Irn-Bru Cup v Berwick

Jedi2

What sort of side are we likely to put out on Tuesday night? Obviously Under 20s, but will the likes of Wilson, Frizzell and even Taylor feature? Chance for Hawkshaw, Graham, Cameron etc. We have also added a few bodies to the 20s, with Mouanda, Miller, Scally etc. Will be interesting to see how they get on against a Senior side.

Obviously last season was a bit of tanking from Queen's Park at this stage, and indeed most SPL sides 20's didn't make much impact on the competition.

It seems unfair to play these matches when the Development League hasn't started yet. 

No point in playing I Wilson, Frizzell and Taylor imo. 

Team along the lines of MacKay, Queen, A Wilson, Higgins, McLevy, Mouanda, Hawkshaw (if eligible), Jeffries, Graham, Cameron, Samizadeh, McDonald, Dempsie, Scally. 

Edited by skygod

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

It seems unfair to play these matches when the Development League hasn't started yet. 

No point in playing I Wilson, Frizzell and Taylor imo. 

Team along the lines of MacKay, Queen, A Wilson, Higgins, McLevy, Mouanda, Hawkshaw (if eligible), Jeffries, Graham, Cameron, Samizadeh, McDonald, Dempsie. 

Looks good on paper!!!

I'm sure I read that you can play 2 over age in this competition now

If so Power and Boydie (fat chance of it happening, pun intended) need games to get fitter

Just checked

Yes I did see it

7.4 In the case of Colt Teams participating in the Competition, Players who qualify as Under 20 Players and who would be eligible to Play in the Development League for the Club/club concerned, are eligible to Play in the Competition.

7.5 A Colt Team shall be permitted, but not obliged, to Play a maximum of two Over Age Players in any Match.

If playing any over age players, then surely it should be the 2 who need games and are in consideration for Saturday....

btw is Millen helping out the first team on match days at all? , only spotted Macdonald assisting Leven and taking some of the pre game routines on the pitch.

Edited by Scouser2

The only eligible u20 players at Killie (those born 1998 or younger) are:

Lyle and Miller (goalies), Frizzell, I.Wilson, Queen, A Wilson, Higgins, Dempsie, McLevy, Mouanda, Jeffries, Graham, Cameron, Samizadeh, McDonald, Scally, Barr.

However it is unlikely Frizzell or I.Wilson will feature.

If there is a rule change this year that allows 2 over age players then that might include Hawkshaw and Spencer? There is obviously a strong case for getting some of the first team match practice though.

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

btw is Millen helping out the first team on match days at all? , only spotted Macdonald assisting Leven and taking some of the pre game routines on the pitch.

Since Lee McCulloch took over as interim/manager Paul McDonald has always been in the dugout. Andy Millen has been watching the games from the Frank Beattie Stand.

29 minutes ago, TroonKFC said:

The only eligible u20 players at Killie (those born 1998 or younger) are:

Lyle and Miller (goalies), Frizzell, I.Wilson, Queen, A Wilson, Higgins, Dempsie, McLevy, Mouanda, Jeffries, Graham, Cameron, Samizadeh, McDonald, Scally, Barr

What about Taylor? He's not 20 until November.