1 or 2 new players?

Mogwai

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

It might be that players become a lot more affordable in the next month or so because they are desperate to get fixed up with a club. 

Gordon Greer played with Guthrie & Low at Blackburn. Low was captain. Even a short term deal, IF we could afford it, which I doubt.

What kind of money do you think they were on at Blackburn? 

30 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

Gordon Greer played with Guthrie & Low at Blackburn. Low was captain. Even a short term deal, IF we could afford it, which I doubt.

What kind of money do you think they were on at Blackburn? 

Way more than we could afford. The longer they go without a club the more chance they won't get one. Lee Clark mentioned that signing a free agent whose been out the game for a few months is far from ideal given the time it takes them to get up to speed. It'd be an almighty long shot but players outwith our price range may be persuaded to sign a short term deal to keep them involved. A decent few months up here and they can get a decent enough move back down south. 

Jason Lowe will probably end up at  a Championship club, the likes of Bolton or Preston. 

The idea of him coming to Killie on a short-term deal is, with respect, ridiculous. 

A much more likely option would be Ian Black (shudder). 

Edited by skygod

38 minutes ago, killiefife said:

I wonder if we are holding back signings until we see how Celtic get on in the Champions League Qualifier. I assume if they get a result over the two legs and qualify for the Group Stages we will again receive a decent payment from UEFA which could finance a couple of new faces.

£250k apparently that could get us 2 players. And with Celtic ticket money, could we use this money to get 3 much needed players  

10 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

I'm sure the Celtic Champions League money is paid at the end of the season.  Will help with next season's budget in the Championship such is our current direction of travel!

I don't like to project too far ahead based on two or three games but that is the destination I foresee unless LM has some deeper depths to dig to.

The signing of Cammy Bell was a strange one, surely that wage should have been used on a centre midfielder? McDonald is the least of our problems and I think it would have been sufficient to have a young goalie as back up.

Dicker now has the pressure of coming back and being this world class midfielder we've built up in our heads because the rest of the team has fallen apart (Dicker is a good player but not the messiah)

If we play this midfield and defence for the season we are in serious trouble