Getting fans back - a couple of ideas.

Dennykillie

When Bobby Fleeting took over, a small car was put up for raffle. Every adult fan was given a raffle ticket at the gate. This was carried on for 3 games. The draw was made a half time in the third game - one happy Killie fan. The attendance for the first of these games, against Queen's Park, was 5,200 - about 3,000 more than normal. The extra attendances paid for the car and attendances stayed higher for the rest of the season.

Incentivise walk up fans, that's where the increase will come from. Give out a voucher per game. Collect 2 vouchers, get in free at next home game. (Some incentive for ST holders needed as well)

Get in for £1 day

Offer 3 tickets for the price of 2.

Maybe others could add their ideas and the results given to the new SLO for discussion with the Board.

Always remember when I started going to rugby park it was £1 for under 12's and £10 for an adult into the Moffat stand, something like that might help encourage people with young kids, I can completely understand why a lot of people stay away from walking up on the day, by the time you get food etc you could easily be £50 for an adult and two kids. 

I think we don't even need to go as far as winning often to get fans back.

For  me it's about having a team that look commited to the cause, play for  the badge, create decent chances and give us something to shout about.

Far  too often these days we all walk out thinking "well that was crap" or something along those lines.

Nobody can expect their team to win every  game but coming out  after losing and thinking " well we gave it our best shot"or "we were unlucky" goes  a long way to encouraging folk to go back  but if they watch utter guff and half heartedness nobody can blame them imo.

1 minute ago, samo said:

I think we don't even need to go as far as winning often to get fans back.

For  me it's about having a team that look commited to the cause, play for  the badge, create decent chances and give us something to shout about.

Far  too often these days we all walk out thinking "well that was crap" or something along those lines.

Nobody can expect their team to win every  game but coming out  after losing and thinking " well we gave it our best shot"or "we were unlucky" goes  a long way to encouraging folk to go back  but if they watch utter guff and half heartedness nobody can blame them imo.

Totally agree with you mate 

Surely a 10% discount in the shop would be a start for season ticket holders and for each year you renew your ticket the price there could be a discount,  perhaps if you commit to a 2 year or more commitment.  I remember when vouchers were in force and you get get a pie or a pint using a certain voucher or is  it something like that too hard to administrate now days I am sure there are lots of people with ideas but will the board take any notice of ideas from the fans.

19 minutes ago, kenh said:

Surely a 10% discount in the shop would be a start for season ticket holders and for each year you renew your ticket the price there could be a discount,  perhaps if you commit to a 2 year or more commitment.  I remember when vouchers were in force and you get get a pie or a pint using a certain voucher or is  it something like that too hard to administrate now days I am sure there are lots of people with ideas but will the board take any notice of ideas from the fans.

Shop is not run by the club so not fesable. Good ideas all the same.

2 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Can't reduce the prices unless you reduce the season tickets further. To be fair to the club we have one of if not the cheapest walkup for adults in the league. 

Absolutely no reason why they shouldn't reduce the price of season tickets. Scottish football as a whole is far too expensive. The quality across the board is poor. I don't think I get value for money.

I've always wanted a chance to watch a game from the Director's Box (sad, I know!)

The could pick, say 10-15 season ticket holders, and let them experience this for every home game, along with the half-time fayre.

Wouldn't cost the club much at all, (maybe only a pie and a cup of tea), as ST holders have already paid for entry, and there are usually plenty of empty seats in there.

Could make season ticket holders feel a bit more valued by the club.

Also free entry for any accompanied child under 12!

15 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

I've always wanted a chance to watch a game from the Director's Box (sad, I know!)

The could pick, say 10-15 season ticket holders, and let them experience this for every home game, along with the half-time fayre.

Wouldn't cost the club much at all, (maybe only a pie and a cup of tea), as ST holders have already paid for entry, and there are usually plenty of empty seats in there.

Could make season ticket holders feel a bit more valued by the club.

Also free entry for any accompanied child under 12!

Good idea mate but you would have to wear a suit!!!

8 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Absolutely no reason why they shouldn't reduce the price of season tickets. Scottish football as a whole is far too expensive. The quality across the board is poor. I don't think I get value for money.

Meant this season in particular but when you consider the trade off, we probably wouldn't get enough new ST holders to offset the loss we'd suffer if we dropped the prices. Which means we have less money to pay players wages and as such (on paper) a less quality team and less chance of winning anything.

If we have 3000 full paying adults then that's £350 x 3000 which is £1.05 million. If we reduce it to say £200 (tenner a game) then we lose £450,000. That's a massive amount to us. We'd need an extra 2250 adult fans in to cover the difference. I don't think we could get that, certainly not just now

No denying the product is poor but unfortunately football is a money business, if we can't get the crowds then we can't reduce the price.

Here's a radical idea, why not offer season tickets holders and issue vouchers for regular walk ups (maybe 5 games 5 consecutive vouchers) Then enter them into a an open draw, such as the half time draw but instead of winning money, you get the chance to pick and organise the team. The manager can deal with away fixtures. But honestly, why not start scouring the Juniors for talent, it is out there. In fact I've seen some cracking top class amateurs who are better than some of the charlatans we have signed in the last few years. Most importantly, reduce the prices. I think that is the main factor (outwith the team performance) that influences crowd size. Charge a tenner for at least a season (and reduce season ticket prices accordingly) and I bet you would at least break even with the current £20 walk up price. Most who argue against this use the evidence of one off short term deals that weren't marketed properly, citing that there was no significant rise in crowd numbers.