Scottish Labour (trying) to return to their roots

Mcilroy56

On 10/10/2017 at 8:42 AM, Mclean07 said:

Oh, I just noticed you are the one that accused anyone wanting to sell Rugby Park if not being a true Killie fan. Well done. Full house on the nutty posts!!

the simple fact is the UK has been lying about our economic figures, Professor Richard Murphy is the top tax man in the UK and GERS (GERs was founded by Tory Peer Lord Lang and even when Scotland was contributing 30% of the UK's taxes he claimed we had a massive deficit) is based on estimates and not true facts, and again if Irish whisky with 4% of the market is worth 2.5 billion Euros to the Irish economy then how can Scotland's 80% of the market be worth only £5 billion to the UK ?? and why is Scottish oil and gas being classed as coming from a unknown region (worth £15.6 billion over 2 years)?? and why did the UK government pay Shell around £300 million to extract our oil when they had to pay Norway £4.7 billion in tax for extracting oil at the same depth,  the same shell that had a record £11 billion share dividend paid out this year ??

DickTurpin is my only username

• 3 weeks later...

Findlay would have walked the contest if he had stood. Surprised that he didn't, there must be a reason. 

Leonard will win and will probably deliver some seats in Scotland but he is not liked by the party in Scotland and internal discipline will be even worse than it usually is. 

Sarwar would be an utter disaster, I'm surprised he can even spell Labour. Like his father his number one priority would be his own interests. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scooter said:

They sat on it for 5 weeks? And they expect us to believe the investigation will be "fair and transparent"?

Looking forward to Jakie Baillie's statement calling for Rowley to resign as an MSP.

He's had the flu for the last 2 weeks. An appropriate illness at just the right time 9_9. I too wait for Baillie's statement after she wasted 3 questions this week just to get round to asking if Macdonald should resign as an MSP. I await with baited breath her asking for Rowley to resign.   

20 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

Kezia is gender fluid 

I'm sensing that in future, anyone who refuses to acknowledge their gender fluidity and wants to identify as solely male or female will be sent for re-education by the Holyrood government.

Oh aye, and by 2034 the it will be illegal to sell a petrol engine car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see wee Kez has had her knuckles rapped. 

If I took 3 weeks off work without agreeing it with my project manager I think I would be in a bit more bother than Kez seems to have been in. Especially as her wee unauthorized break was in support of the "Make Kezia Dugdale a very rich person" enterprise.

Labour really have to take a long hard look at themselves and ask if this is the image they want to project of a privileged minority jetting round the world on self iindulgent voyages of discovery while the Tories rip the life out of the NHA and the Welfare state.

• 4 weeks later...

Scottish Labour voting today with the Tories to try and block the draft Scottish budget, which included  £400 million in additional funding for the NHS, £120 million for education and and an end to the 1% public sector wage cap, shows they still haven’t learnt their lesson from the referendum. Especially when moments after the vote their Tory buddies are accusing them of pulling a stunt and say “If the Labour Party had really wanted to be serious about influencing the direction of the Budget, it is quite entitled to sit down and make a case to the Cabinet Secretary for Finance as to what changes it wants to make.“I really think Mr Kelly would have been on stronger ground had he come to the chamber and set out not only what additional spending the Labour Party want to see but also set out the tax changes they would make to pay for it.” Talk Left, vote Right. 

Played like a fiddle again. 

Edited by Zorro

Well done Scottish Labour on opposing draconian cuts to local government. Some Nats will always try and use the Red Tory card, as they're a wee bit simple and don't understand you can vote the same way as another Party, but for totally different reasons. This happened in the referendum, when they're offer to the Scottish people was thrown out by a majority of their fellow Scots. If course, no cuts at all would be required if the Nats weren't spectacularly underperforming compared to the rest of the UK on the economy. But more on that later. 

If it looks like a Tory and votes like a Tory, chances are it’s a Tory. So while McLean may approve of his party trying to deprive schools and the NHS of much needed funds, people can see their grandstanding for what it is. Even the tories notice  

Yes there will be some reallocation of the local council budgets. Some of this is due to the reorganisation of social care; an area Labour run councils were exceptionally poor at organising, and part due to the direct allocation of funding for education. These changes had become necessary due to the Labour tactic of withholding funds at local government level, so they could scream, shout and stamp their feet at Holyrood, railing against SNP “incompetence”. Yes that’s right our social justice warriors were actively cutting teacher numbers and promoting bed blocking, while sitting on huge monetary reserves at local government level so they could make political capital.

Another reason local government cuts have become necessary is to fully fund the pay increase for public sector workers. Now it may seem strange that the Scottish government would need to step in here, after all Labour claims to be the party of the worker, but ask yourself, why hadn’t a wage increase been improved in Labour controlled Wales? Why are unions all over Scotland fighting for settlement agreements, for women who’d been deliberately underpaid,at Labour run local government level, for decades? Why did they applaud through Tory changes to pension laws which saw, many women’s pension plans thrown up in the air? 

We also have the well documented Labour PFI “master stroke” or the greatest grab of public funds and resources, as well as the greatest demonstration of cronyism ever witnessed, depending on your point of view. The payments for this scheme will be crippling local governments for generations. 

Finally we have Tory austerity; another well documented example of Labours failure to stand up to the tories. And why did they support it? Was it because there was no money left? No, cash was found down the back of the sofa for all manner of important things from buying votes from Irish bigots, to promoting arms sales by live fire demonstrations in Syria. We’ve built leaky aircraft carriers with no airplanes, waved through a replacement for trident, but there’s no money so granny’s can die with a bit of dignity or so nurses don’t have to use food banks . The reason Labour support Tory austerity is because the tories will say they can’t run an economy if they don’t. So much for standing up for your principles. 

Scotland’s very own Citizen Smythe (talks left, votes right), can parrot Labourspeak till he’s (Tory) blue in the face, but we all know the only thing which matters to his party is power and that means trying to preserve this unequal Union for as long as they can. They know unless they can get back to the “good old days” of “monkeys with red rosettes” their days in power are gone for ever. Reality check McLean, your party is finished in Scotland. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If they're Scottish, how can they be racist, Labour or not? Away and chant black bastards wae yer drunken racist pals to welcome our new signing.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

It seems that Scotland is not the all inclusive paradise that some would like to think it is.

Who would have thought that eh?

Aye, the boy's just proving that, gdevoy. He's not the brightest, politically. He's revealing the Nat thought process that only Nats are true Scots. 

Edited by Mclean07