The clock is ticking

Grahamc94

5 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Too early to panic..

But some worrying signs are so evident under LM management 

Today the team seemed lacking in shape, fitness , quality and even a togetherness 

And this was after 2 weeks to prepare

And according to LM we worked hard in training during the break!

Clearly not good enough. The fears of the NOT JIG brigade look justified and I'm left wondering what happened during the summer? Either no-one else was seriously considered or we left it so late that there was no alternative. That smacks of incompetence at the top so how can we expect them to come up with (or stump up for) anyone better if we ditch him?

Sometimes a new face can galvanise a team but is that likely to happen with the lot we have now? When I first saw Killie in '91 I'd never seen a harder working team and that's what hooked me albeit from a distance.......... so very sad that we're looking like going down without a fight!!

2 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

When I first saw Killie in '91 I'd never seen a harder working team and that's what hooked me albeit from a distance

This is a key point.  People say football has changed and this approach doesn't work anymore but I completely disagree.  I would love to have Holt, Tam Brown or Mitchell showing these guys where effort can take you. I watched a clip on BBC about Jamie Vardy the other day and hard work and aggresion was what he attributed to getting to the top in a short space of time.  Every single player on our team probably with the exception of Stevie Smith and Burke are young enough that with the correct application and attitude could move back up a level - either in terms of team or performance.  

14 minutes ago, KTIDanny85 said:

I'd get rid of him before its too late. Make the change this early gives someone else the time to bed in and turn it around. But its the age old who do we get in? We really need someone with experience.

After watching that today we are very worringly not improving, no sign of tactical changes during any game. We are so pedestrian , dont shoot no support off the ball, poor defence, no midfield. Passing is terrible players show no hunger. I cannot seriously think if one positive today. Non of the signings look comfortably at this level. 

I would just like to say that I have always said give managers time and I still think LM deserves another few weeks.  At the same time he has been in charge for 8 months and, with a better squad than last year in my opinion, we seem to be going backwards.

Should Gary Holt be where we look to next?  If your answer is yes, should we just go and get him right now and accept that we can't get any worse and at least give someone the job who would surely install passion and maximum effort into our team?  

Or is Holt also too much of a rookie for us to risk - both for us and also for him personally as I'm sure it would be difficult for him as a fan if he failed miserably? His piece in the Standard this week did read a lot like a "come and get me" plea.

(I tried to create this as a new topic but for whatever reason was blocked from doing so but if anyone feels its worth discussing as a new topic please do the job for me).

I was one of LM,s proponents and I'm still willing to,give him a few more weeks but his lack of tactical awareness is disappointing to say the least. He needs a Craig Levein type guy to give him guidance since he is still naive in many respects. The board also have to take some of the blame as they have chosen rookie    I.e. The cheapest options , for our last 3 out of 4 managers at SPFL level.

Had we a Walter Smith/Levein guy in the background then a rookie manager has a chance but as we all know that sort of thinking and cost is not on there radar.

If LM is sacked we must appoint an experienced manager for example Davies Pressley etc and pay the guy his worth don't penny pinch or the plywood clad "executive area" will become an expensive roost for the seagulls or championship football for several years will be a reality 

I think Dundee is the last chance saloon isnt it? We're going to lose to Aberdeen (which is alright, they are miles ahead of us). Either failing to win or failing to show real promise by Dundee and that should be it.

The point about players giving it their all all is a really good one. Listening to sportsound on the way back from Motherwell and the pundits at Murrayfield are saying it's night and day with the Hearts players under Levein to Cathro. From Ayr on we've just had nothing. No spark. No fight. There's been good moments but there is something fundamentally wrong going on with the team just now. 

20 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Spoke to a source close to the club this week who said Lee McCulloch just doesn't seem happy or to be enjoying it.

I think this is clear to see

If you're correct,  and I've no reason to doubt you, then I think if we don't beat Dundee he may resign.

Dundee at home is already looking like a relegation 6 pointer this early in the season. 

Sad times.

Yet again today we were second best in midfield when Well stepped up a gear , vast open spaces left for opposing players to run at our defence ....but LM failed to address the issue during his many signings...

Pre season LM said that Steve Smith and Boyd would be vital players to have in his squad ....today when the going got tough Smith was found wanting in quality as well as leadership...