Pathetic Support.

Charlie's Dad

There is no other ground where they get both ends and we've given away home advantage for years. Glad the announcer gave them "special thanks" at the end though. If you do to want to see us get beat and get annoyed by their pish then fair enough. Don't use the excuse of being scared for your safety. If it was a league decider you'd be there.

People have their reasons for staying away and you have to respect that. It's disappointing none the less. Today looked a lot less in the home ends than usual and I was surprised there were over 10000 at the match

With regards to children is it not about education. Bring them up to believe it's wrongs and hopefully their generation will do something about it that previous generations have failed to do. I worry that parents protecting them will continue to affect us in the future. If you don't take them to these matches will they take their kids or will it be bred into them that home matches vs this mob and their partner in crime are to be avoided.

In terms of Football beating either of those sides is so much sweeter than any other win. You take the houndings and question your sanity at heavy defeats. But to say you were there when Maguire slid the ball into the net in a game we were only supposed to show up and admire Keane in. Or when Pasca headed into the net to beat Rangers. It's just one game but those are special wins and ones that stick out over my years supporting Killie.

Please don't take this as me telling you how to raise your kids that's not how it's meant to be. 

12 minutes ago, Caldow said:

There is no other ground where they get both ends and we've given away home advantage for years. 

If we didn't give them the Moffat Stand it would sit empty and the club would be the best part of £100k worse off. 

Until the home fans show some inclination to fill it (never, probably) you can't blame the club. 

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

If we didn't give them the Moffat Stand it would sit empty and the club would be the best part of £100k worse off. 

Until the home fans show some inclination to fill it (never, probably) you can't blame the club. 

I know that ship sailed years ago but there were times in the past when maybe a point or two were given away for the cash when it could've made a difference in the league. Just depends what you consider more important. I'd like to be optimistic and look at the big picture. If we built a new stadium would you have 4000 seats at either end or try to give yourself a home advantage?

image.jpeg.ee364eb85c161dad4ebf5a9b77504a9e.jpeg

Absolutely embarrassed to see the team run out to this " support " today, then I come back to read the usual trash about songs, trouble, tv, early kick off blah, blah, blah...

We don't deserve a football team when even our core support won't turn and give the boys their backing. There was not a hint of trouble. I watched men, women and children strolling to and from the match. I have a 70 plus year old lady who walks alone with her scarf on. It's just another set of pathetic excuses from a bunch f shysters. We must the worst supported team in the league against the old firm. The Directors are trying, the sponsors are returning, the team did their best today, but those who demand and criticise abandon the team and turn their back on TiK.

So much for the post MJ bounce. Maybe we need to look elsewhere for the culprits.

9 minutes ago, skygod said:

I would give them three stands if they could fill them. It might fund another couple of players. Our fans are not interested, so why should the club bother. If they did no one except the fans who actually turn would have any cause for complaint. We could have housed today's support in half the Frank Beattie. Only the stay always can change things.

If we decided to only give them one stand at the next game, can anyone give me an estimate as to how many of our snowflakes would cne back?

Edited by Mclean07

4 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Absolutely embarrassed to see the team run out to this " support " today, then I come back to read the usual trash about songs, trouble, tv, early kick off blah, blah, blah...

We don't deserve a football team when even our core support won't turn and give the boys their backing. There was not a hint of trouble. I watched men, women and children strolling to and from the match. I have a 70 plus year old lady who walks alone with her scarf on. It's just another set of pathetic excuses from a bunch f shysters. We must the worst supported team in the league against the old firm. The Directors are trying, the sponsors are returning, the team did their best today, but those who demand and criticise abandon the team and turn their back on TiK.

So much for the post MJ bounce. Maybe we need to look elsewhere for the culprits.

Fair do's

McLean....I DO go to the OF games, always have done, have missed very few of them against both sides over the past nearly 40 years. I also normally take my 10 year old with me. Am also a regular at Parkhead and Ibrox. However, my points about folk being fed up with their bile are ones I understand. It is utterly sickening, and if anything, particularly for me, with Celtic has, if anything got worse over the last 10 years or so, songs wise. I am most certainly not 'scared' of them, never have been, despite having been on the end of physical abuse from Celtic, and accept that it isn't an excuse.

However, try having to explain what their party songs are about to a 10 year old (who is himself half N.Irish). It is not easy I can tell you. It actually puts the nature of their singing into perspective when you try to do so, and are asked time and again, why something can't be done about it.

Again, thinking back to the days when we did carry a good home crowd against them, the issues with singing and potential violence were the same. Pricing is now an issue for a lot of folk however, as stated £40 on top of the family ticket is a lot-it should probably be included.

We have haven't won a home league game this season and over the past few years our home record is dreadful, just lost 5-0 to Celtic and were hardly over the half way line...so not much from the team to encourage fans to go along...I was there and witnessed a team set up only for damage limitation, despite some reasonable individual performances we are a shadow of a real football team...it is not the fans that are the problem...

9 minutes ago, Caldow said:

I know that ship sailed years ago but there were times in the past when maybe a point or two were given away for the cash when it could've made a difference in the league. Just depends what you consider more important. I'd like to be optimistic and look at the big picture. If we built a new stadium would you have 4000 seats at either end or try to give yourself a home advantage?

Are you suggesting there should be no stand for away supporters? 

Most non-OF clubs' supports could be accommodated in the FB Stand.

So just give the OF a couple of thousand seats in the FB stand and hope that gives us more points to offset the loss of revenue? 

Interesting idea. The reality is we probably wouldn't get any more points than we do now

When Motherwell built their big stand, there was talk of them part- financing it by selling "debentures" to OF supporters as they would ordinarily be the only users of it. 

8 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

McLean....I DO go to the OF games, always have done, have missed very few of them against both sides over the past nearly 40 years. I also normally take my 10 year old with me. Am also a regular at Parkhead and Ibrox. However, my points about folk being fed up with their bile are ones I understand. It is utterly sickening, and if anything, particularly for me, with Celtic has, if anything got worse over the last 10 years or so, songs wise. I am most certainly not 'scared' of them, never have been, despite having been on the end of physical abuse from Celtic, and accept that it isn't an excuse.

However, try having to explain what their party songs are about to a 10 year old (who is himself half N.Irish). It is not easy I can tell you. It actually puts the nature of their singing into perspective when you try to do so, and are asked time and again, why something can't be done about it.

Again, thinking back to the days when we did carry a good home crowd against them, the issues with singing and potential violence were the same. Pricing is now an issue for a lot of folk however, as stated £40 on top of the family ticket is a lot-it should probably be included.

Not the right forum for this debate, but when it comes to 'party songs' the other lot are a lot lot worse imo.

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Are you suggesting there should be no stand for away supporters? 

Most non-OF clubs' supports could be accommodated in the FB Stand.

So just give the OF a couple of thousand seats in the FB stand and hope that gives us more points to offset the loss of revenue? 

Interesting idea. The reality is we probably wouldn't get any more points than we do now

When Motherwell built their big stand, there was talk of them part- financing it by selling "debentures" to OF supporters as they would ordinarily be the only users of it. 

What I'm saying the ship has sailed now.

For example though, if we had a 10k stadium I'd have a 2.5k away stand. Have a home advantage.

Right now - I'd give them 3 stands. Like you say it wouldnt make any difference.

We can't compete so just take their money. 

It's a free world , folk can do what they want whatever reasons they might have .......or want to use.....

but it is depressing at these games for fans who do turn up ......to sit there and see empty seats all around where even ST holders are absent.....and it does seem to be getting more and more empty in the home stands as the years go by.....

3 minutes ago, BigRonFaeTheQueenVic said:

Facing that empty East Stand I'd hope the directors spent at least part of the game discussing innovative ways of boosting the home support against the OF, now that old Bawface is not there to hinder them. 

You'd think wouldn't you?

on a side note...hamilton with little resources are battering \\\hibs 3-0 after gubbing Dundee 3-0 last week...perhaps our manager could get the Killie to post some results like that and we may see an upturn in attendances no matter the opposition

Can fully understand season ticket holders not turning up for old firm games, you have paid your money so you can go or not as the case maybe.  I was thinking of going to the pub today but went to the game and I am glad I did and can certainly see better results on the way. I normally feel very p***hed off  after a home defeat but am not too bad today.  I just switch off to the bile from the old firm fans.  In the past I would never have agreed to giving old firm 3 stands but it always money.  Anyway looking forward to a win next week.

1 hour ago, david mcbeth said:

Have experienced the exact same from both sides of Scotland's shame too often to mention and don't go to any games involving them - even missed the two league cup finals against SELIK for this reason. As you pointed out, when they don't get their way that is when you see the worst of them but they are both as bad as each other. It isn't fear, it's a combination of extreme distaste and not wanting the hassle that keeps me away from it.

I find it very hard to believe a Killie fan would miss out on a cup final because they were playing celtic. Each to their own I suppose. For the record you missed a cracker in 2012. I hope you don't have the same fear of Falkirk. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Agree 100%. No hint of trouble whatsoever. At least celtic fans support their team. I suspect the majority of fans on here moaning about almost anything to do with Killie are in the stay away camp. My 6 year old questioned why we had so few fans. Embarrassing.