sellick (h) fred 19/08

CB

1 minute ago, Killie lad said:

My point is I'm not able to go to every game, if you can't understand that then I'm afraid I can't help you any further  

2 mins ago u were saying u wouldnt go even if u could and that the fans are spineless. Now ur changing ur tune and saying ur not able to go. Which one is it? Either way u talk s**te

4 minutes ago, Calummoore86 said:

2 mins ago u were saying u wouldnt go even if u could and that the fans are spineless. Now ur changing ur tune and saying ur not able to go. Which one is it? Either way u talk s**te

If I wasn't working I wouldn't have went anyway because I couldn't. Jesus, this is tiresome 

10 minutes ago, Keith Miller said:

22 years since we lost the first three league games of the season.   ' Nuff said. !!!

What's said? That we've had an equally bad start than we did 22 years ago? You'll need to elaborate or if you're just saying we've been pish then fair enough.

2 hours ago, Calummoore86 said:

Some people talk utter s**te on here. We played well. Not one player had a howler. We were outclassed which can be expected, but the players can hold their head up high after that. So much better than the performance at parkhead. We defended well for the majority of the game and got the ball up the park when we got the chance. Unlucky not to score a couple of times. Definite signs of improvement.

I agree some people talk utter s**te on here.....I disagree about having played well. 

I thought we did well today. Organised and tough to beat. Quite a few positives.

O'Donnell had his moments but was largely very good, that should be the right back slot sorted. We looked better with Smith in there, which bodes well for when Dicker is back.

Impressed that Thomas could play so well in the centre. Brophy looked lively.

I thought there was no point whatsoever on Boyd being on the pitch today. Stood on the half way line and looked knackered all second half. He didn't even hold it up or pass well today. Missed opportunity, because when Brophy and Thomas were snapping at the defence they made mistakes late on. Glad to finally be seeing positives.

The other results are interesting today. If St Johnstone and Hearts turn out to be really good sides this year those results might get put in a different perspective. Really looking forward to the Accies game. 

6 hours ago, Oldkillie said:

Frizzel should be nowhere near the first team bad management as usual

I think this is very harsh on a young player who is willing to look for the ball and has considerable talent in terms of control and driving forward.

The trouble today is that he seemed to be asked to cover Rogic too often and with the disparity physically that was never going to be a fair contest. It cost us both goals as the Celtic player simply pushed Frizz away.

We need to get a real tough holding midfielder who can tackle and pass ------- hold on we've got one when he's fit again.

5 hours ago, Ycfc1922 said:

You must be a young man. I can assure you he is far from being the most pointless footballer we've ever had. 

Rory is a player who puts in 100% but loses possession too often and doesn't look like a midfielder to me. Playing just up front behind another striker is one option or maybe a right sided wide player. On form he is a real asset but tends to go through extended periods of poor performance and he is in that state at the moment. No way is he deserving the pointless label and I agree with Yc accordingly.

5 hours ago, skygod said:

Don't agree. I thought we were well organised. Greer strolled the game and we just need to find the right partner for him. 

I agree that McKenzie is a headless chicken and Frizzell is too lightweight for now for the role he's been given. 

Don't me started on Kris Boyd....

Interesting to hear that Lee Irwin was due to play today in place of Boyd so maybe at last McCulloch is seeing the light.

6 hours ago, Calummoore86 said:

Some people talk utter s**te on here. We played well. Not one player had a howler. We were outclassed which can be expected, but the players can hold their head up high after that. So much better than the performance at parkhead. We defended well for the majority of the game and got the ball up the park when we got the chance. Unlucky not to score a couple of times. Definite signs of improvement.

I think the defence looked a lot more organised and solid than last week which is a positive.

However we still have major issues going forward. I just cant see where goals are going to come from. 

54 minutes ago, zinger said:

Interesting to hear that Lee Irwin was due to play today in place of Boyd so maybe at last McCulloch is seeing the light.

Boyd was blocking it out. xD

Seriously, Kris Boyd has been a great servant to the club but I would rather he retired than continuing in his present state.

16 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

No Sinclair, Grifiths or Lustig in the starting line up. Ayer at CB. Looked like Rogers 2nd string and they rarely really upped the pace.  

No Kiltie, Dicker and Erwin in our starting line up. Wilson at CB. Looked like McCulloch's 2nd string...

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

Seven of their starting XI played in midweek and three others came on as substitutes. 

Get away with your "second string" nonsense! 

Absolutely. They have built a squad to stroll the league and try to compete in the champions league. All their players today would walk into every other spl side.

Celtic bossed the game but the funny thing in the end is we could've nicked a draw. Brophy was completely unmarked at front post and should've buried that corner from Burke. Talkin to some celtic fans who were behind that goal and they thought it was a sitter.

Agree with above aswell, whole celtic team are either internationalists or future ones, there is no second string celtic team in premiership terms.

5 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Celtic bossed the game but the funny thing in the end is we could've nicked a draw. Brophy was completely unmarked at front post and should've buried that corner from Burke. Talkin to some celtic fans who were behind that goal and they thought it was a sitter.

Agree with above aswell, whole celtic team are either internationalists or future ones, there is no second string celtic team in premiership terms.

It didn't look like a straightforward chance on TV.