Jo Swinson

Mcilroy56

3 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Many people in England, I didn't see much of a swing to Labour in Scotland at the last election. Those that swung from Labour to SNP in the previous election did not return to Labour but instead went to the Tories, check the figures. Labour fell 328k from 2010 to 2015 whilst only recovering 10k in 2017, SNP increased by 963k from 2010 to 2015 and lost 477k in 2017. Lib Dem lost 220k from 2010 to 2015 and a further 43k in 2017 whilst Tories gained 21k in 2015 and 324k in 2017. So your arguement in Scotland does not stack up, they have shipped over 300k votes to the Tories whilst SNP support is double what it was in 2010. There is no denying the Red Tories tag in Scotland, the figures speak for themselves.

PS, always the poor sole, lighten up about the "pal" jest for heavens sake. Anyway, I was out of a job 6 months later and lost a s**tload with my shares so the baleout didn't do me much good really.

A lot of facts there from you, mcilroy!! God to know I'm still your bestest friend in the whole world,though :) 

On 18/08/2017 at 8:50 AM, Mclean07 said:

He described New Labour as Tories. A tired argument when you look at the legislation passed that a Tory government would never have passed in a hundred years. The the SNP are a centrist party that pretty much go along the lines of New Labour. Very middle of the road.

Mcilroy will be very grateful you've bailed hm out though. Politics is not his subject. At least gdevoy had a go. 

You're talking about legislation the SNP simply haven't had the power to pass, not even in a hundred years. New Labour made sure of that with a hamstrung parliament. 

Its a tired argument you keep using to bail yourself out. There's simply no way of knowing if an independent Scottish government, faced with the same challenges Labour faced, would have been more progressive or not. You have to remember oil wasn't $40 a barrel or whatever unionists cling to now. Go back even further and we could be in the enviable position of Norway. It's all if's and buts.