1 or 2 new players?

Mogwai

I'm sure I read that McCulloch wanted 1, possibly 2 new players, presumably a nippy striker and a midfielder.

Is Eammon Brophy still in the frame? I've seen others mention Lewis Vaughan at Raith 

Personally I'd like to have seen us try for Andy Ryan, but Dunfermline have just signed him.

Any further forward on Martin Woods? Someone mentioned he was in the stand at one of our games.

Certainly hope if there is any funds left that a better midfielder is the first priority ........LM has stayed away from the loan market so far but  would hope he utilises all options to find better quality

The interest in Brophy to add to our forward options has been ongoing for over a month  , so not sure why deal not been done unless the budget is all but used up .......though he is out of contract would we still need to pay a development fee?

Accies are due a development fee of some form for Brophy. From what I've heard that's what's holding that move up. 

Its probably stretching it a bit but I'd still like to see two CMs in. Someone to hold things together either with or without Dicker and someone to make things happen. The latter could be a short term deal until January when hopefully Kiltie has returned.

when we were first linked with Martin Woods I thought he would be a signing that would keep us at the same level and wouldn't improve our side, but after seeing our midfield i would bite your hand off for him, a midfielder with a bit of experience, isn't scared to get in about it and can play a pass. 

Tbh think is desperation stages just for a centre mid.

If our budget is stretched why are we considering paying a fee for a back up striker seems mental, I think we could get by with Boyd, Erwin, Samadizah and Mckensie, Cameron if need be as our strikers. Priority is centre mid and centre half!!

Just now, ki11ie said:

when we were first linked with Martin Woods I thought he would be a signing that would keep us at the same level and wouldn't improve our side, but after seeing our midfield i would bite your hand off for him, a midfielder with a bit of experience, isn't scared to get in about it and can play a pass. 

Tbh think is desperation stages just for a centre mid.

If our budget is stretched why are we considering paying a fee for a back up striker seems mental, I think we could get by with Boyd, Erwin, Samadizah and Mckensie, Cameron if need be as our strikers. Priority is centre mid and centre half!!

McKenzie play defensive or attack midfielder 

Samizdah play winger

Recuitment so far looks to be poor with a couple of decents in there.

The goodish:-

Erwin:- Looked good against Dumbarton and St Johnstone. Not so much against Hearts. Will probably do ok

Thomas:- Looks good and direct. Will be interesting to see if he can produce in the spfl premiership.

Greer looks decent, a few slips but should be solid enough

Initial impressions of the others:-

O'Donnell:- Not much technique, very one footed, looks uncomfortable, can't defend.

Broadfoot:- Sluggish, doesn't read the game well, not the best passer.

Powers:- immobile, unfit, really off the pace

Burke:- Good touches, but brushed aside too easy. Looks to be suffering the effects of the virus he had.

Young guys:-

Higgins,Waters and Alex S, too little game time but from initial impressions not at the level yet!

Cammy Bell:- Seems to have curly hair now! Not sure why we signed him if we don't have enough cash for a center mid.

It is still early but combined with a hoofball, nay movement style we look rotten.

We need the next 2 players to hit the ground running.

We need a dynamic and creative midfielder, another Liam Kelly if you like. Someone who can pick out players ahead of him and cause a bit of bother for the opposition defences in the final third.

Defensively, I think as the season progresses, it will become apparent that we'll be fine. I'd like to see Higgins given a chance in place of Broadfoot, especially after the uproar among Dundee supporters when he left - some were really sad to see him leave.

And in the striker department, I think Brophy would be a welcome addition. Nippy, fast and would offer a different dimension as opposed to the burly figures of Boyd and Erwin (not saying being big and strong is a bad thing).

But most of all, we need someone that we've already got, just injured...Dicker. We are desperately missing his calming influence and experience in the middle of the park. Perhaps, as someone said, a loan in this area would be ideal, even until January.

11 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Cammy Bell:- Seems to have curly hair now! Not sure why we signed him if we don't have enough cash for a center mid.

This. Why didn't we use that part of the wage bill on a midfielder. Not another goalkeeper! Not saying I'm unhappy to see Cammy back but pushing sentiment to one side, think a midfielder instead would've been more wise.

19 minutes ago, skygod said:

I thought that was what we were doing?

Ah! You mean a loan....

15 days left in the transfer window. I would think our options are limited in the loan market ether with choice, cost or both. Anyone half decent that is available is outwith our cost base, unless someone is going to finance the cost of a free agent or loanee from the English Championship. There's the likes of Joe Ledley and Danny Guthrie, but how much are they looking for as a wage, £15-£20k a week? 

I don't think there's anyone in Scotland suitable for centre of midfield role that is free or in fact any club in Scotland willing to lend. Personally I think he's gambling on Dicker making a quick recovery. However the way our CB's are playing he may have to slot in there.