Irn-Bru Cup v Berwick

Jedi2

3 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Hearts U20 's losing 2-0 to Formartine.

What is the point of this stupid Cup ?

That's the type of comment an Old firm fan makes after they get knocked out a cup.

It's good for our youths experience wise and it's good to give "diddy, diddy teams" something to play for

7 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

That's the type of comment an Old firm fan makes after they get knocked out a cup.

It's good for our youths experience wise and it's good to give "diddy, diddy teams" something to play for

No the whole idea of Colt teams playing this competition is nonsense. "Experience wise" it means nothing because most of the U20 teams will get knocked out after R1, so they'll get next to nothing out of it.

Also, the SPFL are using the Challenge Cup to test the waters for eventually bringing Colt teams into the senior pyramid setup which would be disastrous for teams like Berwick and others in Champ, League 1/2.

Literally men against boys here, few decent touches from Killie but the physical difference is having a big effect, now that Higgins is off our centre defence is tiny, samizadeh and graham showing soon good flashes and look the only two that's going to create anything, Stevie Smith definitely not standing out as a first team player (I know it's his first game back but still) you'd expect a captain to lead and coach the young boys through this game but for me he isn't even trying too unless he's doing it very quietly............. can hear samizadeh tryng to tell the boys what runs to make etc but Smith just isn't, I might be being biased as I have never rated Smith as a first choice pick never mind as captain though.

14 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

U20 teams, Welsh, Northern Irish teams, it's beyond diddy. How does it give our U20's experience, when they were knocked out after one round last season and look to be doing the same this season ?They'll get tougher experience when reserve leagues come back next season or the following one.

Edited by Wrangodog