to stick together and not be put off supporting TIK or forced into it by others and rather only if they believe in the concept and most importantly only if they can afford it.. 

On 23/11/2017 at 10:03 PM, rb_506 said:

What is it you don't understand about all this pumpkin? Billy Bowie is clearly a fine chap, but so was Miles Brookson and look what happened to Gretna when he was no longer there. There is nothing to stop anyone buying out BB completely and selling off everything we have including the stadium. There is also nothing to stop anyone using us as a plaything and ploughing all the real money into another venture that they own. I thought all this spinless subservience disappeared with Johnston's acolytes and now we have fans who are willing to leave all the responsibility to someone else just because they have accumulated a bit of money. Moffat Jnr had a lot of money, yet he was the dimwit who got us into this stupid situation with the shareholding. Dundee have went bust how many times and yet the idiots keep selling their club off to the highest bidder? The current board are more than welcome to run the club but even they realise that things have to change and if we change them now slowly and surely then we can avoid the pitfalls that all the other clubs had befall them. I'm glad they are in charge too, but I'd rather they had the fans on board helping them rather than standing outside licking windows and hoping for the best.

You are a bit of a wank int ye.

Agree with what some others have said, people shouldn't be shamed for not joining TIK. Just because someone doesn't join does nog mean they are against it. 

I haven't joined it because im a student and can't afford to pay an extra 15 quid a month on top of everything else that I am paying for but I agree with the idea of it. 

Hope it succeeds but I wish all the wee snidey uber fans who feel the need to congratulate everyone who is a member and shame everyone who isnt would give it a rest.

I must admit to being surprised that such a list has been circulated publicly.  Who on behalf of TiK is registered as Data Controller with ICO?  How are they feeling about this?  Hope they have explicit permission from everyone.

As for 'shaming', yes, I would agree that it's important to move the narrative away from 'why haven't you signed up yet?' back to the core message / objectives behind the initiative.  Better to have people sign up through positivity, rather than a measure to nullify guilt / nagging etc.  I'm sure the TiK guys completely agree, but I'd recommend that caution be taken in the tone of updates/adverts.

Whether some people have felt 'shame' or not, I'm not buying that some people would choose to sign up if they genuinely couldn't afford to do so.  Brian's wee story is something straight out of the Daily Mail or equivalent.  "Sorry kids, I know you wanted a bike for Christmas, but people who sit next to me at the fitba have signed up to get someone else a place on the board, and I couldn't face being singled out".  Nah.  

I think the TiK guys are doing a really good job, as are those who have signed up, in getting the word out there and encouraging pals to sign up.  Would love to see more done by the club itself to encourage the initiative (10% off drinks at the sports bar for TiK members, a free pie each month, 20% off gym membership, 25% off a trip to hospitality, a special hospitality just for TiK members at discounted rate, WHATEVER).  In the meantime, keep the language positive, and to those being dicks- stop being dicks.  Well done on getting to the half way stage.

28 minutes ago, skygod said:

I know the Trust will defend it, but I don't think the "Call yourself a supporter" slogan was well-advised.

I'd hope, and believe, that the Trust would concede that they are far from marketing experts, business geniuses, financial wizards etc.  They are a bunch of guys busting their nuts to help the club, which is 100 times more than I do.  Unfortunately, when you don't have access to 1000 people willing to volunteer, and you're having to make decisions quickly (after a shift at work), then things aren't going to be perfect all of the time.  

As such, while we would expect those who make poorly-advised decisions (and I'd agree that the above slogan is counter-productive) to admit it, we too must be supportive enough to concede that mistakes will be made and not to get on their back when they happen.  

The best we can expect from the Trust and other fans organisations is that they act with the right intentions. 

12 hours ago, Merk said:

From the outset it was stated that there would be a board displayed in or around Rugby Park listing those who had signed up for one of the monthly options. The poster is a mock up of what will be displayed. Nothing more. There was a very similar thing when Fifty for the Future was about. 

Correct. Nothing has changed. Apart from folk looking to be offended. 

Shortly after TiK launched, it was suggested that forum users who subscribed should have a badge under their name similar to the Trust symbol. It was then argued that this would be divisive and unfair to non-subscribers. I feel the posting of The History Board seems to have had the same effect on here, although I do not believe that was the intention. Let me be clear- I am proud to be a Trust member and a TiK subscriber. I wish many more would sign up. I think many giving a little is preferable to a few having to give more. I am all for debate on here about the issue but it bothers me when an articulate, sensible and level headed fan like @jesper (who I think would be an asset to the Trust and TiK) feels he cannot give an opinion without getting abuse. In saying that, that's not TiK's fault- that's the internet for you, I guess.