3G Pitch

Chrisfrom3tfm

New to the forum guys, I have read through a lot of the messages and have to agree with regards to the state if the pitch. Although on the other I watch under 10's every weekend who play on your so called plastic pitches and these boys dont seem to have any problem getting the ball down and playing really good football, so called professionals need to step up and get on with it, until as such times we are able to do something about it at the club.

I hope we can now get rid of the negativity re the pitch.  When asked about the pitch SC said its there and it should be an advantage to us, so lets find a way to make it a benefit.

BB has stated that it will be replaced when our new 2.5 million training centre is up and running, (hopefully in 18 months).

Why wait until then ?  What kind of PR would the club get if we were to rip it up sooner thus denying 600 kids who use it every week training facilities.

A PR DISASTER....   SC new what kind of pitch we had and has stated he will work to ensure he can put a team on the park that will benefit from it.

16 minutes ago, red_dug said:

To be honest. I dont give a stuff about kids teams, womens teams or anything else bar seeing the first team win and by playing good football.

That is what i and everyone else pays to see. 

I can see where you are coming from, but if the club is truly a community club as they go on about, then kids and ladies teams have to be given consideration also. Kilmarnock FC is not just all about first team football, we have ladies and youth teams also, and they have the right to be taken notice of and appreciated also 

Edited by Trojan76
Spelling

29 minutes ago, Charlies PaPa said:

What kind of PR would the club get if we were to rip it up sooner thus denying 600 kids who use it every week training facilities.

A club at our level shouldn't have to worry about the effect on kids of changing the playing surface.

"Tail wagging the dog" comes to mind.

17 minutes ago, red_dug said:

To be honest. I dont give a stuff about kids teams, womens teams or anything else bar seeing the first team win and by playing good football.

That is what i and everyone else pays to see. 

Spot on. All the “trimmings” are nice, but the first team should be the priority. 

5 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

I can see where you are coming from, but if the club is truly a community club as they go on about, then kids and ladies teams have to be given consideration also. Kilmarnock FC is not just all about first team football, we have ladies and youth teams also, and they have the right to be taken notice of and appreciated also 

Thats fair enough but not to the detriment of the first team. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

We could gift the plastic pitch to these 600 kids. Just think of the positive PR. 

Or sell it off, square by square, like we did with the old one. I'd love to have it out my back door. Nae need for all that faffing about with lawn mowers and strimmers during the summer.

11 hours ago, CB said:

Or sell it off, square by square, like we did with the old one. I'd love to have it out my back door. Nae need for all that faffing about with lawn mowers and strimmers during the summer.

I think B&Q sell more realistic looking stuff, it’s probably better to play on too if you fancy a wee game.

13 hours ago, Charlies PaPa said:

Why wait until then ?  What kind of PR would the club get if we were to rip it up sooner thus denying 600 kids who use it every week training facilities.

A PR DISASTER....   SC new what kind of pitch we had and has stated he will work to ensure he can put a team on the park that will benefit from it.

MJ ran an axe right through the youth's and KFC, and it didn't affect him one bit in the meedja

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

I think B&Q sell more realistic looking stuff, it’s probably better to play on too if you fancy a wee game.

Only putting. The joys of living next door to a greenskeeper. Couldn't take the state of my lawn, and brought out the proper stuff to cut it for me.

Of course, he's been dead for about 5 years now.

43 minutes ago, CB said:

Only putting. The joys of living next door to a greenskeeper. Couldn't take the state of my lawn, and brought out the proper stuff to cut it for me.

Of course, he's been dead for about 5 years now.

It’s probably in need of a wee trim by now if it’s been five years. Weed killer works too.  

• 2 weeks later...

BB probably and rightly wants to wait to see if we can get the project brave gig and the financial advantages that go with it and relocate the plastic pitch to that location. Until then it will stay where it is unless SC dictates that he wants a grass pitch which if that happens we should move heaven and earth to accomplish 

Project brave is a shambles. TBH I’d rather we spent the £600k pa on a new pitch and then players to play on it. We don’t have a problem bringing through first team players in the current setup. The issue is an unwillingness to play youngsters in the first team at other clubs rather than anything to do with them not being challenged in their youth systems. 

30 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I think once SC has watched an actual competitive game on the AstroTurf, with balls bouncing off the surface in every conceivable direction but true and guys loosing their footing left, right and centre, he will be as keen as anyone on this forum to get it to fuuuu...

To quote our messiah:

”last time I checked the ball was still round and the park still rectangular”

I agree we need a grass park as much as anyone here, but the poor home form can’t continually be blamed on a park that both sides are playing on. We should be better on the park than anyone else in the league... instead we are the worst. 

It’s about belief and after three excellent results the players should be buzzing about playing again and confident they can win on that park because at home to Hibernian on a rubber pitch may be difficult but it’s a hell of a lot easier than away at Parkhead. 

I'm dead naive on the subject but gleaning what I have from previous posts on the subject ... do we have a suitable base that a proper 'hybrid pitch' could be laid on much quicker than going back to grass?
How does the cost of going completely back to grass compare to a decent hybrid pitch?
Apologies if it's been discussed (at length) and covered before.