Hamilton Accies Match Fred 26-8-17

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, historyman said:

We  have signed 14 players but the real issue is how many of them have actually improved the team - so far perhaps Greer, Thomas and Erwin?

Findlay will improve the team i believe. Thought he was solid on saturday. 

Thomas and O'donnell both looked knackered after 50 minutes, need to sharpen up quick.

Erwin looked good when he came on and took his goal brilliantly.

Wilson looked decent in midfield, but he sometimes chased down a lost cause and then left massive space in behind. Dicker in there instead of smith would be a massive improvement. 

Jones had a poor game and didn't take his man on as often as normal.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Erm, he only did that when we were bottom six with nothing to play for, I don't know why that sacrificed a top six place?

Some of our more gullible fans took about 7 years to realise MJ was an imposter and killing the club but hey, you like to forget that.

Yep, it's been boom time since he left. Looks like there may have been some other problems as well as him.

9 hours ago, historyman said:

I admire your optimism but Hearts are a poor side and Hamilton were supposed to be the whipping boys. I don't expect us to get anything from Fir Park and expecting us to win two home games in a row when we have managed one win in twelve is over-optimistic.
The signs so far are that we will be struggling at the bottom yet again.

Reckon we can take something from Fir Park (not expecting anything at Pittodrie though). A month is a long time before the next 2 home games, by which time hopefully Dicker will be available, and only Kiltie still missing from the squad. Obviously one man in Dicker's case is not going to totally transform the team,  but he would make a difference. Impossible to predict where we might be by then of course, but I remain optimistic that we can pick up a bit by then. At the same time I accept that yes, Hearts were poor, and yes, certainly we have to be looking to beat Hamilton at home. Lets see where we are in a month.

Edited by Jedi2