St Mirren Park tonight

Squirrelhumper

Taylor played very well, was rarely troubled and got forward when he could. Even managed the odd throw-in.

Thomas played centrally and flirted in and out of the game with mostly a defensive performance in the 2nd half. Subbed around the 70 minute mark.

Wilson sat in front of the defence and although they repelled all pressure he looked a bit exposed when a few Dutch players ran at him. 

A great performance overall and none of none of the Killie players let themselves down. Best players for Scotland were Morgan, Mallan and Soutar. Having said that 7 or 8 played very well.

42 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

Michael Johnston on the bench for Scotland?

Yes on the bench but didn't get on.

Thought Taylor was very steady and had a couple of good exchanges with Burke. He was also one of the few who got the head up and played a pass behind the Holland back line for Burke to use his pace to run on to.

Thomas was inconsistent in terms of his end product but fair play to him he put in a great shift.

I thought Wilson played well, still needs to work on his athleticism and a bit more on his first touch and range of passing but with good coaching that will hopefully come. Credit where it's due he played the holding midfielder role very well and broke up a number of the Holland attacks protecting the centre halves well. Needs to play more in his natural position for us. Also though he worked well with Mallan, allowing him to get forward more.

It has to be said this is one of the better young teams we've had in some time with a surprising amount of pace in the attacking side, particularly Morgan and Burke.

I was at the match last night, I thought Thomas, Taylor and Wilson all played well.

Thomas looked good when he was running at the Netherlands defence, although his decision making at times needs to improve, which I'm sure it will with more game time. 

Taylor only made one mistake of note in the whole match and did cause the Netherlands rightback issues when he went forward. He won quite a few headers as well.

While Wilson, who seems to get a hard time off of the fans who sit near me, had a great match. He seemed to make a lot of great tackles and if he plays like that, I would happily play him in central midfield (which I think is his best position) until Dicker is fully fit. 

1 hour ago, Richie95 said:

While Wilson, who seems to get a hard time off of the fans who sit near me, had a great match. He seemed to make a lot of great tackles and if he plays like that, I would happily play him in central midfield (which I think is his best position) until Dicker is fully fit. 

Wilson, IMO is the most underrated player in our team.

Absolutely spot on regarding Iain Wilson boys. 3 Killie boys help beat Brazil for the 1st time at any age group in the summer then 3 again tho would probably been 4 had Frizz not been injured turn over the Dutch. I would imagine Mr Parks at the daily ranger is seething tho obviously he won't mention them or us till it's time to put the boot in again.

9 minutes ago, Craigie11 said:

Absolutely spot on regarding Iain Wilson boys. 3 Killie boys help beat Brazil for the 1st time at any age group in the summer then 3 again tho would probably been 4 had Frizz not been injured turn over the Dutch. I would imagine Mr Parks at the daily ranger is seething tho obviously he won't mention them or us till it's time to put the boot in again.

It would potentially have been 5 had Kiltie not been injured.

I think the only real problem position for Scotland at the moment is a central defender to play alongside Mulgrew and probably a winger to replace Forrest. 

Currently the squad looks very strong especially both full backs as have been mentioned. 

I would also think Wallace and Shinnie would be called up before Taylor. That's not to mention lads playing in the English championship that are eligible. 

Let's face it, we're unlikely to see any Killie player in the full squad whilst here. Boyd didn't get a call up until two weeks after he signed for Rangers. I think Naisy managed one before his move.