Open Training Session

C4mmy31

I'm not sure why the donors of the red cards to my post above took offence. 

I can only think they must consider under two days notice to be just fine. 

Maybe someone at the club saw that Bury had such an open training session recently, only they announced it 12 days in advance. 

The club is to be congratulated on the initiative but a little more notice and advertising would have been good. 

Edited by skygod

40 minutes ago, skygod said:

I'm not sure why the donors of the red cards to my post above took offence. 

I can only think they must consider under two days notice to be just fine. 

Maybe someone at the club saw that Bury had such an open training session recently, only they announced it 12 days in advance. 

The club is to be congratulated on the initiative but a little more notice and advertising would have been good. 

I red carded this one for a laugh, Skygod. Maybe the other two were the same :) 

I think because the schools go back on Thursday the club thought it would be good to get a session in before then. 

I hope that this will become a regular event during the school holidays.

The club have been very busy with start of the season, open day, reorganising the club from top to bottom and perhaps this took a back seat. Anyway, it is on now and I think it is a great idea for the kids to see the players at close quarters going through their training. 

I know the KFCSA are fully behind this open door policy for the fans. We need more of this and as time goes on, I am sure we will see more initiatives being brought forward. 

Remember that the club does not have all the ideas. If you have an idea, put it to the club. There may be reasons that it will not fly, but I would like to think that you will be heard.

Edited by CBFC

14 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Lee Mac said at the beginning of his tenure that he would welcome open sessions. So, for me, was always going to happen. Not a panic reaction in my opinion.

Doesn't really explain why they never told anyone about it!

Wasn't even mentioned in Programme or at the game(s)

Edited by Squirrelhumper

17 hours ago, skygod said:

Good idea but under two days notice isn't great. 

Looks like it was arranged on the spur of the moment. It could have been promoted at the Open Day 

A lot of people who would have been interested won't hear about it. 

Anyway, good to see that it's being done. 

agree.

I help run an amateur team and would have liked to see what I could have learned at this session but don't have enough time to re-jig commitments in order to get along 

Be funny if it's all about passing and moving and marking runners from midfield and actually defending against cross balls then come Saturday they revert back to what we've been watching! If the training looks organised then the players do the opposite on game day where do you go? Can't just get rid of them all and start again!