3G Pitch

Chrisfrom3tfm

52 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Anything would be better than what we’ve got. It is the second worst artificial pitch I’ve been on. Kelty Hearts being the worst. Honestly I’d encourage everyone to try our pitch to see for themselves how poor it is. 

It certainly doesn't feel as 'lush' as it did when it first went down. If I remember rightly, I said it was like walking on a very deep pile rug in a pair of comfy slippers.

I'd probably say it's like going barefoot on a doormat in places now. But, that feeling is tempered by the joint problems I have right now, where anything 'untoward' is magnified through the rest of me.

17 hours ago, Killiepie said:

Never set foot on. I might be stupid but I’m a believer it’s the same for both teams. Just think a lot more teams have better footballing ability than we do these days. 

It would be stupid to discount the actual science behind how negative emotions impact on performance. 

On your point regarding footballing ability, how did relegated Inverness manage more Home wins than us? As did every other team in the league. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

It would be stupid to discount the actual science behind how negative emotions impact on performance. 

IMO this blows the "its the same s**t surface for both teams" argument out of the water.

Rip it up, plant grass like all sensible people do.

I have already done my back patio and am available to help next week. :) 

49 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

IMO this blows the "its the same s**t surface for both teams" argument out of the water.

Rip it up, plant grass like all sensible people do.

I have already done my back patio and am available to help next week. :) 

Some people want to defend everything the club does, at all costs. Logic and science go out the window when it comes to the club. 

However, for those open minded enough to consider things objectively here’s a small snippet from an article on the subject “Negative emotions can hurt performance both physically and mentally. They first cause you to lose your prime intensity. With frustration and anger, your intensity goes up and leads to muscle tension, breathing difficulties, and a loss of coordination. It also saps your energy and causes you to tire quickly. When you experience despair and helplessness, your intensity drops sharply and you no longer have the physical capabilities to perform well.”

Btw do you do driveways? Mine could do with replacing. 

Edited by Zorro

19 hours ago, Killiepie said:

Never set foot on. I might be stupid but I’m a believer it’s the same for both teams. Just think a lot more teams have better footballing ability than we do these days. 

You are correct it is the same for both teams. Our problem is due to the management we have a crap team on the pitch at this time. My problem with the plastic is nothing to do with the way we play on it I just think that a professional football club that wants to progress should be playing on the one surface that football should be and always was played on, grass. The plastic pitch just makes us look more amateurish than we already are. s**te wee lower league teams play on plastic, not SPL teams! Lets get rid of it as soon as we are able to & right it off as another failed experiment along with our other revolutionary idea's, eg the undersoil heating & the scoreboards. Lets get back our traditional club.

1 hour ago, harley said:

You are correct it is the same for both teams. Our problem is due to the management we have a crap team on the pitch at this time. My problem with the plastic is nothing to do with the way we play on it I just think that a professional football club that wants to progress should be playing on the one surface that football should be and always was played on, grass. The plastic pitch just makes us look more amateurish than we already are. s**te wee lower league teams play on plastic, not SPL teams! Lets get rid of it as soon as we are able to & right it off as another failed experiment along with our other revolutionary idea's, eg the undersoil heating & the scoreboards. Lets get back our traditional club.

Just take a second and look objectively at how the pitch has impacted negativily on your emotions. You feel it makes us look amateurish and willing to settle for lower standards. Imagine how that feels as a professional sports athlete. The pitch is baggage our players shouldn’t have to carry. Rip it up.

17 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Just take a second and look objectively at how the pitch has impacted negativily on your emotions. You feel it makes us look amateurish and willing to settle for lower standards. Imagine how that feels as a professional sports athlete. The pitch is baggage our players shouldn’t have to carry. Rip it up.

Could you maybe point me in the direction of any articles where a current or past player has commented on how bad the playing surface is and how it's having a negative impact on their performance?

20 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Could you maybe point me in the direction of any articles where a current or past player has commented on how bad the playing surface is and how it's having a negative impact on their performance?

Sure, right after you point me towards all the articles from current or past players praising the surface and how it’s had a positive impact on their performance. 

Ps any thoughts on why Inverness managed more Home wins than us, if it’s all down to ability? You seem to have skipped past that question in your haste to ask me one.

Edited by Zorro

3 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

travelling to inverness has a negative effect on all the away teams.

It’s an interesting thought, but given the relatively short distances compared to other leagues around the world, I’m inclined to discount it. Especially since we managed two draws despite having possibly the longest journey. 

4 hours ago, heynow2005 said:

Having watched highlights of Dundee game on Sat i was shocked how crap the pitch looks. It needs to go

I'm shocked at how dog-eared and moth-eaten it looks every time I visit RP. Then I am embarrassed at how we have reduced the playing area, which is what the diddy teams do against the better ones. Then I can't believe some of the bounces the ball takes off it and the spray of millions of wee black rubber balls.

I suppose you'd have to say I'm not that keen on it. :) 

1 hour ago, Killieboy64 said:

If or when we go back to grass, is it still a rule that we have under soil heating?

Can't see anything to that effect.

"Pitch Condition

H11 Each Club shall ensure that the field of play at its Registered Ground and at any other ground at which it is the Home Club for a League Match or Play-Off Match is:-

H11.1 smooth and in good condition and repair; and
H11.2 equipped with an efficient and effective drainage system so that it cannot become unplayable due to flooding."

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I'm shocked at how dog-eared and moth-eaten it looks every time I visit RP. Then I am embarrassed at how we have reduced the playing area, which is what the diddy teams do against the better ones. Then I can't believe some of the bounces the ball takes off it and the spray of millions of wee black rubber balls.

I suppose you'd have to say I'm not that keen on it. :) 

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but I’m not a fan of it either.