Pathetic Support.

Charlie's Dad

Just now, MJout said:

Can't agree with above. Support your team. With a support like this it's no wonder our home record is so bad.

That's my point exactly. The song is "Killie Till I Die". Our home form is shocking and we'll never have a chance of improving it if fans don't turn up. Must be pathetic to watch on television makes us look like a pub team.

6 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

exactly. . . I refuse to subject myself and my children to racist, sectarian, bigoted, disgusting, revolting, small minded abuse that according to our Scottish sport media we can't live without.

I couldn't disagree with them more. 

Here with my six year old. I can report he is absolutely fine. 

Here's Chick Young on now to discuss how incredible these two Glasgow giants are. aren't they an inspiration to him and all those on sportsound. if only everyone shared their contemporary and refreshing views on society regarding religion and the way in which we should treat those who disagree with our own twisted viewpoint. . .

anyway back to the football. . . I hear ODonnell is playing better, hopefully he can keep his place at right back and we can place Wilson back in midfield 

2 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Here's Chick Young on now to discuss how incredible these two Glasgow giants are. aren't they an inspiration to him and all those on sportsound. if only everyone shared their contemporary and refreshing views on society regarding religion and the way in which we should treat those who disagree with our own twisted viewpoint. . .

anyway back to the football. . . I hear ODonnell is playing better, hopefully he can keep his place at right back and we can place Wilson back in midfield 

O'Donnell is having a cracking game getting up and down the right flank.

10 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

exactly. . . I refuse to subject myself and my children to racist, sectarian, bigoted, disgusting, revolting, small minded abuse that according to our Scottish sport media we can't live without.

I couldn't disagree with them more. 

Here with my 9 year old. Heard the F word on the way in like you could hear at any ground anywhere. Haven't heard anything else that would worry me as a parent.

Every parent has the right to decide what they think is right. 

I was brought up standing on unsegregated terracing with OF fans. I admit that it was far from comfortable a lot of the time but sometimes being exposed to experiences doesn't do any harm in the long run. 

1 hour ago, Charlie's Dad said:

That's my point exactly. The song is "Killie Till I Die". Our home form is shocking and we'll never have a chance of improving it if fans don't turn up. Must be pathetic to watch on television makes us look like a pub team.

On the evidence provided so far I'd say pub team is somewhat embellishing our standard.

1 minute ago, Killieboykfc said:

Our fans are an embarrassment at times. s**tebags as usual when it comes to the OF. 

My best friend had his face slashed after a Celtic game, years ago admittedly. I choose to avoid that scum unless you can convince me it's just harmless banter with no undercurrent of violence. If that makes me a s**tebag, I'm happy to admit I'm a s**tebag. Might even get a wee "s**tebag" pin badge...

4 minutes ago, Martyn said:

My best friend had his face slashed after a Celtic game, years ago admittedly. I choose to avoid that scum unless you can convince me it's just harmless banter with no undercurrent of violence. If that makes me a s**tebag, I'm happy to admit I'm a s**tebag. Might even get a wee "s**tebag" pin badge...

I've seen more violence at st mirren and hearts games than I have at matches against the OF. That's horrible about your friend but there's violence everywhere. 

Feels like this thread comes up after every Celtic home game. For a lot of folk (and its the same at the other 10 clubs in the SPL incidentally), having endured years of Scotland's shame turning up, running through the IRA songbook for 90 minutes, and as ever absolutely nothing ever being done about it (they are the establishment club after all), they give it a miss. Nothing to be fair will top the final game in 2003 when everyone I talked to including myself was assaulted by the greatest fans in the world on leaving the ground after, for once, they didn't get their own way. Still maintain that I have never experienced any trouble with Rangers first hand...however accept that they have a highly unsavory element as well (to say the least). 

As stated above there is also the issue of Family seasons not including the OF...which would therefore cost the best part of £40 to go to 1 game. 

Its that old argument...would we stand a better chance against them if the home crowd was bigger..possibly, however when we did have a decent turnout in the 90s and early 00's (and we did), the result on most occasions was the same. Again, have a look at the home supports at Partick, Motherwell, Dundee etc when they come to town and their numbers will also be well down.