Sign in to follow this  
killie1961

Lee Mcculloch

killie1961    10

Lee Mcculloch ,

was the easy option to be named manager the standard of the Scottish Premier  is the worst i have seen since supporting kilmarnock in over 45 years the kilmarnock directors dont have a clue or a vision for the club the club is in decline and have been for many years we have flirted with relegation for years maybe our luck is finally going to run out

• Like 1
  • Back of the Net! 2

Mister Y    62

Well said killie1961....With better management we would be better than St Johnstone, It's actually a disgrace that some people accept that they are better than us "because Perth is a city"

fraz65    246

When the manager doesn't even have enough authority to stop his most senior player from singing the praises of a rival club all over the media, it's a worrying sign.

• Back of the Net! 2

Darryl1869    61
5 hours ago, fraz65 said:

When the manager doesn't even have enough authority to stop his most senior player from singing the praises of a rival club all over the media, it's a worrying sign.

LM probably asked if he could do the vocals! 

RayD    60

All the waffling when asked if he wanted the job at the tail end of the season struck me as a sign of someone who wasn't confident in his own abilities (or was waiting for something else to develop). Always hoped the club would make the decision for him and hire someone else, but they seemed to be as indecisive as him.

There seems to be a lack of basic fitness, basic organisation, player camaraderie or any kind of cohesive plan.

I think we made a huge mistake in hiring him, but I still hope people are able to bring this up at the end of the season and show me how wrong I was.

• Back of the Net! 2

Wrangodog    412
10 minutes ago, RayD said:

All the waffling when asked if he wanted the job at the tail end of the season struck me as a sign of someone who wasn't confident in his own abilities (or was waiting for something else to develop). Always hoped the club would make the decision for him and hire someone else, but they seemed to be as indecisive as him.

There seems to be a lack of basic fitness, basic organisation, player camaraderie or any kind of cohesive plan.

I think we made a huge mistake in hiring him, but I still hope people are able to bring this up at the end of the season and show me how wrong I was.

I doubt that fitness is a problem, no matter how incompetent he may be McCulloch should have got them fit. It is always trotted out as a fault when a team aren't playing well. If we don't retain possession we have to run about more to get the ball back and consequently tire quicker. 

It's simple... we should have appointed a Manager NOT a Learner  Manager. 

But sentiment (mostly on here), and a limp, rudderless boardroom saw him eventually accept a job he patently can't do. The worst part of it is there's no evidence Kilmarnock Football Club actually sought other applicants. 

That IS the scandal... and we'll let it drag on and on, hoping for a magic turnaround, until it's beyond fixing.

Bobby14    88
11 hours ago, Mister Y said:

Well said killie1961....With better management we would be better than St Johnstone, It's actually a disgrace that some people accept that they are better than us "because Perth is a city"

What's St. Johnstone got to do with it xD?

skygod    1421
1 hour ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

The worst part of it is there's no evidence Kilmarnock Football Club actually sought other applicants. 

That IS the scandal... and we'll let it drag on and on, hoping for a magic turnaround, until it's beyond fixing.

How would you suggest the club went about seeking applicants?

Sandman396    99
8 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Has nothing to do with things on the park

• Red Card 1
  • Sad 1
  • Confused 1

fraz65    246
1 hour ago, Sandman396 said:

Has nothing to do with things on the park

How have you reached that conclusion Sandman?

Scouser2    171

"Gelling" seems LM fallback word to use after every game ATM .....even after near 2 months together for most of squad and a free week to work on things.....

hope they "gel" before too long or it will be as useful a comment as GL's ad nauseum phrase " we must work harder" 

historyman    853

On sportscene he looked like a man who had no idea what to do. 

The first goal was yet another embarrassment, they just waltzed straight down the middle - Brophy, Smith and the two centre halves all culpable for starters. How many more goals like that are we going to lose?

gdevoy    248

He needs to stop managing a retirement home for aging Huns, blethering bulls**t in TV interviews and start managing a football team.

• Like 3

skygod    1421

"Kilmarnock manager Lee McCulloch is struggling with a back problem...."

(The Scotsman)

"And a midfield problem and a striking problem", we all said in unison.

Zorro    461
13 hours ago, fraz65 said:

If the club had an identity of its own, it wouldn't happen. To too many we're just a job. Looking at the way the Motherwell players have bought into fan ownership, should be our blueprint. Unfortunately a push for a seat on the board just isnt as sexy. 

Bbk    148

Heard Lee McCulloch saying that the penalty changed the game?whit the f*** it was in the 89th minute the game was away from us much much sooner than that Lee simply because you had no clue how to stop it!

skygod    1421
24 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

How many Motherwell players in the squad yesterday were signed by the new manager in the close season?

Eleven.

Why?

DrewWylie    234
21 hours ago, killie1961 said:

Lee Mcculloch ,

was the easy option to be named manager the standard of the Scottish Premier  is the worst i have seen since supporting kilmarnock in over 45 years the kilmarnock directors dont have a clue or a vision for the club the club is in decline and have been for many years we have flirted with relegation for years maybe our luck is finally going to run out

Yes -------- but hopefully not