Scottish Labour (trying) to return to their roots

Mcilroy56

Individually Scots can be just as tribal (the trendy curse word now is "racist") as any homo sapiens are from any other part of the globe. What a shocker, eh? Who would have thunk it?

In my experience, the less "educated" a person is the less well practiced they are in keeping their tribal instincts out of public view. And let's face it, Labour has a shed load of  less "educated" representatives.

By spooky contrast Wee Roofie is so well "educated" that she has trouble coming across as "conservative" at all. 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Individually Scots can be just as tribal (the trendy curse word now is "racist") as any homo sapiens are from any other part of the globe. What a shocker, eh? Who would have thunk it?

In my experience, the less "educated" a person is the less well practiced they are in keeping their tribal instincts out of public view. And let's face it, Labour has a shed load of  less "educated" representatives.

By spooky contrast Wee Roofie is so well "educated" that she has trouble coming across as "conservative" at all. 

And in another spooky coincidence the most racist segment of society voted to remain British rather become Scots. 

6 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

all political parties have their idiots, if you think your party is bereft of idiots then I have news for you, its you!

Aye but, this councillors been accused of racially abusing 6 year old girls in chip shops.

He should be booted out of Labour and politics, not somehow excused cos the rest of society is less than perfect!

We don't want cretins like him in public office, is pathetic the unionist papers are giving him a staged photo-shoot PR rehabilitation.

1 hour ago, RAG said:

Aye but, this councillors been accused of racially abusing 6 year old girls in chip shops.

He should be booted out of Labour and politics, not somehow excused cos the rest of society is less than perfect!

We don't want cretins like him in public office, is pathetic the unionist papers are giving him a staged photo-shoot PR rehabilitation.

i agree, if he did do it then kick him out.

in general i find the current trend of people bringing up things from decades ago pretty conerning especially when its one persons word against another. did these kids no go back and tell theri parents about what was going on?

11 hours ago, Scooter said:

There are some people who revel in condemning fellow Killie fans for contrived offensiveness but will not condemn their Labour brethren for ACTUAL racism. It's a funny old game this! 9_9

Probably the same person sang those words to the song back in the 70’s and 80’s

22 hours ago, Scooter said:

There are some people who revel in condemning fellow Killie fans for contrived offensiveness but will not condemn their Labour brethren for ACTUAL racism. It's a funny old game this! 9_9

And there are people who think it's only the OF who should adapt to modern times. Seriously can't belueve how wilfully blind people are being with this issue. "Don't worry about us saying black bastard, it just means dirty". Imagine actually having that conversation with a black person. To see ourselves as ithers see us. 

Edited by Mclean07

54 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

image.png.9c1dcbc0fa9075d4dab4a9342aa6fe98.png

Posted by a good Killie man and liked by two Killie men. All proud to be practical centre left. Solid achievements for ordinary people. Corbyn will do well to better it, and the Nats never will.

Google "Gordon Brown pensions" , his achievements don't look quite so solid. I think Gordon Brown was a wolf in sheep's clothing. He got a lot of sympathy for his personal and family circumstances but beneath that he was manipulative and complicit in the decision to support the US on invading Iraq.

Anyway, being a good "Killie man" doesn't mean that I should agree with their political or personal view on life.

Edited by Wrangodog

53 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Yawn......

hahahahaha. You have the cheek to reply Yawn to somebody else's post. This is exactly what you do with all your stupid & pointless "they are all Scottish" posts". Get a f**king life instead of supporting your racist party. Come back when your party actually disciplines or flings out some of them. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Imagine actually having that conversation with a black person. To see ourselves as ithers see us. 

Can't believe how arificially affected you are by this. It's aimed at our mockit rivals and not at black people for that very reason though, you do realise that eh!?

So what do you think should happen to Gaffney and Dempster, or you still wilfully blind to their comments?

Edited by Scooter

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

You've no proof of that, but your problem is they're still as Scottish as you.

These people see themselves as British, who am I to argue with them? At least they’re honest with themselves. Not like those 80 minutes/90 minutes, and until recently 5 sets, “patriots”. They’re some mixed up people.

1 hour ago, harley said:

hahahahaha. You have the cheek to reply Yawn to somebody else's post. This is exactly what you do with all your stupid & pointless "they are all Scottish" posts". Get a f**king life instead of supporting your racist party. Come back when your party actually disciplines or flings out some of them. 

You forgot sectarian, those labourites hate Jews too. 

2 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Absolutely, gold star for admitting your shameful youth.

I said it's possible. You see the difference between normal people and Nats, Brexiters and Republicans, is that they admit they are sometimes wrong and don't always know all the answers. It's a trait that I think the SNP need to adopt as it might make them more appealing to the people they're trying to convert. 

5 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Google "Gordon Brown pensions" , his achievements don't look quite so solid. I think Gordon Brown was a wolf in sheep's clothing. He got a lot of sympathy for his personal and family circumstances but beneath that he was manipulative and complicit in the decision to support the US on invading Iraq.

Anyway, being a good "Killie man" doesn't mean that I should agree with their political or personal view on life.

His pension decision was closing a tax loophole to have more available for public services. It was then seized upon as an excuse by big business to do what they were going to do anyway. Even if it was a mistake ( which it wasn't ) he achieved a great deal in alleviating child, pensioner, and world poverty, working tirelessly to reduce third world debt. He was far from perfect but his motives were good. Any fair minded person would acknowledge the funding of the NHS, sure start etc, As soon as the Tories got in all of these figures started to go back the way, and continue to do so. Unfortunately, all the stupid red Tory talk gives them a free pass, kidding that their no different to Labour. I tried to tempt my two Killie colleagues back in to the political forum, as they were previously, to bring a bit of balance.They said it wasn't worth debating with a group of brainwashed Nat zoomers, tempting though it is. They were probably correct. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

I said it's possible. You see the difference between normal people and Nats, Brexiters and Republicans, is that they admit they are sometimes wrong and don't always know all the answers. It's a trait that I think the SNP need to adopt as it might make them more appealing to the people they're trying to convert. 

Is that why labour have been losing votes by the tens of thousands, because they always admit they are wrongxDxD

if you are classed as normal god help us :P

54 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

His pension decision was closing a tax loophole to have more available for public services. It was then seized upon as an excuse by big business to do what they were going to do anyway. Even if it was a mistake ( which it wasn't ) he achieved a great deal in alleviating child, pensioner, and world poverty, working tirelessly to reduce third world debt. He was far from perfect but his motives were good. Any fair minded person would acknowledge the funding of the NHS, sure start etc, As soon as the Tories got in all of these figures started to go back the way, and continue to do so. Unfortunately, all the stupid red Tory talk gives them a free pass, kidding that their no different to Labour. I tried to tempt my two Killie colleagues back in to the political forum, as they were previously, to bring a bit of balance.They said it wasn't worth debating with a group of brainwashed Nat zoomers, tempting though it is. They were probably correct. 

No response about Iraq ? He now claims the US duped Blair and his government, Robin Cook wasn't fooled, the majority of British people weren't fooled.

I am not a Nat zoomer, I find fault in many of their policies, but in general they are better than the unelectables, illiterates, and racists, currently representing the Labour Party in Scotland.