Was That Boyds Swan Song...

Mark Robertson

22 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Mental health is a big part of well being. Boydie putting himself on a diet himself because he wanted to be the best athletic footballer he could be is one thing. Boydie on a diet because somebody else thought it would be good for him is another. Smith probably understood this principle instinctively without going into the details.

Le Guen was used to working with people who just wanted to be the best they could be without any additional motivation.

Yeah it's an interesting point.  A bit like our players taking the hump with Clark's training times idea. Maybe it was better, but if the players aren't happy what's the point? 

11 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Yeah it's an interesting point.  A bit like our players taking the hump with Clark's training times idea. Maybe it was better, but if the players aren't happy what's the point? 

That is what I am getting at, you have to get the guys to buy into your ideas.

2 hours ago, mitch14 said:

A friend was telling me that Boyd was on a podcast talking about Le Guen. Apparently he had Boyd on a proper diet, which he stuck to, and hated. But Boyd said he couldn't score and wasn't happy. When Smith came in he said 'I don't know what the f**k le Guen was telling you but start eating'. And he did, and he started scoring... I imagine thats a lot to do with the 'happier squad, benefits on the pitch' thing that comes up all the time. But I've never had the impression Boyd has the discipline to be an athlete as others are.

I'm happy with him km the squad, last ten minutes when we are lumping the ball desperate for a win. But we seem to have managers terrified of fully dropping him. 

The exact quote was get back on the hamburgers. 

You can eat what you like when buying trophies through tax avoiding and cheating I suppose is the moral of the story. 

we as a footballing nation don't value diet, don't value nutrition, don't value fitness and don't value touch or technique. we care only about being as big and as fat as you can be as that must make you a better footballer. that's why Mahrez premier league footballer of the year and English premier league winner with Leicester didn't succeed on a trial with st mirren. what an indictment of the game that is. embarrassing. it's why teams like st Johnstone are consistently doing great in the Scottish premier league. because they hack, play dirty, tak cheap wee fouls whenever they can and out muscle teams. everyone raves about them. then they play some random third would team from the back of beyond first round of Europe and get pumped. and no one can understand why. 

Boyds football top could be used as a tent for a team of boy scouts to camp under. he should use this international break as a chance to reflect on whether he should return to professional football for the rest of the season. when played through on a few occasions on Saturday he looked like a 55 year old, 40 a day smoker who tried for a few seconds to catch a bus in the rain then just decided he would rather get wet. 

Edited by MarkD1989KTID

3 hours ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

The exact quote was get back on the hamburgers. 

You can eat what you like when buying trophies through tax avoiding and cheating I suppose is the moral of the story. 

we as a footballing nation don't value diet, don't value nutrition, don't value fitness and don't value touch or technique. we care only about being as big and as fat as you can be as that must make you a better footballer. that's why Mahrez premier league footballer of the year and English premier league winner with Leicester didn't succeed on a trial with st mirren. what an indictment of the game that is. embarrassing. it's why teams like st Johnstone are consistently doing great in the Scottish premier league. because they hack, play dirty, tak cheap wee fouls whenever they can and out muscle teams. everyone raves about them. then they play some random third would team from the back of beyond first round of Europe and get pumped. and no one can understand why. 

Boyds football top could be used as a tent for a team of boy scouts to camp under. he should use this international break as a chance to reflect on whether he should return to professional football for the rest of the season. when played through on a few occasions on Saturday he looked like a 55 year old, 40 a day smoker who tried for a few seconds to catch a bus in the rain then just decided he would rather get wet. 

That's it, get it out of your system, you'll feel better for it. Truth is it is all correct and I agree totally with everything you said.