Red Cards

Pompey Repatriated

I'm not sure i like this feature as I've seen several people receive them for no aparant reason.

Had a few unwarranted myself but more upset by the abuse of other members.  Is there no way to delete this feature? 

I realise this post will get me a record number of red cards. 

Also if I delete said redcarded post ate my reputation points rescinded? 

12 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

You'll never get 100% of people agreeing with you anyway. 

I'd say This!

If you get everybody is agreeing with you then something very spooky is happening. As Clint Eastwood said (Dirty Harry) opinions are like assholes everybody's got one.

7 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

I'm not sure i like this feature as I've seen several people receive them for no aparant reason.

Had a few unwarranted myself but more upset by the abuse of other members.  Is there no way to delete this feature? 

I can see your point, and on receiving my first red card recently wondered the same.  But the others are right, ultimately it shouldn't matter.

Given it is all about opinions, the feature itself isn't needed - but is probably built into the software and were stuck with it.  It would be a shame if anyone was put off from posting by the over use of red cards from some "Finnies" we have on the site.  (sorry too easy an opportunity to throw in a pun).

Edited by killieboy1869

It would probably work better if u were able to see who liked, or red carded your posts. Not only would it allow u to see who agrees with u, it would also show who didn't, and deter renegades from indescriminately red carding posts. In general i think the red card system works well as it allows you to disagree with a post, whereas previously you could only "like" one.

1 hour ago, Calummoore86 said:

It would probably work better if u were able to see who liked, or red carded your posts. Not only would it allow u to see who agrees with u, it would also show who didn't, and deter renegades from indescriminately red carding posts. In general i think the red card system works well as it allows you to disagree with a post, whereas previously you could only "like" one.

I can see who gives what to whom.

If you can't, I'm guessing it's a mod thing.

8 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

I've just given you a "football" but I've no idea what it means 

Heart, football & smile = an upvote. Not sure confused does anything. Red card removes a point and done enough times, will turn the community standing part of your profile red. And identify you as a troll.

11 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Points remain, even if posts are deleted. Or, at least did when the mods were trying it at new year.

12 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Does it really bother you how many reputation points you have xD

4 hours ago, CB said:

Heart, football & smile = an upvote. Not sure confused does anything. Red card removes a point and done enough times, will turn the community standing part of your profile red. And identify you as a troll.

Ha ha I'm on my way to being a troll for saying there were positives to be had from the performance yesterday

7 hours ago, Calummoore86 said:

In general i think the red card system works well as it allows you to disagree with a post, whereas previously you could only "like" one.

The difference being that if somebody "likes" something it's self-explanatory while giving a red card can leave you wondering why?

Instead of, or as well as, awarding a red card why not have the courtesy of explaining why? 

Cue a stack of red cards no doubt,  about which I couldn't give a f**k. 

Who's counting anyway?