Transfer window deadline day

Craigieboy

27 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

By the sound of things we're more likely to be loaning out than bringing in. IMO if Hawkshaw needs a regular game somewhere there's a vacancy in our own midfield. Maybe we could do the neighbourly thing and loan power and Broadmoor to A*r.

I know you're joking and the two players mentioned aren't much good (so far), but UNDER NO circumstances should we be helping the scum out with loans. Keep them in the third tier where they belong. Or fourth even :-))) yes I am a bitter and twisted man. 

Edited by Ycfc1922

Perhaps I'm being unfair to Power, he may be a useful addition if/when he gets match fit and up to speed with the demands of our game. I've read on here that he was brought in to help the younger players (?) and at the same time I'm reading that Scott Boyd maybe offloaded. I think Boyd would be a much more effective mentor ( as well as a valuable player). I thought Will Boyle benefitted from playing alongside Boyd last season, and was a better player when he left.

15 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

Perhaps I'm being unfair to Power, he may be a useful addition if/when he gets match fit and up to speed with the demands of our game. I've read on here that he was brought in to help the younger players (?) and at the same time I'm reading that Scott Boyd maybe offloaded. I think Boyd would be a much more effective mentor ( as well as a valuable player). I thought Will Boyle benefitted from playing alongside Boyd last season, and was a better player when he left.

The idea of Power being signed to bring on younger players is just a load of spin to try and deflect from the fact that he has been a bad signing.  

Edited by historyman

I'm willing to keep my faith in McCulloch as I have always thought that he is worth a go , he has the task of bringing in a team from scratch after years of neglect and he has certainly highlighted a lot of what is wrong with our club but I have a concern in his reluctance to admit that the midfield is needing strengthened. 

3 hours ago, skygod said:

We should want to be in the same division as Ayr. 

Other clubs benefit enormously from having a local derby. 

If Lee McCulloch doesn't get his act together pretty quickly you unfortunately may get your wish possibly in another division!

3 hours ago, Blackislekillie said:

I think Boyd would be a much more effective mentor ( as well as a valuable player). I thought Will Boyle benefitted from playing alongside Boyd last season, and was a better player when he left.

Maybe so, But by my reckoning Boyle had 14 starts, only 4 of which were beside Scott Boyd

We appear to have had 12 different centre back pairings last season in our 43 League and Cup games

In rough order of when they first paired up

Addison Boyle 6 matches

Addison Burn  2

Burn Boyle      1

Burn Boyd       4

Addison Boyd  4

Boyle Boyd      4

Boyle Wilson   3

Dicker Wilson  1

Dicker Ajer      10

Ajer Osborne   2 (well, one and a wee bit)

Ajer Boyd         5

Dicker  Boyd    1

Surprising to me, as I thought certain pairings had played more regularly 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I'm willing to keep my faith in McCulloch as I have always thought that he is worth a go , he has the task of bringing in a team from scratch after years of neglect and he has certainly highlighted a lot of what is wrong with our club but I have a concern in his reluctance to admit that the midfield is needing strengthened. 

My gut feeling is if he doesn't manage to address the midfield, it will possibly cost him his job. If he is pinning his hopes on Dicker & Kiltie, by the time Kiltie returns we will be so far behind the mid table pack, it will be too late to avoid another relegation scrap.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I would disagree that he is building a team from scratch. He knew what was required to pad the squad out with experience and quality. On paper he's addressed most of the problems though the signings haven't all hit the ground running. Like others though I'd agree there is one area he's overlooked and unless he sorts it quickly either with players on the books or new signings the damage caused by our lack of a central midfield could be irreparable.