Homesick: Manager in the Standard

MarkD1989KTID

Lee McCulloch has been interviewed in the standard regarding our league start with a particular focus on the home good form. . . his plans for going forward are alarming. . . 

- We've tried everything pre match to change attitude and approach to home games to no avail.

- style of play was not mentioned and so must not be a concern or factor in his mind.

- we need another striker and another Centre half.

- We DO NOT need and WILL NOT be bringing in any centre midfielders as that's where the majority of our youth players play. 

- Alan Power was never signed to play every week but instead signed to help the young players. 

This raises many questions. . .

what qualifies a non league player whose not good enough or fit enough for the first team to bring on our development players? 

if we have so many young players able to play this position. . . Where are they? they need to be ready for the first team now as we are playing a headless chicken out of position over them at the moment. 

The Power signing smacks of your waddingtons of last year. Thought scottish football would be a piece of piss, and has since been found out. Difference being, last years 'holiday in scotland, with a couple of easy game chucked in to break up the boredom' brigade, were loans and could be sent packing at the drop of a hat. Power is a full signing, no?

Like Waddington Power hasn't passed Go either. What a load of disingenuous flim flam from our 'manager', If he was brought in to help youngsters then why was he first pick against *** picked against Clyde hooked at h-t then played only a couple of short sub appearances. He's 29 hardly a veteran. He was signed as a tough tackling midfielder. The 'manager' can't admit justifiably perhaps that he's a dud. He shouldn't have been signed. This is an excuse.

2 hours ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

- We've tried everything pre match to change attitude and approach to home games to no avail.

Clearly "everything" has not been tried as he has not found something that works.

I agree with the many comments above they sound like the remarks of a guy close to the exit door. I am genuinely surprised and disappointed as I genuinely thought we had finally found somebody a level above AJ and Locke. On the evidence so far I was wrong.

Not sure Clark was any better but he did have contacts. Ayer was a good loan acquisition and despite what some people think Sammon did grab a few goals for us.

To clarify that wasn't a quote from McCulloch I was bullet pointing what I took from the article. it's back page of the standard. he mentions trying pre match in the hotel, pre match out with the hotel, revealing the team close to kick off, giving the team plenty of time in advance. to tackle our home form.

in my mind. . clearly none of this has worked

I think the majority of fans were in favour of giving LM a go. He did reasonably well last season. Mostly due to a bit of consistency in team selection and making us a bit harder to beat. 

This season so far has been really poor. To my mind we've had 3 big games and lost them all. Ayr, St J and Hearts. Credit where it's due we were good 2nd half vs Dumbarton and maybe slightly unlucky against St.J. didnt see the Clyde or Annan games though both decent results. 

By all accounts the hounding at Celtic park was unsurprising but still disheartening. 

The signings concern me the most. He can spin the Power thing however he wants. He supposed to be playing no doubt about that. As is O'Donnell. Broadfoot has made a really bad start. Higgins, Watters and Samizadeh aren't ready. Bell will be on good £ but isn't playing. 

Greer and Thomas look good. Erwin also. 

More negatives than positives by far. Very early days so I'm still backing him and hoping the return of Dicker makes a big difference. That said 2/3 more bad results and the tide will be well and truly turned on LM. 

He needs a performance and a result very soon. 

would be interesting to see the full article but do hope his real opinions are not what has been given to the press 

Re yet another Centre half instead of a midfielder or 2

-- in terms of better quality yes we do need one but he has already been given the budget to bring in Greer and Broadfoot who will be amongst the highest paid at club --and both have no resale value ----added to that he gave Scott Boyd a new contract and also signed Higgins --- with also Dicker who can  play there if needed

I would like to read the article in full. However I don't get the standard in Dumfries & I'm in Bristol this weekend for a wedding so won't be at the game. Can anyone confirm the full interview, is it on line?

As posted previously it's what I thought regarding the midfield. He feels he has the right mix.

12 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

To clarify that wasn't a quote from McCulloch I was bullet pointing what I took from the article. it's back page of the standard. he mentions trying pre match in the hotel, pre match out with the hotel, revealing the team close to kick off, giving the team plenty of time in advance. to tackle our home form.

in my mind. . clearly none of this has worked

That sounds like the type of incidental stuff that Clark talked about.  What will make a difference is having the team properly set up with everyone knowing what their job is