Penalty?

kfc_superteam

I was right behind the linesman

yes it was a silly and unnecessary challenge to make but instinctively it didnt even cross my mind that it was a penalty and i was surprised to see the hamilton player jump up claiming for it so strongly.

for me smith got a foot on the ball 

edit - after seeing the tv pictures i was half right about one thing actually it was a really silly challenge.

as forthe refs decision, he was bang on, absolute stonewaller. its not easy being a ref.

Edited by Tom061087
Update

He should never have given the linesman a decision to make, Player heading away from goal on the edge of the penalty box yet Smith dives in, why not just marshal him as he was going nowhere, yet again a useless article of an alleged player costs us points ? . Too much of the old pals act yet again at RP, the sooner LM realised this the better before it costs him his career....

Totally agree why he even made the tackle on a player who was in that area of the pitch defies logic but our managers decision not to have taken him off long before as he was running on empty and compromising our very weak midfield is also a major foopah!

IMO the penalty was a stick on but Smith made it easy for the linesman to give the decision . The ref imo didn't see the incident as he was watching the players lining along the 18 yd line and it would have been near impossible for him to see it.

poor decision by Smith to even attempt a tackle 

To be honest it dosnt matter if it was a penalty or not, as many people have noted he shouldnt have given the linesmen/ref a decsion to make. Absolute clown and the fact we were 2-1 up & havent won at home in what feels like centuries just makes it even worse.

Really baffling how Stevie Smith who in his prime was a bog standard left back is the main man in our midfield, who looks at Smith and thinks aye thats what we need in midfield

36 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

To be honest it dosnt matter if it was a penalty or not, as many people have noted he shouldnt have given the linesmen/ref a decsion to make. Absolute clown and the fact we were 2-1 up & havent won at home in what feels like centuries just makes it even worse.

Really baffling how Stevie Smith who in his prime was a bog standard left back is the main man in our midfield, who looks at Smith and thinks aye thats what we need in midfield

Agree that it should be no one thinks smith is the answer in midfield (well any position due to his inability to remain injury free)  but our midfield at the mo is so rank rotton that i was actually initially pleased to see him there. 

This should never be the case and LM should have addressed this with or without Dickers injury as a decent midfielder would have taken the pressure off Dicker and also allowed him to shuffle the pack and play Dicker also at centre back which he also looked decent at. Saved money on a multitude of centre back signings and sorted midfield. Looks to me signing of Power by LM is possibly the crucial and critical error. I am as concerned as i was after the Clyde cup game last season after witnessing LC first and now infamous 11 signings exception Coulio and Jones 

29 minutes ago, c.r said:

Having watched it again there was absolutely no need to challenge like that however I thought he actually played quite good

Agreed. He was flagging badly by the end but in the first half especially the Smith - Wilson midfield pairing looked solid, certainly better than the McKenzie - Frizzell coupling of previous weeks.