Hamilton Accies Match Fred 26-8-17

Craigieboy

3 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

What easier games do we have? 

It was never gonna be an easy game mate,we've got a pretty poor record against them at home & we're more likely to pick up more points on our travels again this season u unfortunately. Dundee & Partick look like "easier" games at the moment. At the minute 3 of the teams we've played are in the top 4 with saints & Celtic unbeaten & Hamilon have lost once.

3 minutes ago, Craigie11 said:

It was never gonna be an easy game mate,we've got a pretty poor record against them at home & we're more likely to pick up more points on our travels again this season u unfortunately. Dundee & Partick look like "easier" games at the moment. At the minute 3 of the teams we've played are in the top 4 with saints & Celtic unbeaten & Hamilon have lost once.

We have won 1 of our last 12 home league games. An Absolutely appalling record and we can't even hold on for a win when we are 2 goals up with 20 minutes left. 

There are no easy games for us - we are the easy game for the opposition. 

I'm fed up being outplayed week after week by teams we should be able to match. We were the second best team again today and a draw was the least Accies deserved. 

Erwin showed what we miss when Boyd is the lone striker. Individual errors seem to be more regular in a team low on confidence, and punished more severely. Can't wait to get some away games now, away from the Deadpool of RP.

12 minutes ago, Craigie11 said:

Partick are far, far better than Hamilton. We have Motherwell and Aberdeen next 2 games. We could very easily be looking at 1 point from 6 games. Personally I'm sick of relying on other teams being s**te. You can't just keep saying our home record is s**te so it's ok. It's time we stopped making excuses and do something about it 

Edited by Killie lad

See when I was younger. . as a killie fan you always had highs and lows in equal measure.

yes you would have a few lows and disappointments but it would quickly follow a high, a good win or a passionate performance. then a low again, next week high. it made it exciting, made you want to come back. 

I swear the last 5 years has been low followed by low followed by depressing soul sapping low. 

There used to be a huge crowd of us all went every week home and away. Kenny Shiels got sacked and some were appalled so didn't renew season tickets. our group got smaller but tried to stay positive. . then we lost 4 goals in the first half hour under Gary Locke during a truly horrendous run of defeats. some more got up and walked out on the half hour mark. and have never returned. Today I was at the game by myself. That large group that once attended just couldn't take it any more. 

they were texting me during the game and I was winding them up that I was there and we were up 2-0, they were missing out I was saying. Penalty got awarded and I just got out my seat and walked straight out the ground. 

don't know if I'll be back for a while

LM in his interview after game talked about lack of game management after we went 2 0 up but this relates to lack of investment in central midfield. Crawford ran the game in last 20 Smith couldn't get near as he was done in and is not good enough. Unless we get better quality in this week in CM the same problems are going to continue. We have plenty cover in all other areas why not the area we all agree needed sorted. Irwin and findlay improved the team fingers crossed for a commanding CM.

37 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

In that case I'd suggest it's you and not me that needs to consult the dictionary.

1st look up 'honest' if that doesn't work...

2nd 'objectivity' if that doesn't work... 

3rd (only to be used as last resort) 'Delusional' 

I see, I'm not allowed to disagree with you. We will see at the end of the season.

52 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Rubbish, the change should have been Burke for Frizzell as we were starting to sit back after Erwin scored that would have put us back on the front foot, O'Donnell never got forward after McKenzie came on, he had to sit back as McKenzie doesn't offer the same cover as Thomas does. Only McCulloch could snatch a draw from the jaws of victory.....

Haha. It had to be McKenzie's fault somehow. Even if the lad had stayed on the bench, someone on here would have had him culpable. 

We have to accept a certain amount of responsibility as fans. At 2-1 up we were obviously struggling and what did we do ? No vocal support, just a nervous, silence. That's when fans should be providing vocal support. I can't absolve myself from culpability, it's hard to stand up and sing,chant, when nobody around you is making any noise. It probably wouldn't have helped but doing nothing certainly didn't help an already nervous team. 

27 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

See when I was younger. . as a killie fan you always had highs and lows in equal measure.

yes you would have a few lows and disappointments but it would quickly follow a high, a good win or a passionate performance. then a low again, next week high. it made it exciting, made you want to come back. 

I swear the last 5 years has been low followed by low followed by depressing soul sapping low. 

There used to be a huge crowd of us all went every week home and away. Kenny Shiels got sacked and some were appalled so didn't renew season tickets. our group got smaller but tried to stay positive. . then we lost 4 goals in the first half hour under Gary Locke during a truly horrendous run of defeats. some more got up and walked out on the half hour mark. and have never returned. Today I was at the game by myself. That large group that once attended just couldn't take it any more. 

they were texting me during the game and I was winding them up that I was there and we were up 2-0, they were missing out I was saying. Penalty got awarded and I just got out my seat and walked straight out the ground. 

don't know if I'll be back for a while

Correct about the lows and lows. However, age end of Kenny's time crowds were below 4000.

47 minutes ago, Craigie11 said:

Is that what our great club had been reduced to........searching for easy games.

Just now, Mclean07 said:

Correct about the lows and lows. However, age end of Kenny's time crowds were below 4000.

Yeah it's an absolute disgrace that 5 years of lows hasn't been completely reversed by mcculloch and his signings in the first 4 games of the season .

4 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

We have to accept a certain amount of responsibility as fans. At 2-1 up we were obviously struggling and what did we do ? No vocal support, just a nervous, silence. That's when fans should be providing vocal support. I can't absolve myself from culpability, it's hard to stand up and sing,chant, when nobody around you is making any noise. It probably wouldn't have helped but doing nothing certainly didn't help an already nervous team. 

I can't swallow this. After years and years season after season ( for I would argue 5 years now) I've spent £thousands, literally thousands (petrol, merchandise, season ticket every year) to support a team that has consistently underperformed. and we give away a 2 goal lead at home and I HAVE TO TAKE SOME OF THE BLAME? 

10 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

100% agree with this

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

McKenzie doesn't offer the same cover as Thomas does.

Seriously?   I don't think Thomas offers much cover at all.   Both Thomas and Jones don't win enough tackles IMO,  which I think weakens us and doesn't put enough pressure on the oppositions' defenders.

McKenzie did nothing wrong when he came on today and I am far from being his biggest fan.

Edited by Pelesboots

19 minutes ago, jesper said:

Haha. It had to be McKenzie's fault somehow. Even if the lad had stayed on the bench, someone on here would have had him culpable. 

I never blamed McKenzie for anything, I'm blaming McCulloch for making the wrong change, you can't tell me your happy with the change he made as we were still 2-0 up until 2 mins after he took Thomas off.....

Agree with a previous post about us badly needing a decent midfield enforcer type player and using the budget to get cammy bell back when in reality Jamie Mac was and has since proved to be one of our top performers this is a massive own goal on behalf of Lee McCulloch!