Club Announce New SLO

Calummoore86

Awesome.. 

http://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=6080

The Kilmarnock Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Allen Kyle as the Club’s Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO).

Allen, who has been a season ticket holder at Rugby Park for over 30 years and is currently vice-chairman of the Kilmarnock Football Club Supporters Association (KFCSA), will start his new role with immediate effect.

The role of SLO is recognised by UEFA and the Scottish FA in the context of the Club Licensing regulatory framework and is therefore an important component in the Club’s relationship with its supporters.

UEFA see three key main objectives for an SLO:

- Managing the flow of communications between fans and the Club shareholders.
- Assisting and advising fans.
- Liaising with safety officers, police and stewards to minimise potential issues.

After his appointment, Allen said: “I’m delighted to accept the role of SLO. I have followed the Club for many years through the leagues and have witnessed some unforgettable Club triumphs, so I know what it is to be a Killie fan. My main aim is to make sure that I aid and improve the relationship between the Club and supporters’ groups/individual fans. It is also important to maintain regular contact with my opposite number at fellow league clubs so we can enhance the match day experience for both our own and visiting fans”

The appointment of Allen as SLO is integral in maintaining and improving communication throughout the Club, both internally and externally.  Allen’s commitment to the Club over many years will have provided him with the knowledge and skills required to carry out his role effectively.  The Board of Directors and staff welcome this appointment and wish Allen every success”

Edited by Calummoore86

Good luck to the guy, does this mean we have to get another training top printed up with AK on it? 9_9 SMILE EMOJI IN CASE YOU DON'T NOTICE

In all seriousness, I don't remember then announcing the other guy leaving or the club thanking him for the crap he took on their part. I also assumed that if we had a new one that it would have been advertised this time and not just picked by the board. Only Killie could take a fan driven initiative and take fans out of the equation! >:( ANGRY EMOJI - NOT REALLY HAPPY ABOUT THAT

Good Luck to him 

hope he takes on the role fully as it's supposed to be and be open to all

and not have the disadvantaged position of the previous holder who seemed to quickly lose any kind of significance or credibility partly down to the restrictions placed on him by a former director

1 minute ago, Calummoore86 said:

The fact that Allen has been involved with the KFCSA and not a hand picked MJ puppet will go a long way to restoring the relationship between the club and the fans. Best of luck to him. Great appointment.

I'm not saying for a minute he's in the mould of the last guy but he is hand picked by the club. Being involved with the KFCSA means nothing by the way, there have been a log line of brown nosers involved with that organisation down the years - not all of them by any means - but some real stand outs.

I don't see any positive changes at the club/ we don't advertise for the CEO position and get a secretary to run our club now we don't advertise for our SLO and get a guy, who, by all accounts, is a bit of a loner.

engaging with this guy will be interesting like the last SLO

surely the club should have advertised or spoken to TIK about supporters who could have taken this position. Did they?

why doesn't the club do the simple things correctly?

21 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

He was until he was hounded off by personal abuse.

I suspect plenty of that would come with the territory of SLO. 

The job calls for a total extrovert with the skin of a rhino, with the charisma to walk into a mosque and get half the folks there to join him down the pub not in the pocket of the club and not afraid to let everyone know.

When Aberdeen were looking for a new SLO they advertised the vacancy, although judging by the duty list there was surely  some payment involved. Some worrying signs that the club aren't communicating with fans, this appointment coming out of the blue, no mention of the communications post being filled, and the open day taking place with as yet no report or photographs on the official site.

I don't get why people think that the club need to run things past the fans. I have seen nothing that requires an SLO to be picked by fans, vetted by fans or whatever.

If the people that run the club now think that this guy will do a job for them, let's wish him all the best, let him get on with it and see how it goes.

2 hours ago, rb_506 said:

I'm not saying for a minute he's in the mould of the last guy but he is hand picked by the club. Being involved with the KFCSA means nothing by the way, there have been a log line of brown nosers involved with that organisation down the years - not all of them by any means - but some real stand outs.

Firstly,  he wasn't hand picked and was recommended to the club for the role.

Secondly your accusations re the KFCSA are way off the mark. There have been excellent members on that committee who give up their valuable time to put on events for the fans. As you have just demonstrated it is a thankless task, however a lot of the accusations are based on utter lies,  as some are just too lazy to find out the truth and just accept gossip as gospel. 

The KFCSA are always open to new committee members,  so put yourself forward to help. I am sure you will be welcomed with open arms and maybe you will see how difficult it can be sometimes. 

Just been told the SLO has a son who works at the club/ surely a conflict of interest?

we should have someone who is totally neutral in that his decisions are not swayed out of self interest

Not a good situation

Edited by BLTM

3 hours ago, rb_506 said:

There have been a lot of good killie fans who have done a great job on the committee. Danny Coffey was no brown noser. Get involved if you can you would learn how hard a job it is.

1 hour ago, BLTM said:

Just been told the SLO has a son who works at the club/ surely a conflict of interest?

we should have someone who is totally neutral in that his decisions are not swayed out of self interest

Not a good situation

It's like the Daily Mail on here sometimes. You'll be raking through the man's bins next.

12 hours ago, CBFC said:

Firstly,  he wasn't hand picked and was recommended to the club for the role.

Secondly your accusations re the KFCSA are way off the mark. There have been excellent members on that committee who give up their valuable time to put on events for the fans. As you have just demonstrated it is a thankless task, however a lot of the accusations are based on utter lies,  as some are just too lazy to find out the truth and just accept gossip as gospel. 

The KFCSA are always open to new committee members,  so put yourself forward to help. I am sure you will be welcomed with open arms and maybe you will see how difficult it can be sometimes. 

Touch a nerve did I? When was the last time you bought a season ticket, or a ticket for that matter?

12 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Would it be possible/helpful to have a section on this forum for Allen to be able to take and answer questions?

Going by previous experience, no.

In theory, an open forum for constructive diaogue would be great. However, in practice, he'd just get abuse because the lassie in the pie kiosk had to use a calculator.

14 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

He was until he was hounded off by personal abuse.

I think Mogwai was talking about the new SLO. I don't know if he's on the forums but it would be a good idea if he was to open up lines of communication, social media platforms are a must as well, if he's to do his job right then he's got to be accessible in all the up to date ways.