1 or 2 new players?

Mogwai

10 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

Mark Hill definitely looks set to join on loan from Celtic

I can't get too excited about a 19 year-old with no first-team experience. 

Before anyone says "Ajer", he had played a fair bit in Norway. 

Anyway, hope I'm wrong if it comes to pass. 

1 minute ago, fraz65 said:

Mark Hill doesn't have a Wikipaedia page.

Players who we've signed without a Wikipaedia page have had a 100% failure rate so far. 

Thank god for that. I don't think we should be signing any player who has a page on a site of THAT nature. 

Wikipedia would be far more reputable. 

11 hours ago, Chris1810 said:

Never heard of him. Is he a Midfielder?

According to The Sun report he's a defender.....

CELTIC defender Mark Hill could join Kilmarnock on loan.

SunSport understands the former Hamilton kid is set to be farmed out by the Hoops.

Kristoffer Ajer spent a successful season at Rugby Park last term before returning to Parkhead.

Now Hill, 19, could be about to follow the same path.

He joined the Hoops five years ago after appearing for Accies in a second string game aged just 13.

Hill penned a new 3 year deal in May and started the friendly with Lyon last month.

He looks a big lump of a lad.....

20170817_085321.png

Edited by C4mmy31
Picture added

13 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

We're desparate, lad........

I think Sandman might be underestimating the importance of THAT position. Its the player that makes things tick. The lynchpin. Eremenko, Durrant (albeit more creative than most) Bryson, Kelly all brought the game down a notch when under pressure and took it took the opposition when on top. Dicker falls well into that category. Very capable of turning things in your favour with the drop of a shoulder. 

But he is way off just now and we need options. Id not be against a loan in this instance.

Edited by cammy_boy
Typo

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

It worries me that we don't appear to be linked to any midfielders either permanent or loan.

We need McCulloch to recognise there is a problem in that area no matter what any of us think......

I'm sure he's fully aware of the midfield problem. What we want to know is what is he doing about it, even in the short term. LM has again made comment about signing another striker. If he does sign another striker then that's more money out of the playing budget along with the cost of signing Bell, which I'm still scratching my head over, unless McDonald is moving on. When the reality is we are screaming out for a quality midfielder. Was the signing of Bell that critical?

1 minute ago, Doonhamer said:

I'm sure he's fully aware of the midfield problem. What we want to know is what is he doing about it, even in the short term. LM has again made comment about signing another striker. If he does sign another striker then that's more money out of the playing budget along with the cost of signing Bell, which I'm still scratching my head over, unless McDonald is moving on. When the reality is we are screaming out for a quality midfielder. Was the signing of Bell that critical?

That's exactly my point, I've yet to read any comment from McCulloch where he directly mentions a lacking in midfield, seems to me, apart from Power, his signings suggest it's the defence & forward areas he's far more concerned about.....

17 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

That's exactly my point, I've yet to read any comment from McCulloch where he directly mentions a lacking in midfield, seems to me, apart from Power, his signings suggest it's the defence & forward areas he's far more concerned about.....

The dicker/kiltie situation hasn't helped matters. It appears power was signed as back up for Dicker, O'donnell being pants at RB has meant we've deployed wilson there so even less of a midfield. Mckenzie will be a hot and cold player all his career, great some weeks then chronic the others. Frizzell can be quality but needs experience beside him.