Dicker

DrewWylie

• 2 weeks later...

Lee McCulloch has built a youthful and vibrant squad at Kilmarnock. Pressed into playing youngsters last season after Lee Clark’s fateful and fruitless recruitment drive of players he found on the corner of English clubs looking for a game, the likes of Iain Wilson, Greg Taylor and Adam Frizzell gained crucial experience.

Understandably there was optimism for the season ahead. But they have started with three league defeats, humbling in the Betfred Cup to Celtic and also embarrassment in the defeat to tier three rivals Ayr United.

A common theme runs through all the defeats: No Gary Dicker.

They missed him in midfield last season but that was because he was marshalling the defence alongside Kristoffer Ajer, who was on the opposite side on Saturday afternoon. Both players were capable of stepping out of defence, giving the team a drive from deep. Wilson also impressed with his composure in midfield.

With Wilson playing in defence and Dicker missing altogether, Killie midfield is lightweight, lacks a controlling presence and is a bit too flimsy. Opposition sides will look at Killie’s midfield and they simply won’t be cowed. They will see one which can be dominated.

The sooner Dicker is back in midfield and partnered with Wilson it will give Killie a much more robust spine. Not only are they two sound football players, but they will bring a presence and free up Killie’s sprightly attacker. In stages they displayed the pace which they possess and will hurt teams. But they need direction in the centre of midfield.

(The Scotsman)

27 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Could not agree more.

Pity our manager sees life differently per his piece in the Standard

I cant believe that McCulloch doesn't see it but he doesn't want to publicly criticise the players who are in those positions at the moment and it would also mean admitting Power has been a bad signing - something which he has tried to explain away with a total load of nonsense

But last year’s player of the year, Gary Dicker, is still a bit away from a return to the first team fold.

McCulloch revealed: “Gary’s still two or three weeks away but we’re desperate to get him back and playing because he’s an important player for us.

“He was the player of the year last season and I think we have missed him in the midfield.”

(Record)

2 hours ago, skygod said:

But last year’s player of the year, Gary Dicker, is still a bit away from a return to the first team fold.

McCulloch revealed: “Gary’s still two or three weeks away but we’re desperate to get him back and playing because he’s an important player for us.

“He was the player of the year last season and I think we have missed him in the midfield.”

(Record)

Closer than I thought... however he can't be match fit. If he's avoided adding a midfielder because he's relying on Dicker and Kiltie then he's an imbecile!!

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:47 PM, skygod said:

(Record)

I'd imagine Dundee at home is the game he's aiming for.